OT Andre Smith A Cardinal

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cardinals are signing tackle Andre Smith to a two-year contract worth $8 million and could be worth as much as $10.2 million, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Smith, 31, was drafted sixth overall in 2009 by the Bengals, with whom he's played all but one season with. He started eight of 13 games last season with the Bengals, playing 83 percent of his snaps at right tackle, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

You must be registered for see images attach
Josh Weinfuss, ESPN Staff Writer

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I’ve always liked his talent. If he’s in shape, he should be pretty good.

OP
OP
S

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
Here's a couple of news excerpts from Rotoworld:

Bengals placed RT Andre Smith on injured reserve, ending his season.
The Bengals re-signed Smith in the offseason and initially planned to use him at guard. Their tackle situation was so bad, however, that Smith not only had to play tackle, but he was the starter. Smith was destroyed in Pro Football Focus' pass-blocking grades but did receive plus marks in the run game. Smith turns 31 next month and will likely have to go to guard for real in 2018. Wed, Dec 20, 2017 01:49:00 PM

Free agent OT Andre Smith will visit the Bengals.
The Bengals let Smith walk following the 2015 season. He signed with the Vikings, and was sent to injured reserve after four games with a torn triceps. Smith is on the wrong side of 30, but would provide needed depth with Andrew Whitworth now a Ram. Smith's play has fallen off in recent years. He has spent his entire career at right tackle. Mon, Mar 13, 2017 05:58:00 PM

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Some Good news finally, this is a Guard heavy draft as well Humphries Lupati Shipley (Rookie Guard) Smith, is my guess

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Looks like Veldheer was let go for a reason. Good to see something that at least seems planned out.

Actually Profootballfocus has Veldheer rated at 54.3 the #50 OT
Andre Smith rated 47.9 the #62 OT

money was the reason for this cut.Andre Smith gets in 2 years what Veldheer was getting in one years.Also Veldheer is 5 month younger than Andre Smith.This is a lateral move at best.Injury issues along with money decided this move.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Andre smith is a good run blocker and terrible pass blocker
Actually im hearing they tend to keep Iupati instead of valdeher

Since Wilks press conference he said he want to have a successful running game and keeping iupati and signing Smith indicate the plan

Meanwhile Bradford should pray at every snaps

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I'm guessing he will be moving to guard. He is a road grader type. I still think we will have to draft at least one linemen in the first two rounds and two in the first four rounds.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bradford is known as getting the pass out faster than most qbs. Just the opposite of Palmer. Also HC Wilks wants to emphasize the running game.

Then why cut Peterson?

Reaction score
I'm guessing he will be moving to guard. He is a road grader type. I still think we will have to draft at least one linemen in the first two rounds and two in the first four rounds.

Watching the Bengals since I live in the area it seemed Smith did much better at RT. I agree we need to draft a few offensive linemen.