Official Josh Jones is Trash Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outside of the false starts he was a VERY SERVICEABLE RT today. Against a very good pass rushing Dallas team. He’s def not trash. (Not Excusing the false starts)

yep I was going to post the same thing he had a false start and a hold but otherwise he held up quite well I thought.

I also thought beachum held up fine at LT. There was some issues here and there and we couldn't run block inside but on at least 2 of Kylers big runs, Jones or Beachum had a key block.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you ignore the multiple false starts.

Which you can’t.

Because they happened.
He had 1 today. And those are fixable. He blocked very well against a very talented pass rushing team at RT. You want to key on the meaningless soenalty that didn’t lose us the game go ahead. I’ll key in in his actual blocking that didn’t get out QB killed and looked like he belonged.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He had 1 today. And those are fixable. He blocked very well against a very talented pass rushing team at RT. You want to key on the meaningless soenalty that didn’t lose us the game go ahead. I’ll key in in his actual blocking that didn’t get out QB killed and looked like he belonged.
So the penalties don’t count unless that “lose us the game”? Pretty low bar.

His penalty on our opening drive likely resulted a red zone field goal instead of TD.

Meanwhile, we rushed for less than four YPC even when factoring in Kyler’s runs. Not all on Jones, but some responsibility?

Also, he was getting near-constant help.

I mean, we should prolly do a victory dance that he didn’t have to be benched mid-game like Holder McCoy was, but this wasn’t a victory for Josh Jones’ career arc.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I'll have to go back and watch the game one more time, but at least it wasn't A. Donald vs. M. Garcia part II. Neither did he play so poorly that you noticed him. So yeah, I think it's probably safe to say that he played competently today.

Whether or not he was "good" or not is up to the game film review.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Does Jones really have 5 false starts this season? That is inexcusable.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Outside of the false starts he was a VERY SERVICEABLE RT today. Against a very good pass rushing Dallas team. He’s def not trash. (Not Excusing the false starts)
I'm not gonna call him trash by no means but I see why he slipped to the 3rd round for sure. He looked better at Tackle than he has at guard. Justin Murray getting hurt early in the season depleted our depth for sure.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I was surprised by how well he did against Parsons. They lined up #11 on him maybe 10-12 times and it didn't work out the way I am sure Dallas thought it would.
This . What impact did Parsons really have? Definitely not the DPOY impact he’s been having all season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think Josh Jones is champagne problems.

He hasn't been as big a disaster as 90% of th clowns we've seen the Cardinals trot out on the offensive line over the years.

Could he play better? Absolutely, but he has had games where he played fairly well. I think some of us have forgotten that the alternative is often much worse on the offensive line and sometimes it takes these guys 3 years+ to develop.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
There is a way to fix most problems a player is having. One being adjusting your way of lining up and calling for the hike. Especially in situations where you are at the goal line, KK needs to teach them to break the huddle, lineup quickly, and run the ball up the middle or whatever, before a lineman has the chance to cause an illegal procedure penalty. There is no need to even go through all the audibles, since you know what you are going to run before getting set. An easy fix for that problem, plus you catch their Dline still moving and jumping about. Gotta play away from your weaknesses, as well as to your strengths.