OT: Now it is Cooper Kupp's turn at Mega-deal

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny to see everyone assume they know the Bidwill's ability to front cash. No one knows and they are good at keeping finances a secret. One thing we do know, they'll need to write a big arse check at some point this summer when they extend Kyler. Probably 3 to 4 times the size they gave Larry back in the day when they took out a loan to do so. It was a $27million check then.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny to see everyone assume they know the Bidwill's ability to front cash. No one knows and they are good at keeping finances a secret. One thing we do know, they'll need to write a big arse check at some point this summer when they extend Kyler. Probably 3 to 4 times the size they gave Larry back in the day when they took out a loan to do so. It was a $27million check then.
Exactly what some of us have been saying all along.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A joke right?

I'm sure it was playful and their decisions had 0 to do with Kliff.

Also, this is Weinfuss we are talking about. Pretty much bottom of the barrel for ESPN.
Indeed.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I posted this on this thread but there are levels to ownership and Bidwill is nowhere near the level of Kroenke. Kroenke wrote a $60M bonus check just to Matthew Stafford alone already, plus whatever he is giving in bonuses to Kupp, Donald, etc. I don't think Bidwill has $60M lump sum available to give to Murray in a potential contract extension now. The dude in video even says that only guys like Kroenke & Jerry are able to do this kind of cap manipulation.
Rappaport also talked about this on McAfees show as well...and he said that expect EVERY team to start spending over the cap consistently with the new TV deal because the money is going to grow so much.

He specifically mentioned the Cardinals as a team that can't do it. Said the mom and pop type organizations don't.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
So all you Arizona people, what big time billionaires live in your state that we could start a petition to have them offer to buy the Cardinals? Time for a change in Ownership.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
So all you Arizona people, what big time billionaires live in your state that we could start a petition to have them offer to buy the Cardinals? Time for a change in Ownership.
According to everything I read, Michael is a billionaire.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Yeah, I previously checked about 6 sites before I posted. They were anywhere from 1.2 B to 3.4 B but I think what you posted is closer to the truth. The money is still there, regardless.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I previously checked about 6 sites before I posted. They were anywhere from 1.2 B to 3.4 B but I think what you posted is closer to the truth. The money is still there, regardless.

This is net worth. Not liquidity. It includes things like his properties, vehicles (including any planes he owes personally), stocks, bonds etc.

Think about how much cash you have vs your total net worth. It's normally a tiny fraction.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Net worth does not equal liquidity
Liquidity is still a choice. Most of us that own a home could easily refinance or do a home equity line of credit if we wanted to.

What do most people have to do to start a business let's say? Borrow against their only asset (their home) in order to fund it. 'Poor' owners could do exactly the same thing if they wanted to.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liquidity is still a choice. Most of us that own a home could easily refinance or do a home equity line of credit if we wanted to.

What do most people have to do to start a business let's say? Borrow against their only asset (their home) in order to fund it. 'Poor' owners could do exactly the same thing if they wanted to.
To some extent yes.

It gets more complicated if you’re not the sole controlling interest

Along with my siblings we inherited the family farm. Technically it’s an asset that I own. However the terms of the trust require that 75% of the owners agree to any sale or pledging of the asset in order to borrow against. V

So the reality is that other than a small check every year even though the balance sheet shows this large asset it does me no good as far as liquidity goes.

And then if you’re trying to borrow year after year to keep up with the real billionaires you run into issues not only the cost of capital but the willingness of lenders.

It seems a few of you are just stubborn about the concept that someone like Kroenke who has billions and billions outside of the Rams has a much easier time raising capital then a owner like the Bidwill‘s or Mike Brown of there Bengals whose wealth is tied 100% with the Cardinals.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To some extent yes.

It gets more complicated if you’re not the sole controlling interest

Along with my siblings we inherited the family farm. Technically it’s an asset that I own. However the terms of the trust require that 75% of the owners agree to any sale or pledging of the asset in order to borrow against. V

So the reality is that other than a small check every year even though the balance sheet shows this large asset it does me no good as far as liquidity goes.

And then if you’re trying to borrow year after year to keep up with the real billionaires you run into issues not only the cost of capital but the willingness of lenders.

It seems a few of you are just stubborn about the concept that someone like Kroenke who has billions and billions outside of the Rams has a much easier time raising capital then a owner like the Bidwill‘s or Mike Brown of there Bengals whose wealth is tied 100% with the Cardinals.
I'm sure most of us realize that, and even have pointed it out multiple times, but it gets overlooked.

This is all about risk management. Wealthy owners, just like wealthy people, take typically more risks. The higher the risk, higher reward. The risk that owners take is spending cash to invest in players now which helps keep the cap number low in future years. They also have to make sure they sign the right people. If they have to trade one of these guys that they re-signed, (Stafford, Donald, Kupp) dead money goes through the roof.

Also, with the cap gradually getting higher, the earlier you invest (sign and re-sign players) the cheaper your overall investment is. It is no different than taking care of Kyler/Lamar at the beginning of the NFL year, instead of the typical August/Sept window. The longer you wait, the more expensive it is.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose