OT: Chase Young to the Niners

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The other thing is the 49ers announced that Shanahan wants his DC to get out of the booth and do his job on the field. That DC, Steve Wilks, says he's confident the on field coaches are doing a fine job and says he prefers the view he gets of the whole field by being up in the booth.

Shanahan says his prior 2 DC's saw just fine while down on the field.

Hey Steve, I think he's trying to tell you something.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol @ these posts.

You guys didn’t hate Steve Keim. You guys think too much like him to actually hate him.
I liked things about him and some winning runs made me blind. Looking back, I was fooled and fully admit it. When he hit, he hit it out of the park. As time went on, he was missing 90% of the time and here we are.

Tacticool Nerd

Veteran
Reaction score
Monti should have been all over this like stink on poo

Get a deal agreed upon before the trade and instantly the Dline improves

Keeping his powder dry in case KM stays a pumpkin it looks like
When you're not even close to the playoff race it doesn't make sense to trade players.

While I do understand Young is a great talent. It's just something to consider when we have so many holes to fill.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's insane to trade a 3rd for a nine game rental.

FA after this season. 9 game rental for a 3rd rounder.
Makes sense for a Superbowl contender like 49ers.
Would Never ever make this move as the Cardinals GM

It's likely to be a late 3rd. If they don't re-sign him, they could get a 3rd round compensatory pick. Pretty low risk. Not to mention, they have the rest of the season to negotiate a new contract if they so choose, plus the option to franchise him.

EDIT: Oh yeah... what he said:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's likely to be a late 3rd. If they don't re-sign him, they could get a 3rd round compensatory pick. Pretty low risk. Not to mention, they have the rest of the season to negotiate a new contract if they so choose, plus the option to franchise him.

EDIT: Oh yeah... what he said:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I get that. But it's not a good move for the Cardinals like @Chopper0080 was saying.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Show me you can stay healthy AND play well, and then we can talk about next year. I do like the guy, but he hasn't been a lot to be desired since his rookie year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Show me you can stay healthy AND play well, and then we can talk about next year. I do like the guy, but he hasn't been a lot to be desired since his rookie year.
He's having a real good year this season.

Scouts believed he was more talented than Nick Bosa coming out just for reference.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was today years old when I found out Young didn't just tear his ACL he tore his patellar tendon. As someone who had that surgery, twice, once partial once full, I'd be VERY hesitant to invest a ton of money in a guy who has had that injury.

Very rare that pro athletes come back from that.

Not the same sport but Andre Roberson tore his at a young age and has never made it all the way back. That Young came back that quickly is impressive but you gotta wonder about long term.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison