Official Training Camp Thread

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do the cards still do the red vs white scrimmage?

Also does anyone know when qb drills start so anxious to see how Murray does!

Can't believe football is close sooo pumped

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Do the cards still do the red vs white scrimmage?

Also does anyone know when qb drills start so anxious to see how Murray does!

Can't believe football is close sooo pumped

They call it a "red vs white practice" now. It's still a cool event; I'm taking my boys and dad next Saturday for it. Sometimes they do goal line drills, and Michael B. and Keim and (perhaps) K2 will address the crowd.

Here are my observations from last season, with people calling me a hater.

Those donuts have showed up elsewhere. I've seen them for Pee-Wee football practices. I guess that's how they're practicing heads'-up tackling?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NFL Network is airing "Inside Training Camp each day in one-hour chunks from most of the morning till 7 pm.

Problem is: you never can be sure when they'll cover Cards Camp or whether Sam Wyche will provide a new tidbit or two - or whether it will just be a re-tape of something aired earlier.

It's nice to be Retired - I leave the TV on all day as "background noise" and occasionally hit "rewind" and scroll backwards to cherrypick Cardinal news. (Kind of tedious, but whatcha gonna do)?

One thing that's picqued my interest is how different NFL teams do things differently (NFL Net doesn't make it all that easy, but if you watch your tv closely, you can pick up clues).

One OT but interesting tidbit - they're super-covering Browns practices (for obvious reasons) and - compared to how other teams conduct stretching and other drills with the team divided by roster position - the Browns drills resemble a mob scene, with all 90 players bumping into each other as they move to and pro.

Maybe one day, PFF or one of the football mags will chart comparisons of how different teams, train, play-call or stress certain elements differently

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
look forward to ASFN fan writeups. Ill have to catch up on twitter in the evenings as I cant see any of the stuff at work.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
This is what I'm talking about how screwed up this league is. Peterson is suspended 6 games for alleged PED use but Tyreek Hill is on record threatening his baby mama and pretty much admitting child abuse and he gets nothing. Not even a stern warning. It didn't even warrant an investigation.
Peterson peed dirty...there is no allegedly. I'm not saying both situations are equal, though...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Peterson peed dirty...there is no allegedly. I'm not saying both situations are equal, though...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
The alleged part is whether or not he took something to enhance his performance. There are supplements and some medications that cause urine tests to be positive. It's one thing if he pissed hot for HGH or bupropion(the NFL won't say which substance), that's where the alleged part comes from.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The alleged part is whether or not he took something to enhance his performance. There are supplements and some medications that cause urine tests to be positive. It's one thing if he pissed hot for HGH or bupropion(the NFL won't say which substance), that's where the alleged part comes from.

He was also caught with a masking agent in his system. There is no spin to this. He took PEDs and tried to cover it up with a masking agent. You're assertion of the NFL doing things wrong is still correct but this is not an allegedly scenario.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard (@Kyle_Odegard)
7/25/19, 1:23 PM
QB Kyler Murray doesn't see why people are doubting the Air Raid's ability to work in the NFL. He pointed out how successful it was at Oklahoma last season: "We probably had the best offense ever. Statistically, we had the best offense to ever do it."

OP
OP
blindseyed

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
He also said he thinks he's seen pretty much every defense (paraphrase)...he hasn't yet

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
scott bordow (@sbordow)
7/25/19, 2:27 PM
Great line from Fitzgerald today when asked about starting training camp for his 16th season: "I work really hard on cultivating indifference." Been in the business for 37 years. Never heard that one before. Had to laugh

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
scott bordow (@sbordow)
7/25/19, 2:28 PM
Kliff Kingsbury praised veteran corner Tramaine Brock in his morning presser and when asked who his starting center is said, "We have two of them." Indicated battle between Shipley and Cole will run through training camp

OP
OP
blindseyed

blindseyed

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
blindseyed

blindseyed

Reaction score
DJ looks to be in shape, I think I'm most excited to seeing him play more than anything

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave