Online registration for World Series tickets

Yotesfan85044

Registered
Reaction score
If the D'Backs get past the Rockies and make it to the World Series, ticket sales for World Series games at Chase is going to be much different than it was in 2001. There will NOT be in-person, over-the-phone or internet sales of single-game World Series tickets. Determining who gets to buy tickets is going to be handled through a random drawing. To participate in the drawing you have to register online at
http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com...tab4&affiliateId=2007hp_tixcomponent_ari_tab4

There's only a week left to register for the drawing. Deadline is next Tuesday, October 16th. Those who get picked in the random drawing will have the opportunity to purchase up to 6 tickets for ONE World Series game.

I can already forsee this new ticket policy for World Series tickets is going to piss off a lot of fans wishing to see one or more of the games at Chase, assuming of course the D'backs make it to the Series. I'm sure they came up with this new policy in order to help keep World Series tickets out of the hands of the ticket brokers and to avoid a lot of the ticket madness that occured in 2001 with the long lines of people at the ballpark and overloaded phone lines. And I'm sure they're doing this to drive sales of season tickets for next year as putting down a deposit for 2008 season tix would allow you to buy tickets for all possible World Series games at Chase. If you can't afford season tickets for next year and are hoping to see at least one World Series game in person without paying outrageous ticket prices on Ebay and Craigslist, my suggestion is to register yourself and get as many friends and family to register, increasing your odds of getting access to tickets.

Here's the press release that came out in September regarding World Series tickets.

PHOENIX -- The Arizona Diamondbacks announced today the launch of an online registration system on dbacks.com and losdbacks.com for the opportunity to purchase tickets to potential World Series games at Chase Field. If the D-backs should advance to the World Series, they would host Game 3 on Oct. 27, Game 4 on Oct. 28 and Game 5, if necessary, on Oct. 29.

All fans that register beginning today on dbacks.com or losdbacks.com will automatically be eligible for the random drawing for single-game ticket purchase opportunities for potential World Series games at Chase Field. Registration for the World Series drawing closes at 12 p.m. (MST) on Oct. 16. A limited number of fans will be selected in a random drawing and notified via e-mail by Oct. 23 with instructions regarding the online purchase of up to six tickets to one World Series game at Chase Field.

World Series tickets at Chase Field will only be available for purchase through the online registration process. No separate on-sale dates will be available to purchase tickets by phone or in person at the Chase Field Ticket Office.

For more information, visit dbacks.com, losdbacks.com or call the D-backs' ticket office at 602.514.8400.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Registered, but I'd have to pay for them myself. ;( It'd be worth a months worth of work to go to a game though.