Official Training Camp Thread

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by blindseyed, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

3000 yards of offense is Rosen numbers.

3000 yards of offense is 187.5 yards per game. That is a subpar number. It's not good at all. I expect a THOUSAND more yards than you between rushing and passing.

If Murray gets only 3000 yards, this offense will be McCoy-like. I think you're tempering your expectations more than you need to.

At a minimum, Murray will probably average 250 yards per game. That's 4000 yards of offense. I'm talking passing and rushing. It's not insane.

What's insane is to expect 3000 yards of offense. That's nonsense.

daves, GuernseyCard and PACardsFan like this.
  2. Krangthebrain

I remember how negative you were about McCoy. I was trying to be positive and I took the stance that he had tremendous success in Denver. I was way wrong, bought the hype even though the track record clearly showed it was an awful hire.

Yes, K2 has not called plays in the NFL, but he was easily one of the best in college football WITH inferior talent.

K2 should at least be a competent play caller.

Buckybird and DVontel like this.
  3. Krangthebrain

Glennon threw 19 TDs.

I believe that Prescott is the model for average NFL QB.

I agree. If a QB is going to be a good pro, they will often show it during their rookie seasons. As @Chris_Sanders demonstrated, the majority of QBs who had seasons like Josh Rosen, ended up being pretty bad pro QBs.

The path for Murray being successful is pretty clear. K2s offense works at least moderately well. Fitz plays to his 3 year average. Kirk plays better. One of the rookie receivers is a decent contributor. David Johnson hits around 4 yards a carry and is better used in the passing game. The offensive line gives up like 10 fewer sacks.

daves likes this.
  4. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

We hired a guy that if we made OC, could be gone one year later after a successful season to become a HC. Hiring him as HC right away but on a contigency of building an experienced roster was a good move. This whole didnt win in college thing holds no weight with me when college is VERY top heavy. It's no different than pimping Murrays record in college when he played for a major powerhouse and SHOULD have an amazing record. In both instances, they are both talented and good and their body of work on the field is more important than their win loss record.

Honestly, KK's body of work gives me more confidence than Murrays. I hope they both kill it though.

Goldfield, jf-08 and Jetstream Green like this.
  5. Krangthebrain

Keim said the same thing basically. The considered the idea of hiring a K2 as offensive coordinator, but if it was successful, you probably lose the guy quickly.

This is why I'm a huge fan of the move. IMO the current NFL rewards great offense much more than it rewards a great defense. You can throw the Patriots out of this argument because of the Brady-Belichick deal with Satan.

Goldfield, PACardsFan and BigRedRage like this.
  6. blindseyed

blindseyed I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita

GUYS, STOP MAKING THIS ANOTHER KYLER ARGUMENT THREAD IT'S FOR TRAINING CAMP UPDATES!!

7. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

I recently watched last year's game between Oklahoma & Texas Tech. Until TT's QB went down just before the half, K2 was clearly calling a better game than Lincoln Riley was. Had the kid not been injured, I believe TT would have won that game & gone to 6-3. I don't follow TT, so I have no idea if their starting QB played again after that injury. That alone would explain why TT ended up with a losing record. It did look pretty serious. The kid who backed up the starter couldn't throw the ball a lick, so K2 had to simplify the offense considerably. Until that injury, I was actually very impressed with K2's coaching.

Krangthebrain likes this.
  8. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

Dak Prescott went 13-3 as a rookie, completing nearly 68% of his passes and throwing 23 TDs against 4 INTs and 8 YPA. He had another 6 rushing TDs. He was exceptional as a rookie.

Now, he had exceptional talent supporting him including an All-World offensive line, and he hasn't reached those heights again with a lesser supporting cast. Still, last year he had 22 TDs, 8 INTs and another 6 TDs rushing.

daves likes this.
  9. Garthshort

Garthshort Registered User

Do all of the players have to pass a conditioning test before they are cleared to practice?

10. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

With even slightly more adequate QB play, we would have beaten the Bears, Seahawks twice, and the Raiders. Each of those games were decided by 3 points or less. I know you hate Cousins, but do you really think he would have played worse than the product the combo of Bradford and Rosen put on the field?

Not to mention we would have had three additional draft picks, someone like Derwin James or Leighton Van Der Esch. Look, I'm not saying it would have made us a better team in the long run, but I really believe Cousins could have mustered an additional 10 points out of the team.

11. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Sam Darnold had under 3,000 yards in 13 games. No one is throwing him under the bus. Why? Because it was a decent enough season.

This entire offense isn't Kyler alone. Just because he gets around 3,000 in my mind doesn't mean that DJ doesn't get a thousand yards. It doesn't mean that Kyler is starting every game, either, and that's not a knock on Kyler's stature, it's just a hard fact that NFL players get hit and miss games sometime.

This isn't even me trashing Kyler. It's me giving him plenty of excuses to call him a reasonable success by hitting reasonable numbers.

Pause and take a look at the numbers - Drew Brees, Dak Prescott, Matthew Stafford, Russell Wilson, Mitch Trubisky didn't even put up 4,000 yards. Most of them played the vast majority of the season, many of them are on much better teams with better talent than ours. For people to say they'e going to be disappointed if he's not immediately a top 10 QB out of the gate, it's ridiculously unfair to him.

12. blindseyed

blindseyed I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita

I'm pretty sure that's what the Rooks did yesterday

13. DVontel

DVontel Registered

Considering those are good teams outside of Oakland & it’s obvious how Cousins fares against good teams, no. Not to mention, he laid eggs against those 2 teams(Bears x2, last one against mostly backups) just last season with a way better cast.

daves likes this.
  14. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Absolute silliness. Wildly different situations. But whatever, Cousins must just be the worst QB of all time. Bring back Bradford!

15. DVontel

DVontel Registered

Man, I wish you would stop being such a stat-watcher & actually watch the dude play.