OT: RIP Conrad Dobler

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Sports Illustrated once called him "The Meanest Man in Football" and did an article on him. Also liked the story about the time he pranked Dan Dierdorf by cutting off one of the pant legs on the pants that were hanging in his locker. When Dierdorf went to change he only had one pant leg.

He's number 66 in my avatar picture.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sports Illustrated once called him "The Meanest Man in Football" and did an article on him. Also liked the story about the time he pranked Dan Dierdorf by cutting off one of the pant legs on the pants that were hanging in his locker. When Dierdorf went to change he only had one pant leg.

He's number 66 in my avatar picture.
"Pro Football's Dirtiest Player" I believe.

R.I.P. Conrad

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A truly great Cardinal who excelled on some of the all-time best Cards teams. Damn, I’m getting old—everyone’s dying now.

OKCardFan

Registered
Reaction score
Sad. One of my all-time favorite player and one of the reason I became a Cardinal fan. Growing up in "Cowboy country", I still remember beating Dallas on Monday Night Football 38-0, with Dandy Don singing "turn out the light". I have his autographed book "Pride and Perseverance" (The NFL's Dirtiest Player Comes Clean) on my computer desk. Loved that team!

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Don't know if it is a true story, but I read a number of years ago the Conrad was having a difficult time financially because his football injuries were inhibiting his ability to oversee his business operation. Phil Mickelson found out about the problem helped put his daughter through college. Both of those men led by example, not just talk.

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Don't know if it is a true story, but I read a number of years ago the Conrad was having a difficult time financially because his football injuries were inhibiting his ability to oversee his business operation. Phil Mickelson found out about the problem helped put his daughter through college. Both of those men led by example, not just talk.
Thank you for mentioning this. I found this article from 2007. I read it and now someone's cutting onions in my house. Amazing act of kindness!