UPDATE: Watson Suspended 11 games and fined $5M

Status
Not open for further replies.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting.

You must be registered for see images attach
I would obviously LOVE to see him in Cleveland as opposed to anywhere in the NFC. If they do their due diligence & feel comfortable that this won’t happen again, then they should pull the trigger on this. I don’t recall any character blemishes on this kid coming out of Clemson. But could be wrong. I know people close to the Clemson program. I’ll need to ask. Pretty sure he was an exemplary kid with a bright mind coming out of college.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Watson wil be meeting the Saints and Panthers in person within the next 48 hours. Only a matter of time now.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends who the players are. Multiple first round picks and Mayfield and players is not a huge deal unless the players are really good. Obviously he's better than Baker, the first round picks are not so high as to be prohibitive, so it really comes down to who the other players would be.

I'm not sure Seattle has enough to trade to get the best deal unless that's where he wants to go. They only have 2 #'s they got in the Denver trade, it doesn't sound like the Texans are interested in 2nd rounders although they should be, and Seattle has their own and Denvers for 2 years. The best player Seattle could throw in the deal is Metcalf but it doesn't make any sense to make a blockbuster deal for a QB and then trade your best WR.

So my guess is Seattle would be offering a ton of draft picks first and second rounders.

The Panthers are reportedly willing to include CMC in the deal which makes sense for them, not sure it makes sense for the Texans to take his contract though given his injury history.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Apparently the Panthers coach is coo coo for Watson. Even willing to let him name the next head coach.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
99% sure its the Panthers.

I don't want it to be the Seahawks but why else would Pete Carroll stay around for a complete rebuild?

The Bucs and Saints would love to have him but I don't see it.

This is why I never bet!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why I never bet!

I bet Calvin Ridley wishes he hadn't either!

It is curious to me the Falcons have talent but with Ridley out they're not exactly loaded at WR. Saints kind of similar. I wonder if it's a draft picks thing or if he just wants to live in that area of the country

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet Calvin Ridley wishes he hadn't either!

It is curious to me the Falcons have talent but with Ridley out they're not exactly loaded at WR. Saints kind of similar. I wonder if it's a draft picks thing or if he just wants to live in that area of the country
Maybe he's heard good things about the massage parlors in the area...

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Panthers did not want to guarantee 3rd and 4th round picks in a deal for Deshaun Watson, so they are out of the mix.

~Jonathan M Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson