OT: Bears want $2.3 billion in public financing for new stadium project

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So they want to use tax dollars for billionaires to pay millionaires to play a game and charge exorbitant prices to watch the game and make them richer.
How about profit sharing with the tax payers?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I don’t have any problem with not wanting to use public funds for stadiums. But if you vote against it and it passes you should have to pay double to get in. Maybe triple.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Im seriously considering gathering signatures to have a bill put on the ballot that will grant me 20mil to open a retro video arcade with snack shop.
Im pretty confident it will produce more full time jobs per million than a football stadium or at least be comparable.

as far as the nfl goes. They need to start charging league fees...dues per se... and finance new stadiums from that after a vote by the other owners.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Im seriously considering gathering signatures to have a bill put on the ballot that will grant me 20mil to open a retro video arcade with snack shop.
Im pretty confident it will produce more full time jobs per million than a football stadium or at least be comparable.

as far as the nfl goes. They need to start charging league fees...dues per se... and finance new stadiums from that after a vote by the other owners.
There’s a fake league fund for stadium construction that the league points to during negotiations.

I hope Chicago/IL tells the McCaskey family where they can shove it on that deal. The El Paso Dome has to be 25 years old now… time to hold the taxpayers hostage for major renovations.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
The idea of public funds going to finance ANY private organization is ridiculous. The only exceptions I could see would be the USG fronting the costs of building a manufacturing plant for a defense contractor because we need mass production of weapon/ship/aircraft x/y/z IMMEDIATELY to defend ourselves from a clear/direct/and immediate national security threat. However, I think whatever $$$ "we" front for the production and infrastructure should be paid back with interest, with the first payment due in 45 days...

When it comes to ENTERTAINMENT, it needs to be a business deal like any other deal would happen: not just interest on the principal amount LOANED, but ROI in the form of ownership.

It f'n disgusts me the Bidwills put up 80 of the 500 million for the stadium and watched their franchise go from a value of 400m- 2b overnight. Where does a 20% investment yield you a 500% return overnight? Ludicrous.

Sports are not that important to me...