OT: Father of Patrick Mahomes, Patrick Mahomes Sr., faces third DUI charge

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone get this man a driver. Sheesh. Eight days before your son is playing in the Super Bowl you're going to drink and drive?

Father of Patrick Mahomes, Patrick Mahomes Sr., faces third DUI charge

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Someone get this man a driver. Sheesh. Eight days before your son is playing in the Super Bowl you're going to drink and drive?

Father of Patrick Mahomes, Patrick Mahomes Sr., faces third DUI charge​

His third if found guilty. Hope he gets to see the inside of a prison cell, but he probably won't.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His third if found guilty. Hope he gets to see the inside of a prison cell, but he probably won't.
He already spent 40 days in prison for his 2nd DUI (served on weekends) and the sentence for a 3rd DUI is 2-10 years.

How stupid does a person have to be to get behind the wheel after drinking, knowing he's facing a minimum of 2 years in prison if caught and convicted again?!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He already spent 40 days in prison for his 2nd DUI (served on weekends) and the sentence for a 3rd DUI is 2-10 years.

How stupid does a person have to be to get behind the wheel after drinking, knowing he's facing a minimum of 2 years in prison if caught and convicted again?!
At some point you should no longer be allowed to drive. Our DUI laws are far too lenient, IMHO.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pathetic ruling. Actions have consequences, unless you are a former pro athlete and your son is a current pro athlete. Now the father will continue to feel he can do whatever the hell he wants and life won't change. Well done, judge. SMH.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If his family truly wants what's best for him, they need to step in now and get him the help he needs while removing every option he has to drive himself. I'm pretty sure they have the necessary resources to do so.

This man and those that get to this point are a danger to the lives of themselves and others.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don’t get 3 DUI’s without being an alcoholic. He needs to step up and get help and should not be driving again for a long time. Take responsibility for your addiction and stop putting everyone’s lives in danger
He should have enough money to drink at home. I almost never drink while I am out and wait until I get home.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He should have enough money to drink at home. I almost never drink while I am out and wait until I get home.
That's the rub here. He also can afford a personal driver. Heck, if that was my dad, I would hired him one after his first DUI.

Now it's time for an intervention.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many DUIs must you achieve to loose a license for life?
Depends on the state. Oregon has some of the strictest laws in the country.

What is the punishment for DUI in Oregon?
A first-time DUI conviction in Oregon will result in a minimum of 48 hours of jail time or 80 hours of community service. There will also be a minimum $1000 fine and a 1-year license suspension. This fine may be as high as $2000 to $6250 if your blood alcohol level (BAC) is . 15% or higher. Typically, a second DUI conviction in Oregon will result in a three-year driver's license suspension (depending on when the prior occurred). The law in Oregon is that 3 DUI convictions in a person's lifetime is an automatic lifetime revocation of driving privileges.

If all 3 occur in 10 years or less, then it's also 5 years in jail.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pat Mahomes, Sr.'s net worth is estimated to be a million dollars or more. He's a former pro athlete with salary, endorsements, etc. over the years. No excuse for drinking and driving. He can afford a driving service or even a full-time driver if he wants to get loaded all the time. Sounds like he really needs to get help with his drinking problem.