OT: Deshaun Watson officially wants out of Houston

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The real question is where is Watson willing to go. That will be the biggest determining factor.

The best situations
Indy
SF
Rams
Balt
Dallas

The best offers
Jets
Jags
Dolphins
Balt (not that they are interested, but Lamar is a player Hou would be interested in)
AZ (same as above)
Chargers (same)

And here is really the other question. If Houston doesn't love Zach Wilson, Tua, Darnold or fields, I expect they would contact teams who have a QB they could sell to their fan base. Herbert, Lamar, Kyler, and Burrow are probably the beginning if the Texans are looking a options. Young and cheap and exciting. Dak is a possibility though the injury hurts.

As Watson has the power to decide you have to think it's one of the top bunch than the bottom bunch.

Rams are out for me as I don't think they have the cap or the picks to do the deal. I considered Dallas, but then they were too cheap to pay Dak so I don't see them taking on that contract.

The Ravens are all in on Lamar, don't see that changing. Colts would be the perfect spot for Watson if they can get around the division rivalry. I like the Niners for him too but their scheme would be a waste of Watsons talent I feel.

Could the Giants be in? They don't seem sold on Danny Jones.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Lol, be serious man.

Us, Chargers, or Ravens aren’t trading any of our QBs. Houston isn’t trading him to a divisional rival either.

My money is either on Miami or New York.
I agree on LA. I am not certain on Baltimore or Arizona. Both QBs have question marks still, are one or 2 years away from a huge payday, and are not currently as good as Watson. Any team whose QB is not better than Watson right now has to be considering. Hell, if I was Jacksonville, I probably would think about it. My point is that Houston is going to look at what is out there and I don't know that they are willing to move on from Watson for just draft picks. Also, Goff and Jimmy G do not move the needle. Hell, I don't know that Darnold, Fields, Tua or Zach Wilson do either.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

·
3m

The #Texans’ options with Deshaun Watson:
1. Trade him, carry a $21.6 million dead cap hit in 2021 and find a new QB.
2. Do nothing for now, then start fining him and pursue bonus money if he doesn’t show up. No reason to rush, other than bad press. The offers will come.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
People will disagree but if we could have traded the #1 pick two years ago for Watson, I think we all would have. While Kyler has done well, he has not shown me anything to make me believe he will be a better QB than Watson. The Cardinals are not smart enough to see this as the amazing opportunity it is.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree on LA. I am not certain on Baltimore or Arizona. Both QBs have question marks still, are one or 2 years away from a huge payday, and are not currently as good as Watson. Any team whose QB is not better than Watson right now has to be considering. Hell, if I was Jacksonville, I probably would think about it. My point is that Houston is going to look at what is out there and I don't know that they are willing to move on from Watson for just draft picks. Also, Goff and Jimmy G do not move the needle. Hell, I don't know that Darnold, Fields, Tua or Zach Wilson do either.
Both have question marks, but both are still very young. Hell, Lamar literally just won an MVP a year ago. There are a lot more teams with way more question marks about their QBs & more to offer than us. I’m surprised you’re even entertaining it honestly.

Houston is not trading him in the division, so that’s why I won’t take the JAX & IND mentions seriously.

Dolphins & Jets got the most capital so I think they’re easily in the lead. Carolina doesn’t have the capital they have, but they have the advantage of being in the other conference. Rams don’t have the capital. 49ers I could see, but reports have surfaced he’s fully focused on the Jets & Fins’. At least with Carolina, he’ll be close to home & they got a solid amount of weapons.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Carolina a darkhorse.
But he has a no trade clause
I think he demand to play for a team ready to fight for the playoff and more
San Francisco
Miami
Indianapolis

Is a guy from Georgia and maybe Atlanta and Carolina can be an option as well

Don't see new York as a destination

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But he has a no trade clause
I think he demand to play for a team ready to fight for the playoff and more
San Francisco
Miami
Indianapolis

Is a guy from Georgia and maybe Atlanta and Carolina can be an option as well

Don't see new York as a destination
Outside of Miami, Jets have way more capital than any of these teams.

From reports, it says he prefers the Jets. Don’t know how true that is, but that’s what has been surfacing.

Remember, it’s what Deshaun wants to do, not what fans think he should do.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Outside of Miami, Jets have way more capital than any of these teams.

From reports, it says he prefers the Jets. Don’t know how true that is, but that’s what has been surfacing.

Remember, it’s what Deshaun wants to do, not what fans think he should do.

I know, but if prefers the Jets is pretty weird, moving from a bad to a worse one, has no sense
I remember jj watt saying to Watson sorry for wasting your best years of football then he goes to the jets

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know, but if prefers the Jets is pretty weird, moving from a bad to a worse one, has no sense
I remember jj watt saying to Watson sorry for wasting your best years of football then he goes to the jets
Could be for off the field motives.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

He wanted Saleh as HC.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Both have question marks, but both are still very young. Hell, Lamar literally just won an MVP a year ago. There are a lot more teams with way more question marks about their QBs & more to offer than us. I’m surprised you’re even entertaining it honestly.

Houston is not trading him in the division, so that’s why I won’t take the JAX & IND mentions seriously.

Dolphins & Jets got the most capital so I think they’re easily in the lead. Carolina doesn’t have the capital they have, but they have the advantage of being in the other conference. Rams don’t have the capital. 49ers I could see, but reports have surfaced he’s fully focused on the Jets & Fins’. At least with Carolina, he’ll be close to home & they got a solid amount of weapons.
No draft pick or draft picks outside of Lawrence will be more valuable than Kyler Murray. My opinion of course but Houston can sell bringing a young and exciting native Texan as exchange for a disgruntled Watson. Darnold and picks or Tua and picks is not anywhere close to being as valuable.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
People will disagree but if we could have traded the #1 pick two years ago for Watson, I think we all would have. While Kyler has done well, he has not shown me anything to make me believe he will be a better QB than Watson. The Cardinals are not smart enough to see this as the amazing opportunity it is.
Yeah, I dont think Keim does it, but if I were him, I'd call and offer Kyler and a couple of day 2 picks and see where that goes. If they dont take it, so be it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yeah, I dont think Keim does it, but if I were him, I'd call and offer Kyler and a couple of day 2 picks and see where that goes. If they dont take it, so be it.
Kyler and maybe Kirk get it done. No day 2 picks needed. Kyler moves the needle, saves them money, and it gets them a cheap WR so they can cut Cooks and save 12 mil.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No draft pick or draft picks outside of Lawrence will be more valuable than Kyler Murray. My opinion of course but Houston can sell bringing a young and exciting native Texan as exchange for a disgruntled Watson. Darnold and picks or Tua and picks is not anywhere close to being as valuable.
I respect it, but I just won’t entertaining that clearly has 0% chance of happening. Dolphins, Jets, 49ers, Panthers, Saints, etc, I’ll entertain those.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Kyler and maybe Kirk get it done. No day 2 picks needed. Kyler moves the needle, saves them money, and it gets them a cheap WR so they can cut Cooks and save 12 mil.
FWIW, Gambo interviewed one of the Houston journalists. Gambo threw out there a hypothetical trade of Kyler, a 2nd and a 3rd, and she’d said that Houston might want a 1st instead. Not sure Kirk would seal the deal, TBH. Maybe Kyler, Kirk and a 2nd gets it done.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If I were the Panthers or the Saints I would do three firsts in a heartbeat.

Saints:
Marshon Lattimore & Two 1sts.
Or
Three Firsts

Panthers:
Three Firsts period.

Texans:
He's out of the AFC? 3 firsts? DEAL

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If I were the Panthers or the Saints I would do three firsts in a heartbeat.

Saints:
Marshon Lattimore & Two 1sts.
Or
Three Firsts

Panthers:
Three Firsts period.

Texans:
He's out of the AFC? 3 firsts? DEAL
None of those get you close to the quality of QB you are giving up.

I will be shocked if the Texans trade him for any deal that does not come with a QB.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

thats how ridiculous this is