OT AFC championship Patriots at Chiefs

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I want to see the Chiefs win but I wouldn't be disappointed to see the Patriot dynasty continue to roll. We might be witnessing the greatest NFL dynasty, HC, and QB in the history of the league. Pretty special.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This has all the makings of a historic matchup. I'm pumped to watch this one. I truly like both teams, so I won't walk away disappointed. You have to give the Chiefs a slight advantage being at home. But, the Chiefs still have that choking monkey on their shoulders until they get to a SB. Honestly, the Pats are not as good a road team this year, but that is normal for most teams. Love them or hate them, can you ever shortchange Brady & Belichick in big games?? No, but I'm going with the Chiefs in a tight one.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would like to see the Chiefs because I know a lot of their season ticket holders but you can never count Brady and Belichick out. They seem to out game plane in big games plus Andy Reid has problem winning big games so this is a tossup.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go Chefs!!

so bored with the whole cheating patriots dynasty thing.

Back when Peyton Manning was with the Colts, I actually hated the Pats. But, I hate the Steelers probably more than any franchise in ANY sport. Living in PA, it made it even more painful to listen to Steeler fans gloat about their rings. Then one day, I woke up & realized that it was critical to my sanity, to always root for a strong Patriots team to exist. Mainly because they needed to always be the roadblock to the SB for the Steelers. I'm also sick & tired of Steeler fans bragging about having the most SB rings. Most of them don't realize or care to realize that their were NFL Championships long before Super Bowls existed & that GB & not Pittsburgh is truly title town. So, my hope is that NE eventually passes Pittsburgh in the SB ring category, so I can shut my moron neighbors up. It's truly brutal living in an area where it's about 50-50 between Steeler & Eagles fans. They are both so nauseating to listen too.

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
Face it don’t believe the Chiefs haven’t been to a SB since 1970 when Dawson beat the Vikings, go Chiefs!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Back when Peyton Manning was with the Colts, I actually hated the Pats. But, I hate the Steelers probably more than any franchise in ANY sport. Living in PA, it made it even more painful to listen to Steeler fans gloat about their rings. Then one day, I woke up & realized that it was critical to my sanity, to always root for a strong Patriots team to exist. Mainly because they needed to always be the roadblock to the SB for the Steelers. I'm also sick & tired of Steeler fans bragging about having the most SB rings. Most of them don't realize or care to realize that their were NFL Championships long before Super Bowls existed & that GB & not Pittsburgh is truly title town. So, my hope is that NE eventually passes Pittsburgh in the SB ring category, so I can shut my moron neighbors up. It's truly brutal living in an area where it's about 50-50 between Steeler & Eagles fans. They are both so nauseating to listen too.
stillers are imploding as we speak.
hope instead for a cardinal dynasty that will shut the stillers fans up.
pats have been caught cheating multiple teams. They have brought shame upon the term "Patriot"... they dont even deserve the rings they already have.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Face it don’t believe the Chiefs haven’t been to a SB since 1970 when Dawson beat the Vikings, go Chiefs!

People always remember the Jets upsetting the Colts, but forget that the Chiefs win over the Vikings was just as big an upset. That Minnesota team was the most physically dominant defense the NFL had ever seen. They literally just pummeled teams. The Chiefs won 23-7 & completely dominated the LOS. It was obvious that Buck Buchanan, Curly Culp, Bobby Bell, and Willie Lanier were even more ferocious than the Purple People Eaters. When the Jets beat the Colts, everyone saw that as a fluke. On this day, when the Chiefs beat up the bully Vikings, the world understood that the AFL was just as good as the NFL. To save face, the NFL decided it was time to merge with the AFL. And the rest was history.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You just don’t know what the Pats have up their sleeves. The last time they played I believe the Pats controlled the ball for close to 40 minutes if my memory serves me correctly. That SEEMS to be the way to beat the Chiefs. However I would be surprised to see the Patriots throw the ball on the first 20 plays and expose the Chiefs defense. I’m rooting for the Chiefs and believe they win this game. Their fire power will be a bit to much for the Pats to handle on the road. However, the Chiefs will have to play with the lead. If the Patriots jump out to a 10 or 13 point early lead they WILL turn to a ball control offense and will play keep away. Chiefs 23 Pats 19

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
As a big picture guy, I find it intriguing that we could wind up with a Pats and Rams superbowl...could be a fitting end to the Patriot dynasty, which began in 2001 when the upstart team from New England, with their unheralded 6th round pick QB beat Kurt Warner and the greatest show on turf.

Now if we can figure out a similar poetic justice type scenario for America's oldest pro franchise...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
huge chiefs fan the rest of the way. I cant root for the rams, I am indifferent about the saints and I am sick of the patriots.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Patriots all the way. Too good to fail.

B B will plan a way to negate Chris Jones interior pass rush and this will be a shootout.

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
People always remember the Jets upsetting the Colts, but forget that the Chiefs win over the Vikings was just as big an upset. That Minnesota team was the most physically dominant defense the NFL had ever seen. They literally just pummeled teams. The Chiefs won 23-7 & completely dominated the LOS. It was obvious that Buck Buchanan, Curly Culp, Bobby Bell, and Willie Lanier were even more ferocious than the Purple People Eaters. When the Jets beat the Colts, everyone saw that as a fluke. On this day, when the Chiefs beat up the bully Vikings, the world understood that the AFL was just as good as the NFL. To save face, the NFL decided it was time to merge with the AFL. And the rest was history.

Yeh still to this day remember that game with the pit of your stomach feeling...thinking WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED? Lol

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want to see the Chiefs win but I wouldn't be disappointed to see the Patriot dynasty continue to roll. We might be witnessing the greatest NFL dynasty, HC, and QB in the history of the league. Pretty special.
Not just an NFL dynasty but the greatest dynasty in all of sports. To pull off what they've pulled off in the time of free agency is nothing short of remarkable.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The merger was already in place by the time this game was played. In fact, the merger was finalized in 1966.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Not just an NFL dynasty but the greatest dynasty in all of sports. To pull off what they've pulled off in the time of free agency is nothing short of remarkable.

Totally agree.

You have Brady and BB but you have much more than that. Look at Brady's salary/cap hit each year. He could have made tens of millions more in his career (he is the GOAT) but he is about winning the SB. His cap flexibility and execution on the field has allowed the team to build around him and continue to win.

You can't say this about any other QB or team in the NFL (ever?).

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Totally agree.

You have Brady and BB but you have much more than that. Look at Brady's salary/cap hit each year. He could have made tens of millions more in his career (he is the GOAT) but he is about winning the SB. His cap flexibility and execution on the field has allowed the team to build around him and continue to win.

You can't say this about any other QB or team in the NFL (ever?).
He makes more off of endorsements not to mention his wife brings home a considerable paycheck herself.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This has all the makings of a historic matchup. I'm pumped to watch this one. I truly like both teams, so I won't walk away disappointed. You have to give the Chiefs a slight advantage being at home. But, the Chiefs still have that choking monkey on their shoulders until they get to a SB. Honestly, the Pats are not as good a road team this year, but that is normal for most teams. Love them or hate them, can you ever shortchange Brady & Belichick in big games?? No, but I'm going with the Chiefs in a tight one.
Add to that choking affect a choking head coach named Andy Reid lol.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson