OT- Bill Buckner passes away

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So long to a legend.
Sorry for what happened to him back then. One play shouldn't define a superstar 20 year career.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So long to a legend.
Sorry for what happened to him back then. One play shouldn't define a superstar 20 year career.

Agreed. And the blame should fall on the coach that put him out there if it should fall on anyone. By that stage of his career he could fall down much quicker than he could bend down.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
At the end of the day, he had a LONG career playing the sport he loved. RIP.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. And the blame should fall on the coach that put him out there if it should fall on anyone. By that stage of his career he could fall down much quicker than he could bend down.

It was his glove. He was in position to make the play. There is a great breakdown of the play I watched one time and the conclusion was his glove was so broken in that it was the cause.

A couple years ago he was down here during sorting training and was hanging out at a restaurant/bar my wife and I have been frequent visitors. We we're never there while he was but everyone saved about what a good dude he was.

RIP

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was his glove. He was in position to make the play. There is a great breakdown of the play I watched one time and the conclusion was his glove was so broken in that it was the cause.

A couple years ago he was down here during sorting training and was hanging out at a restaurant/bar my wife and I have been frequent visitors. We we're never there while he was but everyone saved about what a good dude he was.

RIP

I didn't realize it, just thought he didn't get down far enough (or quick enough).

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It wasn't his fault they lost the game. They had 2 outs and were up by 1 or 2. The pitching stunk and they couldn't get that last out. Like 3 base hits and they scored 1 or 2 runs to tie it up. Yeah he missed the ground ball but they never should have got to that position in the first place.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
His (Bill's) brother threw out the first pitch to Bill's grandson at the start of my son's tournament last night. Buckner to Buckner.

Pretty cool moment.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His (Bill's) brother threw out the first pitch to Bill's grandson at the start of my son's tournament last night. Buckner to Buckner.

Pretty cool moment.

That is cool

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So long to a legend.

He had a great 22-year career. Definitely overshadowed by one play which was blown way out of proportion.