Official "I can't keep up with technology" thread

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by MrYeahbut, Jan 6, 2019.

1. MrYeahbut

MrYeahbut rilly bruh, rilly?? Contributor

Having all kinds of problems with new VOIP phone system... dropped calls, intercom doesn't work, voice mail won't retrieve etc etc. My general manager turned a certain shade of purple and she* was ready to break someone's face. Hours talking to tech support, comcast et al. I upgraded my internet to 75mg but as it turns out, the dude** who installed the firewall only dedicated 5mg to the phone system!!! No freaking wonder it didn't work properly!! Who are these people???

* Please substitute 'they' for gender neutral pronoun if you are so inclined.

** My granddaughter and her friends call each other dude sometimes so I guess that's gender neutral.

2. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

You need more milligrams!!

3. MrYeahbut

I'm already taking the maximum allowable dosage by law.....

https://www.viibryd.com/ ® (vilazodone HCI) is a prescription medicine indicated for the treatment of major depressive disorder (MDD) in adults.

another rant, my co-pay has tripled in the last couple of years- tier 2 to tier 4, they should make it free because people like me shouldn't be let out of their cage without it.

4. MrYeahbut

Wife giving me meds before she lets me out..

35F8F34400000578-3676658-image-a-2_1467794969325.jpg

5. MrYeahbut

Samsung changed charging port type on their Galaxy phones. I tried to save a buck by using the one I already have to charge my new phone in my truck, so I bought an adapter from Amazon. The connector is so short I have to take the entire case off in order to get it to connect. It takes me longer to get the case on and off than it does to charge the phone!! It's worthless. Of course, they only come in packages of 3, another $30 down the terlet.

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Sincerely,

Henry David Thoreau