Official "The Passion" review thread

Homer Simpson

All Star
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
the new testament may finger the sanhedrin, but read my earlier posts, that makes no sense historically.

Makes no sense historically?

I'll leave that one alone.

It really was a fantastic movie. And I saw no hint of anti-Semitism.

BleedingPurple

Suffering Fan
Reaction score
Renz said:
Have you ever asked anyone to pray for you when you were having a hard time? Why did you choose to ask that person?
Yes, but those people were all ALIVE.

Renz said:
You may have chosen someone you could trust, or someone who understood your problem, or someone who was close to God. Those are all reasons we ask saints to pray for us in times of trouble.
You're making an awfully large assumption that people you never knew are those you could trust and even that they made it to heaven in the first place.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
BleedingPurple said:
You're making an awfully large assumption that people you never knew are those you could trust and even that they made it to heaven in the first place.
Isn't belief in God a pretty large assumption in itself?

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
BleedingPurple said:
Not nearly as large a one as assuming that all of creation simply appeared from nothing.
I'm not arguing the point. I believe in God. My point was that if someone believes in God, then it is possible to believe that the saints also exist and can help us communicate with God.

Anyway, it is obvious you don't agree, so let's just leave it at that.

Last edited:

BleedingPurple

Suffering Fan
Reaction score
Possible, yes. Just like its possible to believe in Islam, Joseph Smith and Watchtower. The problem is, all of these are based on the Bible. But each one, including praying with/to the dead 'saints' (you say with but the catechism says to), are all man-made additions to the Bible.

If the Bible was so wrong that man had to amend it, and change it, then what does that say about the root belief?

I can go all throughout this season, believing the Cardinals will win each and every game. I can even believe it is Cardinal Red in the Super Bowl. But the powers that be say otherwise. The powers that be, will beat the poor Cards most of the time, this season. What I believe has nothing to do with it.