OT: Cam Newton signs 1 year deal

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think he is in the David Johnson category, MAYBE he can still bring it. But it is a maybe. As a back up no big deal. If they need him to start, I worry.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
One of Cam Newton's ex-Panthers teammates says Patriots QB 'still has it'
"Man, I was happy for Cam," Panthers linebacker Shaq Thompson recently told NFL Network's Colleen Wolfe. "I hated that it took so long for him to get signed. He's an MVP quarterback. Cam still has it. I'm happy for him. I'm glad the Patriots invested in him, and I can't wait to see Cam Newton come out there and play."
https://sports.yahoo.com/one-cam-newtons-ex-panthers-143928867.html

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You know a certain demographic of people never & will never like Cam because of having personality. They need the players to be mute & boring.

Im part of the demographic that cant stand Richard Sherman! He is a loud mouth clown, and is so desperate for attention he sticks his nose where it doesn't belong.

I thought the unspoken rule was don't talk about other peoples contracts?

Cam Newton was hurt pretty much all year, to the point where people were questioning if he could even throw a ball. For all idiot Sherman knows Cam may be a shell of his former self, and the Pats might be thinking he is not a 16 game QB. When you are complaining about someone else getting 7.5 million bucks, you have issues.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good for him. I personally think he’s a ******* cry baby bitch, but I’m happy for him.

For Bill mostly.

One thing you can never do is question cams toughness.

People confuse eccentric behavior for something else.

Cam is one of the toughest human beings I have seen period.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watch cam redeem himself under billichik...

He still is young enough football terms to have a few good seasons

He was fun as hell to watch in his prime with the Panthers

Who are the pats wrs now? Aren't they kimd of hurting ph that is where that star asu wr went right?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Watch cam redeem himself under billichik...

He still is young enough football terms to have a few good seasons

He was fun as hell to watch in his prime with the Panthers

Who are the pats wrs now? Aren't they kimd of hurting ph that is where that star asu wr went right?
N'Keal Harry :sparky:

Julian Edelman, and James White. That's about it, but Cam has worked with less IMO.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
One thing you can never do is question cams toughness.

People confuse eccentric behavior for something else.

Cam is one of the toughest human beings I have seen period.

Read the whole thread buddy. Not questioning his (at least physical) toughness.

you can be a freaking bitch and tough at the same time:shrug:

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
FTR, I think Cam is a great football player- his records and mvp award speak for him.

but his attitude and overall punk ass/bitch boy persona have held him back more than the league. In one of his last Instagram posts, he his flinging sweat at the camera (to essentially everyone in the world- it comes across as punk ass to me, but what do I know???)

I’m actually excited he is going to a team with a real coach where he’s not gonna be the center of attention. I wish Superman the best!

but it ain’t the man keeping him down. Wtf yo?:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Awesome signing for the Pats. Never understood the Cam hate. He’s been nothing but great in the nfl.

Sure, he was a cheater in college,and I didn’t like him, but so are a high % of nfl players.

He’s been a great pro and to get him for that contract is a steal.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Awesome signing for the Pats. Never understood the Cam hate. He’s been nothing but great in the nfl.

Sure, he was a cheater in college,and I didn’t like him, but so are a high % of nfl players.

He’s been a great pro and to get him for that contract is a steal.
I’ve always viewed him as a me-first player with football being somewhat of a side job. It’s really the antithesis of what the pats are about so it should be a very interesting marriage especially in terms of how much leeway they give him.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I’ve always viewed him as a me-first player with football being somewhat of a side job. It’s really the antithesis of what the pats are about so it should be a very interesting marriage especially in terms of how much leeway they give him.
I guessing a very high % of players are me first players.
But you’re right, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson