OT: TNF

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought Broncos had best Oline coach in league. Maybe we can trade Kugler back to Broncos for Von :cheers:

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I thought Broncos had best Oline coach in league. Maybe we can trade Kugler back to Broncos for Von :cheers:

The Bottom Line: Andy Reid is a buffoon for that play call. Having Mahomes dive into a pile in a meaningless game shows why he looks clueless in the playoffs. Good coach. But a moron

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The Bottom Line: Andy Reid is a buffoon for that play call. Having Mahomes dive into a pile in a meaningless game shows why he looks clueless in the playoffs. Good coach. But a moron

That’s a little much, every team runs QB sneaks. Mahomes is 9 for 10 on QB sneaks so it’s not like he never does it. This is the first time I’ve ever seen a QB get his knee dislocated on a QB sneak, freak accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
What makes the NFL great is no game is meaningless this early in the year. What makes the NFL suck you have a hobbled QB playing a Thursday night game, the Cheifs needed a win you do what you have to, to get a win I can't blame Reid for the play call. I could blame the NFL for Thursday night games more injuries happen when the body isn't fully recovered.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Wow...BB must be the biggest buffoon of them all, then...since he has TB12 run sneaks in pretty much every game... meaningless or not.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What makes the NFL great is no game is meaningless this early in the year. What makes the NFL suck you have a hobbled QB playing a Thursday night game, the Cheifs needed a win you do what you have to, to get a win I can't blame Reid for the play call. I could blame the NFL for Thursday night games more injuries happen when the body isn't fully recovered.

I agree 100%. I'm not sure that anyone is a fan of Thursday Night football. I don't blame Reid one bit for the call. The Chiefs were reeling after 2 consecutive home losses. It was imperative that they pull out all stops and win this game. It'll probably take a serious injury to a great player for the NFL & the players union to come to grips with the fact that there is a much greater probability of injury when the body isn't fully recovered. Now, Mahomes doesn't appear to be seriously injured, but it could be worse than it looks.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Getting hurt on a QB sneak is a freak injury, it just doesn’t happen til now.

He could’ve gotten hurt jumping up & celebrating a TD (FG), answering the phone etc. all of which has happened to the Cards in years past. A total freak injury

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Except the injury had little to do with what day the game was played but rather just one of those things.

Point taken however. Thursday football is terrible for the players. Peter King had an interesting take on his MMQB column.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No one was holding their breath when Murray went for the sneak Sunday. It was to be expected. I thought he was too small to do it lol.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
You have a QB with a pre-existing injury that is already impacting his performance...and now will miss significant time.

You have to manage risk, there will always be risk for a QB who is mobile and a threat on his feet when a play breaks down and he gets upfield while improvising he will be at risk. But there is a huge difference between a scramble that wasn't called going south and a called play that puts an already injured QB into a pile of humanity.

I have NO idea why NFL teams do not train a TE (usually having similar same physical measurements) to take snaps under center for this exact scenario.

My .02

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
You have a QB with a pre-existing injury that is already impacting his performance...and now will miss significant time.

You have to manage risk, there will always be risk for a QB who is mobile and a threat on his feet when a play breaks down and he gets upfield while improvising he will be at risk. But there is a huge difference between a scramble that wasn't called going south and a called play that puts an already injured QB into a pile of humanity.

I have NO idea why NFL teams do not train a TE (usually having similar same physical measurements) to take snaps under center for this exact scenario.

My .02
If a TE takes the snap, the defense knows exactly what's going to happen. If a QB is there they at least have to defend against other possibilities.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
If a TE takes the snap, the defense knows exactly what's going to happen. If a QB is there they at least have to defend against other possibilities.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Who the heck cares if they know... If you have less than a yard to go, a 6'5", 240 lb human being driving behind three 300+ humans should be able to pick up the first down.

Or, you can continue to endanger your already hurt franchise QBs health...

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Who the heck cares if they know... If you have less than a yard to go, a 6'5", 240 lb human being driving behind three 300+ humans should be able to pick up the first down.

Or, you can continue to endanger your already hurt franchise QBs health...

The amount of times Kelce has taken a snap under center is probably zero. Also the injury to Mahomes was a different leg. If you are so worried that he gets hurt you don’t play him at all but then again you can say that about every QB in the league.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
The amount of times Kelce has taken a snap under center is probably zero. Also the injury to Mahomes was a different leg. If you are so worried that he gets hurt you don’t play him at all but then again you can say that about every QB in the league.

A. Travis Kelce was a HS QB *as was Blake Bell, the other TE*
B. Even if he wasn't, you are not teaching him brain surgery, it is a center-QB exchange...
C. Nobody is saying that you need to bubble wrap these guys, but when you go into a game with a pre-existing injury that is affecting your performance, maybe you do not subject that QB to that risk...

But hey, what do I know... I am sure Matt Moore will lead them to the superbowl.

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
B. Even if he wasn't, you are not teaching him brain surgery, it is a center-QB exchange...
C. Nobody is saying that you need to bubble wrap these guys, but when you go into a game with a pre-existing injury that is affecting your performance, maybe you do not subject that QB to that risk...

But hey, what do I know... I am sure Matt Moore will lead them to the superbowl.
Bottom line 1 injury had nothing to do with the other injury. Nuff said, case closed, freakish injury

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score

I’d center QB exchange was so easy more colleges would do it. It’s not easy and can lead to fumbles. That would be like saying if Tom Brady got hurt on a sneak that they should have had Edelman do it bc he was a college QB and you don’t want Brady injured even though he has done it for over 10 years now.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
I’d center QB exchange was so easy more colleges would do it. It’s not easy and can lead to fumbles. That would be like saying if Tom Brady got hurt on a sneak that they should have had Edelman do it bc he was a college QB and you don’t want Brady injured even though he has done it for over 10 years now.

College teams do not use the center exchange for a multitude of reasons...pre-snap reads, disguising patterns (vice the D reading a 3, 5, 7 step drop), RPOs, zone reads, etc... Taking the snap isn't one of them... that is why in victory formation the center snaps the ball to the QB and doesn't shotgun it...

Edelmen is 5'10", 198 and Tom Brady is 6'4" 225, apples and oranges. ... your average TE is 6'4"-6'6" and 240-260... who do you want powering behind the line to gain a half a yard?

But hey, this was solely my opinion. PM doesn't get hurt in a pile up if he is not in it... The Chiefs now have to make do with Matt Moore.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Getting hurt on a QB sneak is a freak injury, it just doesn’t happen til now.

He could’ve gotten hurt jumping up & celebrating a TD (FG), answering the phone etc. all of which has happened to the Cards in years past. A total freak injury

LMAO.When I read that the image that comes to mind is Bill Gramatica calling Thomas Jones to tell him about making the FG.:clapping:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

The MRI has confirmed the #Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a dislocated kneecap, but not significant additional damage, sources tell me and
@JamesPalmerTV
. He’ll seek additional opinions to be sure. The plan is for him to return this season after a brief absence.

Google says 6 weeks. I'm assuming that's because of swelling. having had surgery twice for patellar tendons the kneecap(patella) is actually attached to the patellar tendon, which is a ligament not a tendon. So if the patella tendon is NOT torn, then he's lucky and should be able to come back this year. They're saying no significant additional damage so that probably means just swelling no tear.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose