Official Training Camp Thread

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think if we had asked him to do that, we'd still be here waiting.
My god those skelton and Derek anderson yrs were the worst lol well and the kent Graham yrs also

Praying murray is as good as advertised and cards have a late 1st round pick next yr

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
My god those skelton and Derek anderson yrs were the worst lol well and the kent Graham yrs also

Praying murray is as good as advertised and cards have a late 1st round pick next yr
DA is quite possibly my least favorite Cardinals player of all time.

I was too young to fully embrace how bad the Kent Graham years were... it took until the Plummer years for me to start really understanding the play on the field.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DA is quite possibly my least favorite Cardinals player of all time.

I was too young to fully embrace how bad the Kent Graham years were... it took until the Plummer years for me to start really understanding the play on the field.
Lol i just remember one kent Graham gm vs the pats cards couldn't cross midfield till late 4th qtr lol

But totally agree with you on da

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just one QB that sums up the early days. Tom Tupa. Yep the one that played QB not the punter. Oh yeah they are the same person. At least I had hope for Graham.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The coverage on NFL Network is really poor. Obviously they were told to stand in a certain corner so you couldn't figure out formations, and cut out actual plays.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The coverage on NFL Network is really poor. Obviously they were told to stand in a certain corner so you couldn't figure out formations, and cut out actual plays.

Yeah all camera angles are field level and zoomed in. Glad I got to see it in person the other day. Can’t see anything with this coverage.

I think the camera guy forgot his camera was on. Lol

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just one QB that sums up the early days. Tom Tupa. Yep the one that played QB not the punter. Oh yeah they are the same person. At least I had hope for Graham.

Yes, Tupa was awful. But, let’s not forget Stan Gelbaugh. He has to be mentioned in any discussion about garbage Cardinal QB’s of the AZ era.

OP
OP
blindseyed

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Kurt is great tho, brings up strengths and also brings up solid concerns

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals did this in their feed too. I was wondering why they film it so poorly but there is the answer

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I super hated Murray's pick on draft day and refrained from Murray's Pros and Cons debate since. As the season neared, the Cardinals fan inside me wanted to get on with it and so I attended the practice at stadium today. Here are some observations:

1. In my opinion, looking at Murray on the field today, Murray is not as short as I imagined him in his dreadful suit on the draft day. Murray didn't look small (didn't look big as well) in his build. His lower body build is like an RB to an extent. I think Murray has an upside. Can the Cardinals OL keep him upright to judge how good he can be? Including a few pics that show from the relative size of Murray to others

2. Murray threw well but there were not any ooooooohhh and aaahhhhh throws. The ball comes out reasonably quick and all throws are tight spirals. He ran 3 three times (didn't look like designed runs to my eye) when the play broke down. Easily picked up first downs in two of those runs.

3. Except for one, every throw was kept short and some crossing routes mixed in.

4. Murray to Kirk looked automatic. If they both play 16 games, Cardinals will like their chances to put some good drives in every game this season.

5. David Johnson had a couple of good runs in the middle part of the practice. Chase Edmonds also had one good run. DJ dropped at least one quick hitter from Murray.

6. Hakeem Butler had two nice catches in the early part of practice in the end zone. Looks like his number will be called in red-zone with his size. In the open field, Butler failed to come up with a couple despite his size. Has potential may have to wait a year to know for sure.

7. I didn't focus much on defense, but the CBs looked to be the best group on the defensive side of practice today. Lots of press, I mean lots of man/press coverage.

8. OL was OK (maybe the DL is weak) after the first few plays in the live-practice.

9. Andy Isabella was nothing home to write about. Nothing bad either. Was expecting more for a high second-round pick. He did have a drop fielding a juggs machine punt/kick-off. Pharoah Cooper fielded everything and looks really quick after catch.

10. If you didn't know who the head coach was and was asked to identify the head coach after this practice, no one and I mean no one will guess Kliff Kingsbury is that coach. KK just works with QBs. Not even with the entire offensive unit. Zilch. Addressed the team before and after practice for less than a minute.

11. The practice was super low energy. Players practiced in pads and yet no audible thudding in the live-action between offense and defense. If the team's plan is to not put anything on tape it may work. If this is how they practice for reals when the crowd is not watching, it is going to be a near repeat of 2018 season.

Side note, Mike Jurecki dressed in his red Cardinals jersey and with glasses on looked like he just did a number on an old lady at church in the morning before attending Cardinals practice.

You must be registered for see images attach

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight, @Arz101. My hope is that this was a low tempo day that didn't show much on account of the open practice and NFL Network being there all day long. Appreciate the recap!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard