Orlando: Suns restart 2019-20 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could be Baynes has decided not participate in Orlando. He will be a free agent after the season.

The thing that sort of contradicts it, he could have announced he was not going to play in Orlando like other players have done.

Maybe will still hear something soon.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I had to guess, I would say that Baynes has informed the team he won't be returning next season, Rubio and Lecque tested positive for COVID, and the Suns aren't going to pick up Okobo's team option.

It's clear that the Suns' time in Orlando is about building toward next season.

I'm sure you are right about okobo. Signing of Cam Payne clearly shows they are done with him as they should be.

I don't think you are right about Baynes though. Why did he show up to the workouts at the madhouse and attend pre orlando video conferences if he had no intention to play. It's possible he had a last minute change of heart, but not likely.

Rubio was planning on going as well so I still think he and Baynes are the two who got covid.

Lecque probably tested positive also - but it really doesn't matter if he is playing it means we are into garbage time minutes.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Just a gut feeling Baynes will be there, but he also expressed concern earlier about playing during Covid.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm sure you are right about okobo. Signing of Cam Payne clearly shows they are done with him as they should be.

I don't think you are right about Baynes though. Why did he show up to the workouts at the madhouse and attend pre orlando video conferences if he had no intention to play. It's possible he had a last minute change of heart, but not likely.

Rubio was planning on going as well so I still think he and Baynes are the two who got covid.

Lecque probably tested positive also - but it really doesn't matter if he is playing it means we are into garbage time minutes.

Rubio is now apparently back with the team in Orlando, so COVID certainly makes sense as an explanation. Baynes remains absent...

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rubio is now apparently back with the team in Orlando, so COVID certainly makes sense as an explanation. Baynes remains absent...

Oh really that's good news.

We can still win without Baynes.

Actually when I heard Monty talking about how Dario could play some center, I kind of assumed he didn't think Baynes was going to be available. So maybe you are right, he may have decided it's not worth the risk with impending free agency.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some updates on Aron Baynes.

Kellan Olson
@KellanOlson

·
45m
Baynes says he is in Phoenix and is still trying to get healthy enough to get back with the team. "Trying to pass some steps." Said he hasn't touched a basketball in over 30 days since he tested positive. Went into isolation at his house away from his wife and kids.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kellan Olson
@KellanOlson

·
44m
Baynes' family also tested positive but they all had minimal symptoms, unlike Baynes, who said it put him on bed rest for over a week. Baynes said he "still needs those negatives" so it sounds like he's still testing positive.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kellan Olson
@KellanOlson

Baynes said he got a workout in today (or whenever this was recorded). He was doing sprints up and down his front yard.
12:51 PM · Jul 22, 2020

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some news on Ricky Rubio.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre plans to put "Respect Us" on back of jersey.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Below tweet links full list of social justice messages Suns players are wearing.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After four months off, it’s basically an off-season. Mini season going on here. Teams could be totally different.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After four months off, it’s basically an off-season. Mini season going on here. Teams could be totally different.

It adds some mystery to the playoffs because teams will not be in mid-season form. There could be some upsets. Some teams may not even have all their players.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish the Suns could play the Wizards 8 times instead. Now I hope they don't beat us in the re-open.