OT: 2024 NFL Draft Rumors

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Risky...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This would look like 12, Surtain, and their 2025 first for four and change?

Then 12, our second-rounder, and change to move up to five?

Everyone gets that Surtain is entering the fourth year of his rookie deal, right?

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
This would look like 12, Surtain, and their 2025 first for four and change?

Then 12, our second-rounder, and change to move up to five?

Everyone gets that Surtain is entering the fourth year of his rookie deal, right?

What’s the issue with that? We get a cheap year, then the option year and extend him as a top paid corner. I doubt Denver is looking to ship him but it would be great for the team.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'd be all over that. Can you imagine somehow getting MHJ and Surtain in a trade?

No I can’t but getting #12, 25’ 1st and Surtain would be a haul worthy enough to not land one of the big-3 WR’s. You add an elite corner and likely your top rated defensive player at #12. Still have #27, #35 and three 3rd’s to draft multiple receivers.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What’s the issue with that? We get a cheap year, then the option year and extend him as a top paid corner. I doubt Denver is looking to ship him but it would be great for the team.
The ol' Hollywood Brown special.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really.

Keim gave up a 1st for Hollywood straight up.

This would be giving up a 1st for PS + #12 + 2025 1st. So you are getting at least a 2 year rental on PS and 2 1sts in return.
You’re also getting a CB who’s legitimately very good to great, making 2 Pro-Bowls and an All-Pro the last two years.

Hollywood was a decent, All-Potential player, but nothing more.

Last edited:

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
If the Raiders throw #12, #77, 2025 1st, 2025 2nd, 2026 1st at you, you would be crazy not to take it!
You use a fraction of that haul to move back to #8 and you're getting a top-3 WR.....this would be a dream scenario.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You’re also getting a CB who’s legitimately very good to great, making 2 Pro-Bowls and an All-Pro the last two years.

Hollywood was a decent, All-Potential player, but nothing more.

Fair. Surtain is a better player than Hollywood Brown was or is. But that's also the difference between giving up a top 5 pick as part of the trade and the 23rd overall pick.

Is your insinuation that they are similarly skilled players or that we would be giving up similar compensation?

Neither. It's really just that nothing is promised and there's risk that you can't or won't sign the player you're receiving in return. I honestly thought that Surtain had just completed his second season, so I was legit reminding people that he was closer to a big payday than many might think (including people like me!). Because Surtain has made a Pro Bowl and been an all-pro, his 5th year option number will be substantially higher.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair. Surtain is a better player than Hollywood Brown was or is. But that's also the difference between giving up a top 5 pick as part of the trade and the 23rd overall pick.

Neither. It's really just that nothing is promised and there's risk that you can't or won't sign the player you're receiving in return. I honestly thought that Surtain had just completed his second season, so I was legit reminding people that he was closer to a big payday than many might think (including people like me!). Because Surtain has made a Pro Bowl and been an all-pro, his 5th year option number will be substantially higher.
WHY CAN'T THEY AFFORD TO SIGN PLAYERS not named Kyler Murray TO LARGE CONTRACTS? THAT IS WHY THEY GOT A STADIUM!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
WHY CAN'T THEY AFFORD TO SIGN PLAYERS not named Kyler Murray TO LARGE CONTRACTS? THAT IS WHY THEY GOT A STADIUM!
We did. Hop got a monster contract. Budda Baker got a fairly insane extension. Fitz stayed here forever.

It's just the past few years the window slammed shut on the Kyler Rookie Contract era and now we're trying to get the flywheel spinning on the Optimize the Franchise Quarterback era.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We did. Hop got a monster contract. Budda Baker got a fairly insane extension. Fitz stayed here forever.

It's just the past few years the window slammed shut on the Kyler Rookie Contract era and now we're trying to get the flywheel spinning on the Optimize the Franchise Quarterback era.
So plenty of money for Surtain. Thanks!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nfl radio doing a mock draft live. Had cards trade with Denver.

Denver receives:

Cards receives:
2024 second rounder
2025 first rounder
2025 second rounder
Court land Sutton.

Took Quinnen Mitchell cb Toledo

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member