Ossenfort is Kicking the Hornets’ Nest in this Draft.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Usually by now I can relate several interesting rumors making the rounds. I can’t this year. Ossenfort has exploded the rumor mill to the extent that nothing is likely. Everything depends on what the Cards do with whom. It would be pointless for me to tell you what I hear as no one really has a clue what Ossenfort will do. Even if he gets his 3 firsts desire, there is no certainty he pulls the trigger. The frenzy is such he might even get a bigger offer. It’s that crazy. Very few people like next year’s QB class. Making things even more complicated is Gannon is basically a defense first guy. He’d be okay with Ossenfort getting him 2 or more premium defenders. Weaponizing the offense could be a secondary consideration. My best guess is things haven’t changed much from my first impression. The Cards want one of the top 3 WRs. Beyond that they will think defense. They’d like to make a deal with the Giants, but their offers so far are weak comparatively. Pleasing fans next year is not a factor. They want impact players and will be patient about a balanced team. I’m fairly certain the Pats take a QB, though they’re getting offers. If the Cards don’t trade, the Chargers will. Get ready for the fireworks.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
we've never had an easier decision to make imo - if kyler's our guy and if we want him to be successful then we turn the got damn ringer off and go with the generational talent

especially after just getting screwed on the texas trade

Really?

Explain that in detail.

It should be fun.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go with the generational talent

especially after just getting screwed on the texas trade
This term needs to be laid to rest too. Especially since that’s what we were told our QB is…

Pretty dramatic stance on the Texans trade… But whatevs.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sure you can figure it out big guy - same way you can entertain yourself lol
No future draft pick is guaranteed. If you were counting on a top pick for the Texans draft pick, that's on you. We never had a top pick, so we did not in fact get screwed in any way shape or form. We got exactly what we got. Pretty simple.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No future draft pick is guaranteed. If you were counting on a top pick for the Texans draft pick, that's on you. We never had a top pick, so we did not in fact get screwed in any way shape or form. We got exactly what we got. Pretty simple.
I'd argue we got screwed in that we passed up on the rookie of the year on defense for what isn't an extremely premium pick. Screwed is hyperbole, but it's still enough to leave a bad taste in one's mouth.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
so monti would've made the same exact trade knowing their 2024 first round would be #27.... think we'll have to disagree on this one

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so monti would've made the same exact trade knowing their 2024 first round would be #27.... think we'll have to disagree on this one
And getting an OT that was ranked like 4th out of his class after their first year.

Right…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would personally take will anderson (best of his class) > paris and #27 but that's just me
Every day and twice on Sunday. Especially since we didn’t just get Paris. We also had to give up a 1st and 2nd round pick to get Paris, while getting back only a 4th.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We also had to give up a 1st and 2nd round pick to get Paris
This isn’t fair. We gave up a second and got back a 4th to move from 11 to 6 (or whatever). We still netted an additional first.

I think that Texans pick is more likely to be Deone Buccannon than DJ Humphries, but let’s see them exercise it before we completely bury the trade.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I'd argue we got screwed in that we passed up on the rookie of the year on defense for what isn't an extremely premium pick. Screwed is hyperbole, but it's still enough to leave a bad taste in one's mouth.
Will Anderson is a nice player, but 7 sacks didnt even lead rookies (he was 4th) and was one more than Dennis Gardeck

maybe he turns into a difference maker, but his year was pretty mid

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will Anderson is a nice player, but 7 sacks didnt even lead rookies (he was 4th) and was one more than Dennis Gardeck

maybe he turns into a difference maker, but his year was pretty mid
I love it when people makes completely specious arguments like this one that just blatantly leaves out that he he also had 10 TFL AND THE ENTIRE LEAGUE IN PRESSURES?

Pretty mid for the DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR/PRO BOWL player…

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Every day and twice on Sunday. Especially since we didn’t just get Paris. We also had to give up a 1st and 2nd round pick to get Paris, while getting back only a 4th.
Meh the Cardinals in total better around 2000 points on the draft board in total last year, which is equal to around the 3rd or 4th overall pick.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn