OT: Titans "Pacman" Jones charged with disorderly conduct, intoxication

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
[FONT=Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]http://famulus.msnbc.com/famulusspt/ap08-25-050310.asp?spt=nfl&vts=82520062037[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]MURFREESBORO, Tenn., Aug. 25 —[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Georgia, Times] Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam ''Pacman'' Jones was arrested outside a bar early Friday and charged with disorderly conduct and public intoxication. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]Jones will not play Saturday against Atlanta in the Titans' third preseason game[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]. 'I am going sit him out of this game on principle and not because I believe he is guilty in this case based on what I believe the facts are at this time,'' coach Jeff Fisher said in a statement released Friday. ''Last January I let the team know that they would be held to a higher standard and this does not meet that standard.''
Officers said they saw Jones arguing loudly with a woman outside a nightclub where a rap concert had been held, according to the police report. The 22-year-old Jones was described by police as slurring his speech, having bloodshot eyes and smelling strongly of alcohol.
The arrest came the day after the Titans broke training camp.
Jones was arguing with a woman he accused of stealing his wallet inside the club and passing it to one of her friends, according to police. Officers said they ordered Jones to leave several times, but he refused and continued to shout profanities.
Jones was released from custody in lieu of $750 bond.
He refused to sign an incident report over the theft of his wallet, which authorities said contained $750.
Jones could not be reached for comment, but his attorney told WSMV-TV in Nashville that Jones became even more upset after he felt that responding officers didn't make any effort to find out who took the wallet and purse.
''It was my understanding that there was little or no investigation of the theft of the purse or the theft of the wallet,'' Roger May said. ''Their response was to get him to leave, which he did'' before officers arrested him as he drove away.
The woman Jones was arguing with, Shakkiah Curtis, said his wallet and her purse were taken by other patrons at the club, the report said.
Another club patron also has filed a police complaint, accusing Jones of assaulting her. Toya Garth of Antioch told police Curtis accused her of taking the purse and that Jones spit in her face. She said she spit back at him. Garth didn't immediately seek an arrest warrant against Jones, the sheriff's department said.
Earlier in the week, Jones had talked about buying approximately 60 tickets for family and friends to watch him play against his hometown team, the Atlanta Falcons, Saturday night.
Almost three months after the Titans made him the sixth overall pick in the 2005 draft, Jones was arrested after an incident at a nightclub. The charges were later dismissed. [/FONT]