OT- Around the NFL 2019-20

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It must be nice to retain your good players instead of letting them walk...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

The Next Chapter: Antonio Brown and GM Mike Mayock got into it Wednesday, and the team is now planning to suspend its star wide receiver, league sources tell ESPN.

Antonio Brown posted the fine letter on social media that Raiders’ GM Mike Mayock sent him. It led to an exchange, which is now leading to further discipline. This is not going away anytime soon.

Vic Tafur @VicTafur

Antonio Brown was unhappy about being fined and had an exchange with #Raiders general manager Mike Mayock on Wednesday. He was held back by a couple of teammates, sources said, and is now facing a team suspension.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The Next Chapter: Antonio Brown and GM Mike Mayock got into it Wednesday, and the team is now planning to suspend its star wide receiver, league sources tell ESPN.

Antonio Brown posted the fine letter on social media that Raiders’ GM Mike Mayock sent him. It led to an exchange, which is now leading to further discipline. This is not going away anytime soon.

You must be registered for see images

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can combine TO & Moss’ “diva-ness” & it still wouldn’t equal AB.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
Spotrac @spotrac

It’s perfectly possible that the #Raiders may soon look to void the guarantees for Antonio Brown’s 2019 & 2020 salaries ($14.6M in 2019, $14.5M in 2020) based on various incidents of conduct detrimental to the team.

Spotrac @spotrac

The reality here is that the offseason drama is likely enough for the #Raiders to void the $29M of salary guarantee. They can also go after the $1M signing bonus based on missed practices, etc… meaning Antonio Brown could then be released with $0 dead cap.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

More on #Raiders WR Antonio Brown and Mike Mayock yesterday: It did not get physical, sources say. But after a screaming match, Brown told Mayock that he would hit him in the face and then punted the ball… and said, Fine me for that.

There are those around the league who now believe the Raiders could suspend Antonio Brown with the idea of trying to void the $30.125 million of guaranteed money in his contract.

Which obviously would end his time in Oakland.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anything to the detriment of the other team (Raiders) :D. And Brown. :D

To bad the Cowboys didn't do something similar to Zeke.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Anything to the detriment of the other team (Raiders) :D. And Brown. :D

To bad the Cowboys didn't do something similar to Zeke.
Why Zeke? Sure he held out, but it's not like he acted crazy and said a bunch of stupid stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If the Raiders don’t cut him they deserve everything they get. Even if AB comes back with a “sincere” apology could you really trust him. All I can say is thank you Larry Fitzgerald!

Even AB is not enough of a karma balance for the likes of the ego prick named John Gruden... the guy is simply a glorified Barry Switzer clone in my opinion

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So here is my question - Assuming the raiders are able to get out of the contract

Is there any team that would sign AB even for the minimum after this?

I doubt the psycho would take the minimum, but is there anyone that would even offer that?

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I know this is a joke but I've seen an article where the author links his change in behaviour to a concussion from 2016. Quite a stark contrast between the before and after.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wonder if AB realizes that he just validated the Steelers letting him go? ... probably not

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Just as I said during his helmet whining, you can’t take the jackass out of a jackass. He’s never going to change his ways just like TO never did.

I would cut his ass ASAP regardless of the cap ramifications just like the Stealers did when they traded him & ate $21 mil.

Good riddance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson