Oh Well. On to round TWO

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Marshall is tough for me because he doesn't run the crispest routes and when you aren't schemed open, that is what creates separation. That is one area that I prefer EMoore and Wallace as they can both line up outside as well.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My surprise 2nd round pick, since I think we were high on AVT, before the Jets picked him, is Landon Dickerson. Hoping that he can move to guard for his first couple of years. And, as I posted already, I'm guessing we sign Richard Sherman to play CB. If we can trade back and pick up another pick (3rd round?) we might be able to get a RB or WR.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Good news on the WR in round 2 front.

33 - Jaguars
34 - Jets
35 - Falcons (took a WR round 1) Defense here
36 - Dolphins (took a WR round 1)
37 - Eagles (took a WR round 1) Defense here
38 - Bengals (took a WR round 1) OLine
39 - Panthers OLine or WR
40 - Broncos (have WRs on roster) DL
41 - Lions WR or Defense
42 - Giants (took a WR round 1) OL or LB/EDGE
43 - 49ers (have WRs on roster) OL
44 - Cowboys (have WRs on roster)
45 - Jaguars
46 - Patriots
47 - Chargers WR
48 - Raiders WR
49 - Cardinals

So, our competition isn't as stiff as it could be. Several of these teams need CBs, OL and Pass Rushers.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is that your WR order or just the first names you thought of?

Rondale seems like a Kirk replacement. Elijah could be DJackson 2.0. Marshall intrigues me the most though.
Hey the the last moore wr type name worked out for cards :) lol

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does Keim go small speedy slot guy yet again? Tutu Atwell / Rondale Moore fit his draft profile and one will be there when we pick.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know. He is the riskiest of the group IMO outside of Marshall's medicals but his speed and burst in the open field is rare.
Rondale could actually make WR screens work for the Cards

shifty, short area burst, low center of gravity

I really like Rondale, but do worry a bit he'd be a bad fit with Kyler. Maybe its the Isabella bias, but 5'7" guy with short arms just doesnt mix well with our short QB.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
My guess is that it will be Rondale Moore, Tylan Wallace, Quinn Meinerz or Ifeatu Melifonwu.

Those seem to be the deepest groups with areas of need and scheme fits. I like some EDGE guys but as I said earlier, I don't know if Cardinals PR could handle another LB being selected.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
No more micro WRs! If they take a WR in the 2nd it needs to be Marshall Jr. or Elijah Moore.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
If Cards had a 4th round pick I’d want them to get Demonte Coxie (steal of the draft).

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
No more micro WRs! If they take a WR in the 2nd it needs to be Marshall Jr. or Elijah Moore.
My amateur scout brain just really loves watching EMoore and Tylan Wallace compete. Honestly, my Marshall love is a little bit more about his "potential" than his actual skills. Both Elijah Moore and Tylan Wallace have the Devonta Smith mindset that I love in WRs.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I have no idea if he plays inside or outside, but some 'experts' like Dyami Brown, UNC. Supposed to be a good deep ball guy.
Iffy hands. Pass. I was on him in Feb and looked into him a bit further, and I didn't think he looked like a natural hands catcher. That is the biggest difference between him and E Moore. I had similar concerns about Toney.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I love Rondale Moore, but admittedly, he's only had one full season. WAY stronger than you'd imagine however...here's a vid of him as an incoming freshman. 600 lb squat:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I have no idea if he plays inside or outside, but some 'experts' like Dyami Brown, UNC. Supposed to be a good deep ball guy.

I've heard good things about this kid being a sleeper...and also the kid from Ole Miss (can't remember his name).

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I love Rondale Moore, but admittedly, he's only had one full season. WAY stronger than you'd imagine however...here's a vid of him as an incoming freshman. 600 lb squat:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The Darren Sproles comp on him is not a bad one. He has powerful lower half which matches well with his lower center or gravity. In the open field he is tough to handle. That said, a small WR whose best area is the short middle of the field does not really play to Kyler's strengths from what I have seen from Kyler.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Darren Sproles comp on him is not a bad one. He has powerful lower half which matches well with his lower center or gravity. In the open field he is tough to handle. That said, a small WR whose best area is the short middle of the field does not really play to Kyler's strengths from what I have seen from Kyler.

Kyler was overthrowing Monstrously tall Dan Arnold at times...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard