OT: 2024 NFL Draft Rumors

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would hate that trade and scenario. I look at this way. How often do you get a chance to draft the best prospect in the draft at draft position 4? And, yes, Harrison is the best football player prospect in the draft regardless of what these mock draft sites are trying to say this time of year.
Then you're going to pass on that opportunity and hope the draft falls your way and you trade back up for a lesser prospect. All the while you already have 6 of the top 100 picks at your disposal.
I don't like going all the way to 12. I would need significant capital in order to do so. Like 12, Surtain, 2nd round pick at a minimum.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
How many starters did you expect this free agency? We got 2 in Jonah and Bunting, and you could easily argue another one of the DTs. That would be 3.

I mean the roster was pretty bad. Basically anyone we signed in free agency would slot in as a starter. I don't think we signed a top 5 free agent at any position, which doesn't move the needle much in improving a 4-13 roster.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess where we are differing are Cardinals starting caliber, due to their lack of talent, and legit NFL starting caliber players. Yes, the Cards added starters to THIS roster. Those guys, sans Williams, aren't starting on most teams.
I don't necessarily disagree with you.

Although I think Bilal can start on most teams. Murphy Bunting started 12 games for the Titans last year that has a much better defense than us. :shrug:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean the roster was pretty bad. Basically anyone we signed in free agency would slot in as a starter. I don't think we signed a top 5 free agent at any position, which doesn't move the needle much in improving a 4-13 roster.
I think most would have put Jonah as a top 5.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatshisname from Seattle started all the games or no? What did you dopes think of Froholdt last year? He wasn't really a starter before he put on the Big Red (or White) Pajamas.
I thought Froholdt did average last year, which is more than I was expecting.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If cards org comes to the conclusion that MHJ is a generational talent and still decides to trade out it’s a mistake no matter how you spin it IMO
No, it's not automatically a mistake.

It depends on what they get from the trade, it absolutely could be worth more. The world is never that black and white.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think that they will do both. They either decide he isn't and trade out, or they draft him because he is.
Or they may very well think there is somebody else who they can get at 11 or a higher pick they trade up for who could also be a generational player and they can still get a bunch of picks to boot.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I guess I have faith because of what I saw last season. They either let guys walk(Allen) released them(Hopkins) or players retired(Watt) and won as many games as the year before with all of that talent leaving.They didn’t have a legit starting QB for half the season and still competed in more games than one would have thought.

Will Anderson may be great, PJJ is going to be at least above average. This team needed way more than an above average edge.

If they trade down this year rather than draft MHJ it better be for more than they received last year. There are a bunch of WRs in this draft that could be great and I’m not just talking about the top 3. I’d love to have MHJ and don’t think we need a lot more picks this year and I would actually prefer for them to put a package together to trade up from 27 into the top 17 or so to get Verse or Laiatu. I’m just a fan and whatever happens I’ll take a wait and see approach.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I guess I have faith because of what I saw last season. They either let guys walk(Allen) released them(Hopkins) or players retired(Watt) and won as many games as the year before with all of that talent. They didn’t have a legit starting QB for half the season and still competed in more games than one would have thought.

Will Anderson may be great, PJJ is going to be at least above average. This team needed way more than an above average edge.

If they trade down this year rather than draft MHJ it better be for more than they received last year. There are a bunch of WRs in this draft that could be great and I’m not just talking about the top 3. I’d love to have MHJ and don’t think we need a lot more picks this year and I would actually prefer for them to put a package together to trade up from 27 into the top 17 or so to get Verse or Laiatu. I’m just a fan and whatever happens I’ll take a wait and see approach.
That's Outcensible

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think most would have put Jonah as a top 5.
Since you disagreed with me K9:

NFL. com
Rank

Jonah Williams

Arizona Cardinals

Williams might not stand out, but he handled his switch to right tackle in 2023 without much drop-off. He can also go back to the left side if needed. League-average tackles are hard to find in free agency.

EDITOR'S UPDATE: Williams signed a two-year, $30 million contract with the Arizona Cardinals, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on March 13.

PFF had him ranked 5th.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ben Standig of The Athletic posted a mock draft yesterday that I would like:

I'm sure in this scenario the Cards would not accept the trade down to #12 without already having the trade back up to #9 agreed to. But we'd all be sweating picks #6-#8!

[Edited to add the Cards' projected picks at #23 and #27 -dbs]
Yeah, only trading back up to 9 ain't going to cut it.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't like going all the way to 12. I would need significant capital in order to do so. Like 12, Surtain, 2nd round pick at a minimum.
Problem is Monti is not trying to acquire anyone that costs big time money. Its why the Jefferson stuff people were hoping for is dead.

Monti wants to compete for a playoff spot with not a lot of money tied up.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't disagree, but here is what I would say.

If you could parlay MHJ into either Nabers/Odunze AND Adonai Mitchell/Brian Thomas. While still keeping our 27 for Edge/CB. Wouldn't that make us a better team than just MHJ alone?
But you’re not trading for that. You’re trading for the hopeful possibility (not even probability) of that.