OT: Met Aeneas Williams @ 2011 NFL Draft @ Radio City

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
No surprise here, but class act all the way and super nice guy. He personalized the autograph card, and also added "Romans 10:9" (which is: 'If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.').

I was pleasantly surprised that there were well over a hundred people in line, and Aeneas was even gracious enough to sign for the dudes in Cowboys jerseys. In our brief exchange, I told him what an honor it was to meet him, what a thrill it was to watch them win at Dallas in the '98 playoffs, and that I hope he gets into the HOF someday.

Attachments

• AeneasNFLDraft2011.jpg
    AeneasNFLDraft2011.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 269

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good stuff!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Very cool... He's quite an amazing man. Heard him preach last year at Andre Wadsworth's church. Aeneas is gifted in many ways...

:thumbup:

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
One of my favorite all-time Cards.
claphat.gif

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
That's awesome. He's such a class act. I remember him signing my Cards hat back at the NAU dome in 1999. Glad he's one of the all time great Cards.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Redskins at Cards 2000. Day of the infamous Bus Ride from the Vine. Got into the stadium just in time to see AWilliams take it 103 yards for a TD. As usual providing a bright spot in an otherwise dismal season. Glad he finally got a playoff win with Arizona and a trip to the SB. Even if it was with St.Louis.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I remember that Redskins game, wasn't that the only TD the Cards scored that day?

The guy was a gamer 6 INTs & 2 TDs in 5 playoff games.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I remember that Redskins game, wasn't that the only TD the Cards scored that day?

The guy was a gamer 6 INTs & 2 TDs in 5 playoff games.

Yes it was. Cards won 16-15 for one of only 3 victories that season.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Yes it was. Cards won 16-15 for one of only 3 victories that season.

and that win probably keep the Redbirds in AZ by getting the stadium to pass...I sure was thinking I would have season Tix in San Antonio at the time.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
and that win probably keep the Redbirds in AZ by getting the stadium to pass...I sure was thinking I would have season Tix in San Antonio at the time.

LOL

I used to sit in the Loge at SDS in the same section as a good friend of Nicole Bidwill's. Everytime she came by I'd start lobbying for San Antonio. It got to the point where she'd see me and just laugh and shake her head and ask me how I liked the Loge buffet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn