OT: MNF

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
[QUOTE="football karma, post: the QB defines the choice.

Two great pass rushers and a mediocre QB gets you the Denver Broncos[/QUOTE]

Did you see the Niners tonight? They have two great pass rushers and a mediocre QB

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What makes this so sad is that I can't get upset about him not including Andy Isabella.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I’ll take the combo of Kyler Murray and Byron Murphy over Rosen and Bosa.

Yeah Bosa looked good but no one ever doubted his talent it’s will he still be playing in week 10 that’s the question

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Great QB's are the most important position on the team so if Kyler becomes a great QB I agree. Bosa will be a very good to great pass rusher IMO but in the end you hire a coach you let him get the guys he wants. I would have kept Josh and picked Bosa but I have no problem at all with letting Kliff choose his QBOF. I just wish we'd handled the trade part better so we got more back for Josh.

But that's water under the bridge now.
In a perfect world we trade Rosen for the Dolphins 1st round pick.

Kyler/Burns vs. Rosen/Bosa

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’ll take the combo of Kyler Murray and Byron Murphy over Rosen and Bosa.

Yeah Bosa looked good but no one ever doubted his talent it’s will he still be playing in week 10 that’s the question
This issue is the value of Rosen.

Could make the case keeping Rosen as a backup and hoping to trade him for a QB needy team would net more than what Andy Isabella currently is.

Murphy was a top 5 player on their board. They would always take him there. Now if we took D.K Metcalf with the late 2nd round pick as well...

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
[QUOTE="football karma, post: the QB defines the choice.

Two great pass rushers and a mediocre QB gets you the Denver Broncos

Did you see the Niners tonight? They have two great pass rushers and a mediocre QB[/QUOTE]

They’ve also been drafting front 7 defensive players in the top 10 for like the last 5 years. This didn’t happen over night

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This issue is the value of Rosen.

Could make the case keeping Rosen as a backup and hoping to trade him for a QB needy team would net more than what Andy Isabella currently is.

Murphy was a top 5 player on their board. They would always take him there. Now if we took D.K Metcalf with the late 2nd round pick as well...

Everybody wants to play the would of could of game with D.K but I get why we didn’t. There’s a reason a guy with such incredible talent went that late. He was a work out warrior and didn’t really produce at Ole Miss and coming off Nkemdiche from the same school I get it.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Everybody wants to play the would of could of game with D.K but I get why we didn’t. There’s a reason a guy with such incredible talent went that late. He was a work out warrior and didn’t really produce at Ole Miss and coming off Nkemdiche from the same school I get it.
Fair point.

The issue then becomes a couple of other wrs who are playing well.

Diontae Johnson 18 catches 198 yards 2 tds
Terry McLaurin 19 catches 307 yards 3 tds

Meanwhile

I'm not giving up on Andy. Its just we gotta do a lot of hoping now. If we didn't want a workout warrior in D.K...fine. Then don't draft a project in the 2nd round either.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Fair point.

The issue then becomes a couple of other wrs who are playing well.

Diontae Johnson 18 catches 198 yards 2 tds
Terry McLaurin 19 catches 307 yards 3 tds

Meanwhile

I'm not giving up on Andy. Its just we gotta do a lot of hoping now. If we didn't want a workout warrior in D.K...fine. Then don't draft a project in the 2nd round either.

There’s also a couple WR’s that were drafted before Isabella who’ve been outproduced by KeeSean. I agree we need to Izzy some time but FFS I need to see him ON the field.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Im fine with Murray, but simple logic says since you already spent capital on Rosen it made sense to give him a real chance. Bosa was clearly the best player out there so he should have been the pick.

Also if your coach was so bad after one year wouldn’t it be apparent that your rookie qb wasn’t getting good coaching?

what I’m trying to say is if Wilks was so bad, doesn’t that mean that Rosen should be given a chance with a better coach? Or if the coach AND the qb were so bad, how does the guy that picked them both still have his job?

Dingding

Veteran
Reaction score
I think Rosen will beat to a pulp over the next two years. This year or next Miami will draft their new star QB and Rosen will end up a journeyman backup. Dude was a reach trade up because lien failed to trade up for machines the previous year.

kiem He’s always trying to make up for the previous year’s mistakes. Again and again

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You see all the the other defensive players on that team. Cards need more than just 2 good rushers

I know but it was funny considering the team you referenced. What we really need is a beast in the middle than can cause havoc. Those guys are even more rare....

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Im fine with Murray, but simple logic says since you already spent capital on Rosen it made sense to give him a real chance. Bosa was clearly the best player out there so he should have been the pick.

Also if your coach was so bad after one year wouldn’t it be apparent that your rookie qb wasn’t getting good coaching?

what I’m trying to say is if Wilks was so bad, doesn’t that mean that Rosen should be given a chance with a better coach? Or if the coach AND the qb were so bad, how does the guy that picked them both still have his job?

It was said MB pushed for Wilks.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
It was said MB pushed for Wilks.

Against common belief on the board, I blame MB for the mess that the Cardinals have on their hands. But he is the one who writes the checks, so I understand why Keim was not fired after last year’s fiasco. MB is loyal to a fault for allowing Keim to mismanage the organization so badly.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Jimmy G has worse weapons. His only
real weapon is kittle. His best WR is a track star who was cut by the bills.
It's all about the circumstances. Shanny has had 3 seasons to install his highly efficient zone blocking scheme and build the roster with players that fit the scheme. They have among the best play action passing game in the NFL, if not the best, thanks to their great running scheme.

A legit comparison between both offenses can only be done next season, if not in two. Jimmy G is a decent QB but he doesn't strike me as a high ceiling guy that can elevate the whole offense. More of a solid system QB imo. KM has a much higher ceiling.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Baker Mayfield isn’t close to meeting the preseason hype. Dude is playing at a pedestrian average this season

Partially true, but with that OL, it’s almost impossible to be anything more than average. Cannot win in the NFL without at least an average OL.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wait. Murray is going to win us a lot of games. We are 1 legit WR from being really good offensively. When we get both CBs back we will be decent on defense. Get another pass rusher and a very good linebacker. and we will be pushing for the playoffs. Murray has completed !! completed more passes in his first 5 games than anyone in the history of football. He has like 5 NFL records now for the first 5 games. If we had a better redzone offense or if we had scored a few more touchdowns in the redzone we could easily be 3-2 right now. And that is without Patrick Peterson. Josh Rosen is awful. He is Matt Lienart at best. Remember he threw for 420 yards against the vikings in 1 game.....and he was out of the league in 3 years. KK is adjusting to the NFL because I believe his system works but has to be tuned a little because of the NFL speed.
There are 2 WRs we could trade for right now but would have to give up a first probably. Diggs and I think Green from Cincy too. I wouldnt trade a first but a 2nd i would. Those 2 would give us 7 more points a game on avg and with PP coming back we could push for a wilcard

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose