OT: 2024 NFL Draft Rumors

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just woke up and have to tell you about a dream I had last night. Was having trouble falling asleep and instead of counting sheep I tried saying The Draft, the draft, the draft, Draft Day, Draft Day, D Day, D Day, and finally to sleep. And I dreampt (Sp?) I was in the Cardinals War Room. And I recognized Monti, walking around, shaking hands, and saying good luck. I saw the Board but all the names were blurry and I couldn't make them out.

And Monti looked different as he wasn't dressed in a suit but rather a military uniform, and everyone was calling him the General. Then someone said, "Hold it down, the General wants to say a few words". And Monti went up to the front of the room and started to speak.

"Scouts, coaches and front office personnel, we are about to embark upon a Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the football world are upon you. The hope and prayers of Cardinal fans everywhere march with you."

He went on to remind everyone that we'll be going up against an enemy that is very well armed, and that they will do their best to fool us into thinking that they will be coming after Player A. when it is really Player B. that they are after. We cannot and we will not be fooled.

The room exploded with cheers, and I thought that the noise woke me up. I asked my wife, how did we do, did we get MHJ? My wife asked if i've been drinking, and I reminded her about my strict no alcohol policy while the Draft is on. And then I really woke up, and thought about the movie, Hoosiers, "I'm ready coach, put me in."
Wow! That's vivid. I had a dream too. I vaguely remember...sex. With who or what, I can't remember.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Something great or terrible happens every 20 years when the Cards draft a wide receiver. In 2004, the Cards drafted Fitzgerald. That worked out great. In 1984, the Cardinals drafted Clyde Duncan, who has to be one of the biggest busts in team history. 2024, if they draft MHJ, and I hope they do, let's hope he's a lot closer to a Fitz than a Duncan!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Just woke up and have to tell you about a dream I had last night. Was having trouble falling asleep and instead of counting sheep I tried saying The Draft, the draft, the draft, Draft Day, Draft Day, D Day, D Day, and finally to sleep. And I dreampt (Sp?) I was in the Cardinals War Room. And I recognized Monti, walking around, shaking hands, and saying good luck. I saw the Board but all the names were blurry and I couldn't make them out.

And Monti looked different as he wasn't dressed in a suit but rather a military uniform, and everyone was calling him the General. Then someone said, "Hold it down, the General wants to say a few words". And Monti went up to the front of the room and started to speak.

"Scouts, coaches and front office personnel, we are about to embark upon a Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the football world are upon you. The hope and prayers of Cardinal fans everywhere march with you."

He went on to remind everyone that we'll be going up against an enemy that is very well armed, and that they will do their best to fool us into thinking that they will be coming after Player A. when it is really Player B. that they are after. We cannot and we will not be fooled.

The room exploded with cheers, and I thought that the noise woke me up. I asked my wife, how did we do, did we get MHJ? My wife asked if i've been drinking, and I reminded her about my strict no alcohol policy while the Draft is on. And then I really woke up, and thought about the movie, Hoosiers, "I'm ready coach, put me in."
Is it you Tango?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Something great or terrible happens every 20 years when the Cards draft a wide receiver. In 2004, the Cards drafted Fitzgerald. That worked out great. In 1984, the Cardinals drafted Clyde Duncan, who has to be one of the biggest busts in team history. 2024, if they draft MHJ, and I hope they do, let's hope he's a lot closer to a Fitz than a Duncan!
when we got Larry...we followed up with Dansby and D90...it would be sweet to do the same thing this year.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jordan Schultz says Drake Maye will be the number #3 pick if he’s there.
Giants trying to move up and get him @ #3

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score

One bust, one superstar. Can’t wait for us to draft our completely average WR to keep things even!