OT: TNF

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Hoodhero, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Hoodhero

Hoodhero Registered

I thought Broncos had best Oline coach in league. Maybe we can trade Kugler back to Broncos for Von :cheers:

cardsfanmd likes this.
  2. Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach Steamin Willy Beaman

The Bottom Line: Andy Reid is a buffoon for that play call. Having Mahomes dive into a pile in a meaningless game shows why he looks clueless in the playoffs. Good coach. But a moron

Southpaw likes this.
  3. azcardsfan1616

azcardsfan1616 Fist Pumping With Arians

That’s a little much, every team runs QB sneaks. Mahomes is 9 for 10 on QB sneaks so it’s not like he never does it. This is the first time I’ve ever seen a QB get his knee dislocated on a QB sneak, freak accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Ronin

Ronin Registered

5. Garthshort

Garthshort Registered User

Just a week or two ago, we saw an older QB score on a couple of QB sneaks. Hindsight is 20-20.

daves likes this.
  6. swagron

swagron Registered

Football players get hurt playing football.

MrYeahbut and b8rtm8nn like this.
  7. AZCB34

AZCB34 Registered User

So then Kyler shouldn't play in any game since all the Cards games this year are meaningless?

MrYeahbut and wa52lz like this.
  8. pinetopred

pinetopred Registered

What makes the NFL great is no game is meaningless this early in the year. What makes the NFL suck you have a hobbled QB playing a Thursday night game, the Cheifs needed a win you do what you have to, to get a win I can't blame Reid for the play call. I could blame the NFL for Thursday night games more injuries happen when the body isn't fully recovered.

9. RON_IN_OC

RON_IN_OC https://www.ronevansrealty.com

Wow...BB must be the biggest buffoon of them all, then...since he has TB12 run sneaks in pretty much every game... meaningless or not.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

daves, CardsSunsDbacks and Buckybird like this.
  10. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

I agree 100%. I'm not sure that anyone is a fan of Thursday Night football. I don't blame Reid one bit for the call. The Chiefs were reeling after 2 consecutive home losses. It was imperative that they pull out all stops and win this game. It'll probably take a serious injury to a great player for the NFL & the players union to come to grips with the fact that there is a much greater probability of injury when the body isn't fully recovered. Now, Mahomes doesn't appear to be seriously injured, but it could be worse than it looks.

pinetopred likes this.
  11. Buckybird

Buckybird Hoist the Lombardi Trophy

Getting hurt on a QB sneak is a freak injury, it just doesn’t happen til now.

He could’ve gotten hurt jumping up & celebrating a TD (FG), answering the phone etc. all of which has happened to the Cards in years past. A total freak injury

daves and PACardsFan like this.
  12. AZCB34

AZCB34 Registered User

Except the injury had little to do with what day the game was played but rather just one of those things.

Point taken however. Thursday football is terrible for the players. Peter King had an interesting take on his MMQB column.

13. Vacard

Vacard Registered

No one was holding their breath when Murray went for the sneak Sunday. It was to be expected. I thought he was too small to do it lol.

14. The Kraken

The Kraken Registered

You have a QB with a pre-existing injury that is already impacting his performance...and now will miss significant time.

You have to manage risk, there will always be risk for a QB who is mobile and a threat on his feet when a play breaks down and he gets upfield while improvising he will be at risk. But there is a huge difference between a scramble that wasn't called going south and a called play that puts an already injured QB into a pile of humanity.

I have NO idea why NFL teams do not train a TE (usually having similar same physical measurements) to take snaps under center for this exact scenario.

My .02

15. gbrim21

gbrim21 Registered

If a TE takes the snap, the defense knows exactly what's going to happen. If a QB is there they at least have to defend against other possibilities.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

CardsSunsDbacks and jf-08 like this.