OT: Calais Campbell: I’m leaning toward playing again

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone who reaches this 'conclusion' neglects to factor in the absolutely massive contract he received when he left AZ.

That contract could have easily been paid. They gave a large portion of it to Jermaine Gresham for pete's sake.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I thought letting Campbell leave was one of the biggest blunders ever during the Keim era. Campbell would have been worth every penny paid to him. People talked about the intangibles JJ Watt brought to the table and why he was worth the money paid to him. Campbell would have brought just as many of those intangibles.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Except he adds value. Campbell had more sacks than Dante Stills and BJ Ojulari combined this season. He played nearly 2/3 of Atlanta's defensive snaps AND 30% of their special teams start.
I don't disagree...just he'll be another year older, so limiting snaps will be paramount, IMO, so he's effective all season.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which he earned and then some.

Meanwhile we got stuck with his “replacement” Robert Nkemdiche who didn’t exactly play for free.
And performed at a negative level...

And then the Cardinals could have used the pick on a better player.

Aww, who am I kidding.

Outside of using the 2nd pick to get Chandler Jones (great move), that draft class was awful, even by Keim Standards.

Beside Nkemdiche who could forget:

3rd Round Pick Brandon Williams
4th Round Pick Evan Boehm
5th Round Pick Marqui Christian
5th Round Pick Cole Toner
6th Round Pick Harlan Miller

All out of the league

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Everyone who reaches this 'conclusion' neglects to factor in the absolutely massive contract he received when he left AZ.
You mean the one he completely outperformed in Jacksonville? He played there 3 seasons...started every game, and averaged 65 tackles, 10.5 sacks, 15 TFL and 25 QB hits every year he was there.

He was a first team all pro, 3 time pro bowler, and finished 2nd in defensive POY voting.

All that for a 4 year/60 million dollar contract. We also all say him basically begging his agent to try and get something similar here so he could stay. We might have been able to get him for 50 million with the same guaranteed money

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I believe the money was instead spent of the C Jones extension which proved to be money well spent

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Aww, who am I kidding.

Outside of using the 2nd pick to get Chandler Jones (great move), that draft class was awful, even by Keim Standards.

All out of the league
We didn't get awful overnight. It took years of bad drafting by Keim.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I thought letting Campbell leave was one of the biggest blunders ever during the Keim era. Campbell would have been worth every penny paid to him. People talked about the intangibles JJ Watt brought to the table and why he was worth the money paid to him. Campbell would have brought just as many of those intangibles.
Just another brick in the Everest sized wall that proves what a joke this organization is from the top down.

A lot of us were calling poo on that Gresham contract from the beginning. CC then went on to win the DPOY award. #BirdCity

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score

Aww, who am I kidding.

All out of the league
I hate these what ifs, because they are always so horribly painful. What if we had paid Calais, and then used our first rounder that year on one of the following 4 players...all taken within 20 picks of Nkemdiche...so these are guys that were in that range. We didn't need a crystal ball.
Chris Jones, Xavien Howard, Derrick Henry, or Michael Thomas

If we had picked Henry, we could have prolonged Carson another year at least...and BA might still be coaching here.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate these what ifs, because they are always so horribly painful. What if we had paid Calais, and then used our first rounder that year on one of the following 4 players...all taken within 20 picks of Nkemdiche...so these are guys that were in that range. We didn't need a crystal ball.

If we had picked Henry, we could have prolonged Carson another year at least...and BA might still be coaching here.
It is painful yes

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Henry just had 153 yards this past weekend. SMH.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard