Other NBA Games...

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The rookie Chalmers, starting at point for Miami, finished with 17/8/7. It will be interesting to monitor the progress of this guy, since the Heat gave up less to acquire him on draft night than the Suns to get Dragic.

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
kings 96,timberwolves 98

hawes with 12pts 14 reb and 6 blocks

rookie thompson 18 pts 10 reb

kevin love 12 pts 9 reb 2 blocks

Ciani

Registered
Reaction score
NY dazzles with 120 pts..........& gives up 115.
Just like DA drew it up.....awesome.

I watched the game, they were actually playig pretty good D in the 2nd and 3rd quarter and built a big lead (20+), but became lazy in the last 6 minutes and allowed the Heat to come back. However, their win wasnt in real danger.

D'Antoni is good in building up a team, the Knicks are still not very good, but not a joke anymore.

The rookie Chalmers, starting at point for Miami, finished with 17/8/7. It will be interesting to monitor the progress of this guy, since the Heat gave up less to acquire him on draft night than the Suns to get Dragic.

He did not look that great until the game was competitive, but definitely much better than Dragic.

Last edited:

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
Chalmers was widely considered a likely first round pick. The Suns could have taken him at 15, but were sure they wanted Robin. IMHO Chalmers was a steal in the second round.

Oddly enough, the guy the Suns traded to the Spurs, Hairston, was cut. The PG the Spurs drafted, George Hill, did not play tonight.

Dragic clearly has a bigger transition to the NBA than Chalmer since he has to learn American style basketball, the NBA, English, and Porter's style.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kings 96,timberwolves 98

hawes with 12pts 14 reb and 6 blocks

rookie thompson 18 pts 10 reb

kevin love 12 pts 9 reb 2 blocks

Per the Star Tribune the stats guy for the Wolves had them at plus 20 in the 18 1/2 minutes Love was on the floor.

If you watch the highlights on NBA.com Love had perhaps the worst attempt at drawing a charge I've ever seen. He stepped in front of Mikki Moore on a drive, went flailing backwards staggering about 10 feet out of bounds under the basket, worst flop ever. And moore went up and hammered home a 2 hand dunk.

He flopped too much early on at UCLA last year too, I assume he'll eventually figure it out in the NBA. Nice debut though.

Mayo's first game was pretty poor- 5-20, 0-7 on 3's only 2 assists, did have a couple of nice steals.

Ballamania

Registered
Reaction score
yeah, 0-3. where are those san asstonio spurs fans who like to creep around this board?

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
the spurs have got to find a way to stay afloat while ginobili is out. if they could somehow get harrington, they would be in much better shape because they'd get some good firepower in the front court. a guy like wilcox may also be able to help. too bad they don't have many tradeable assets. if they get too far behind in the west, they'll be in deep trouble come march when the playoff picture starts to take shape.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the spurs have got to find a way to stay afloat while ginobili is out. if they could somehow get harrington, they would be in much better shape because they'd get some good firepower in the front court. a guy like wilcox may also be able to help. too bad they don't have many tradeable assets. if they get too far behind in the west, they'll be in deep trouble come march when the playoff picture starts to take shape.

McDyess would be an feasible option for SA after his buyout with Denver. However, instead, I hope he returns to Detroit.

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
I could just see McDyess playing a pivitol defensive roll to help the Spurs beat the Suns in the playoffs this year.

I think I just threw up.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mayo goes for a career high 28, gives up 33 to the guy he's guarding. He's definitely showing he can play in the NBA but he's finding out the hard way so can everyone else.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mario Chalmers sets Heat single game record with 9 steals. Ties for second all-time in an NBA rookie season.

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
I know he plays for the Spurs, but someone has to mention Tony Parker's 55 points and 10 assists.

Granted it was against the lowly T-Wolves, AND it took 2OT, but that's a great effort.

Could you imagine if the Spurs had traded him for Kidd all those years ago??

Phoenix would probably be 2x NBA Champions :D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mario Chalmers sets Heat single game record with 9 steals. Ties for second all-time in an NBA rookie season.

Yeah I did a double take when I saw that in the paper, 9 steals in any level is amazing but at the NBA level?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know he plays for the Spurs, but someone has to mention Tony Parker's 55 points and 10 assists.

Granted it was against the lowly T-Wolves, AND it took 2OT, but that's a great effort.

Could you imagine if the Spurs had traded him for Kidd all those years ago??

Phoenix would probably be 2x NBA Champions :D

The jumper he hit to force the 2nd OT was pretty impressive, for a guy who's not usually a great shooter to make that move and stick that shot at that time in a game was impressive.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After four games, Chalmers is leading the league in steals and leading all rookies in assists per game. But I doubt the Suns even considered trying to get him at draft night, since they were so high on Dragic.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Memphis Grizzlies are looking impressive, espcially Mayo who has 26 points in the first half(9/12 from the field).

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
No Parker, no Ginobilli, no worries.

Anyone get the feeling that D'Antoni was outcoached in this one ;)