OT: Wild Card weekend. 1/14/23-1/16/23

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Turned on the Hawks-9ers in the 3rd. Refs too involved, shut it off. Looking forward to Bolts-Jags however; should be a good one…unless the zebras get too involved—something they seem to love to do.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ehhh Purdy is Mr. Irrelevant. Kyler is the overall #1 pick Transcendent talent Heisman trophy winner.

Not saying coaching doesn’t help it obviously does and can. But Purdy definitely appears to be the more polished player and that’s after only starting 7 NFL games. Just from Kylers starting point and hype alone he should be the more polished player even with no coaching.

Coaching aside it’s quite amazing that this kid had 332 yards and 3 TDs in his first playoff game. We can only hope Kyler can accomplish that someday at this point.

Heck Kyler hasn’t even had a 30 passing TD season but Geno freaking Smith has…

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ehhh Purdy is Mr. Irrelevant. Kyler is the overall #1 pick Transcendent talent Heisman trophy winner.

Not saying coaching doesn’t help it obviously does and can. But Purdy definitely appears to be the more polished player and that’s after only starting 7 NFL games. Just from Kylers starting point and hype alone he should be the more polished player even with no coaching.

Coaching aside it’s quite amazing that this kid had 332 yards and 3 TDs in his first playoff game. We can only hope Kyler can accomplish that someday at this point.

Heck Kyler hasn’t even had a 30 passing TD season but Geno freaking Smith has…
You gonna ignore the crazy difference in talent too? You purposely doing that?

I expect a usual Shane reply of “Stop making excuses of Kyler” or something of that nature when this is less about Kyler & more about the overall team structure of talent the 49ers possess.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You gonna ignore the crazy difference in talent too? You purposely doing that?

I expect a usual Shane reply of “Stop making excuses of Kyler” or something of that nature when this is less about Kyler & more about the overall team structure of talent the 49ers possess.
Clearly they’re a better team top to bottom. Who’s arguing that?

But 235 million dollar Kyler should still be more polished then Purdy(Mr freaking irrelevant) year 4 in the league. No questions asked.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe, but at least Murphy has proven to be a productive/good player.

It’s not even in the same galaxy as Isabella over DK. Hell, it’s not even worse than Simmons over Wirfs.
Targeting a DB after drafting your QTOF is the kind of incompetence that set the table for taking Simmons over Wirfs.

The Bengals smartly drafted Tee Higgins at the top of round 2 after selecting Burrow #1.

However, you dont draft a nickel corner when your WR room was either old or bad the year before.

There is no Isabella pick if you draft a Wr at he top of round 2.

Respect to Murphy, but Keim had no clue.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Targeting a DB after drafting your QTOF is the kind of incompetence that set the table for taking Simmons over Wirfs.
Difference is Byron has shown to be a good player. Simmons has not. I don’t disagree with you fully, but it’s not as black & white as you are implying.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Clearly they’re a better team top to bottom. Who’s arguing that?
You completely just skipping over it. Stop acting like I’m a damn moron, Shane.
But 235 million dollar Kyler should still be more polished then Purdy(Mr freaking irrelevant) year 4 in the league. No questions asked.
Kyler should be better than he is, but luckily he won’t have a GM actively sabotaging his & his teammates career anymore.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Difference is Byron has shown to be a good player. Simmons has not. I don’t disagree with you fully, but it’s not as black & white as you are implying.
PFF isnt the end all be all, but Im not sure Murphy's ever been out of the 60s. He's been decent and played really well at times this year. He's closer to Simmons than people want to admit (career wise).

Edit: Simmons looks worse obviously cause he was a top 10 pick.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You completely just skipping over it. Stop acting like I’m a damn moron, Shane.

Kyler should be better than he is, but luckily he won’t have a GM actively sabotaging his & his teammates career anymore.
I’m not skipping over anything. Anyone with half a brain can see that. It’s still irrelevant the fact that Mr irrelevant 705K a year looks light years more composed and under control then our #1 overall 1/4 billion dollar man.

In fact because he has that contract and loads more talent he should be expected to overcome some of the talent deficiency around him. Many QBs have over the years.

But sure let’s just blame Keim for ALL of Kylers issues. You’re starting to sound like PA.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PFF isnt the end all be all,
Correct.

Going by eye-test, I don’t remember Byron having a standout bad game while it seems like Simmons has one every other game.

If Byron is decent, Simmons is mediocre.