OT: How would you rank these young QB's?

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I saw this on another board and was surprised by the general consensus. Thought I'd present it here and see if opinions differed. I'll post what the other board thought and my list later so as not to taint the question. Not sure why these particular 6 were chosen. If one is so inclined, I guess write-in's could be added. There are quite a few QB's who have established themselves that are under 30.

How would you rank these under 30 QBs?

Deshaun Watson
Jared Goff
Andrew Luck
Patrick Mahomes
Carson Wentz
Russel Wilson

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The Colts almost ruined Andrew Luck’s career. A cautionary tale in protecting your investment

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Not sure what the criteria is but, a QB to me is a guy who would be a "BA type QB".

Goff
Mahomes
Wentz
Watson
Wilson
Luck

Mahomes is good today, but I need to see more. One year does not make one great, but IMO opinion it too early to say for the guys not named Luck or Wilson.

Reaction score
Wilson
Mahomes
Wentz
Goff
Luck
Watson

I think Wentz, Goff, & Luck are sort of interchangeable depending on what you want in a QB.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So much of their success has to do with the coach that is mentoring them.

Wentz
Mahomes
Wilson
Luck
Goff
Watson

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mahomes has shot out of the barrel very hot, but he's only played 10 games and is on a loaded team. Put them all on equal footing and you'll see who's the best of the bunch.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, how many years has Goff been great? One year or one and a half years? How many have Wentz and Watson? :shrug:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mahomes - by a mile - Probably going to be MVP in essentially his rookie year. Makes me sick cards didn't trade up and grab him like I wanted them too.

Goff - Was not sold on him till this year, but this dude is a stud unfortunately for the Cards.
Wentz - I think this guy is great, kind of like a Rothlesberger type
Watson - Very inconsistent. Reminds me a lot of Cam Newton
Wilson - I actually think we have seen what he is, and it's very good but not great
Luck - Too many health concerns

I think you should put Trubisky on this list also, I would now rank him above Luck.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I take Mahomes over any of those guys...IF...it comes with the KC offense and Andy Reid. Mahomes is a perfect example of a young QB drafted by the right coach/team.

Any of those guys here in AZ and they are on the "already bust" list IMO