Other Games: 11/5 - 11/6

Lorenzo

Reaction score
they called hands to the face and picked the flag up. interesting, but I don't have a problem with it.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It’s not. The game is entirely different and the players are far more advanced coming out.

It’s an extremely bad take to compare someone who came out in 1989 and 1998 to someone coming out today. It’s apples and oranges. The fact someone has to go back 25 years to provide a “calm down” example should give you some pause.
Negative.
The game can change all it wants.But the simple fact is that it boils down to 11 guys against 11 guys.
In the case of quarterbacks they have to learn to process the game at a different speed. Not just their wr vs the guy covering him. But where the safety is and which way he is moving. All the defensive factors...while also processing how the play they called is going to affect what the defense does... While also processing everything going on around them in the pocket... To be a successful NFL QB they have to do it all at once in less than 3 seconds.
The athletes were less 30 years ago, but at the NFL level they were still much better than the guys in college. Much faster. The playbooks were still much more complicated.
Those with narrow scope of thought always tend to overlook the human element. When, with the exception of the ball it's the only thing that remains the same in the game. Humans have to learn, adapt, develop...there are basic standards but we still all adapt and develop at different rates. These guys are still growing. In strength and mental capacity all throughout their rookie contract. A guy bombing out in his rookie season proves he has a long way to go but does not prove he is a bust..... Unless he's like a 26 year old rookie or something

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Why throw short of the end zone there? :oops:
a couple of terrible plays by dallas to end the game and good play by the eagles DE to force that sack. Prescott has to throw that one away. overall a good showing for dallas, a handful of plays where they are running short of the line to gain cost them. McCarthy said he would be aggressive, but they need to do more than what they did to match the eagles.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NFL rules continue to baffle me. Josh Allen was NOT throwing the ball away because of pressure, there was no pressure, he was throwing a deep route but as Collinsworth said the CB cut off the route so the WR stopped, but the ball was already released. And they called intentional grounding.
He wasn't throwing it away to avoid a sack he had a clean pocket when he threw it.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
NFL rules continue to baffle me. Josh Allen was NOT throwing the ball away because of pressure, there was no pressure, he was throwing a deep route but as Collinsworth said the CB cut off the route so the WR stopped, but the ball was already released. And they called intentional grounding.
He wasn't throwing it away to avoid a sack he had a clean pocket when he threw it.
Letter of the rule > actual intent

Sadly we've seen that screw our Cards numerous times.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Classic Philly. I had a nice little moment when they showed Bryce Harper and the fans erupted. The guy who almost made it to the WS.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It’s frustrating watching the refs in all of these games. I thought they influenced the outcome of the Philadelphia/Dallas game. They don’t have any sort of consistency whatsoever with how they call games.

Reactions: PJ1

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh Allen is great but he's reached the point where he's hurting the Bills IMO by refusing to run the ball? I mean on RPO's hand the ball off, not him personally run the ball. 5 handoffs, 17 throws. And no it's not that they can't run the ball as Collinsworth keeps saying they're averaging 4 yards per carry on those 5 carries.

Josh just wants to be Tom Brady in his prime and throw on every down, but it's not working

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Josh Allen is great but he's reached the point where he's hurting the Bills IMO by refusing to run the ball? I mean on RPO's hand the ball off, not him personally run the ball. 5 handoffs, 17 throws. And no it's not that they can't run the ball as Collinsworth keeps saying they're averaging 4 yards per carry on those 5 carries.

Josh just wants to be Tom Brady in his prime and throw on every down, but it's not working
Have you seen their drafting since 2019? You take Josh off this team & it’s a bottom 10 team.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
4th and 5 and burrow throws short of the chains. Good to know it’s not only Dallas doing it. Wtf

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Have you seen their drafting since 2019? You take Josh off this team & it’s a bottom 10 team.
Just turned this game on now. The only game I’ve watched Allen play this year is probably not a good one. It was the opening game vs the jets. They lost that game because of Allen. He was terrible.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sure but the point is he's literally allowing Cincy to completely ignore the run game which is why he's having difficulty throwing the ball. I said 4 it's actually 3.4 which isn't great but it's not so bad that you can't run the ball at all. Cook is not an elite RB but he CAN run the ball. In my lifetime the only QB I can remember who was able to be great without any threat at all of running the ball was Brady for a few years, maybe Marino with the Marks but I think they actually had "some" run game?

Maybe the OC should call more straight handoffs but as they said even the OL said they call RPO's, PRO's because Josh almost always chooses to throw not run.

This is how HE has chosen to play, throw on every down. So if it's not working it's on him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard