Official Camping Thread

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Is nobody getting outdoors? I am chomping at the bit but have vowed not to go until I get my truck squared away.

I probably wouldn't have decided that if I had known how long it would take.

Have the fire restrictions been lifted yet? It's not the same without a campfire.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have the fire restrictions been lifted yet? It's not the same without a campfire.

they typically stay in effect until monsoon season.

Then I go in august and make bum city (tarp design shelter) and camp in the rain with a small fire!

May to early august has had fire restrctions for the last many years. its a bummer but its dry as hell up there especially this year.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
they typically stay in effect until monsoon season.

Then I go in august and make bum city (tarp design shelter) and camp in the rain with a small fire!

May to early august has had fire restrctions for the last many years. its a bummer but its dry as hell up there especially this year.

I think you may be talking about stage I (developed sites only).

They've been on stage II (totally banned) for a while, which is not typical I believe.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you may be talking about stage I (developed sites only).

They've been on stage II (totally banned) for a while, which is not typical I believe.

I dont camp at developed sites unless I am at apache lake so all fire restrictions affect me.

OP
OP
Hollywood

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
That settles it. I was going to wait until I got the ford fixed but I just cant. I am starting to plan my next camping trip.
3 weeks from tomorrow I should be headed out.

I just need to decide if I want to invite my daughters boyfriend. I am leaning toward inviting him because of you guys.

Reaction score
That settles it. I was going to wait until I got the ford fixed but I just cant. I am starting to plan my next camping trip.

I just need to decide if I want to invite my daughters boyfriend. I am leaning toward inviting him because of you guys.

:thumbup:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A good idea, maybe hes a badass camper.

Or hes a nancy boy and you will hate him more for it.

How the hell will you take care of my daughter if you only know how to tie one kind of knot?

OP
OP
Hollywood

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score

My wife talked me out of it. She said that with our dogs (one still doesn't really like anyone) and the three of us the truck will be full. I am not inclined to argue for the boy. :D

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Camp off the 300 road right on the rim. Hopefully he doesn't fall off. Be safe :D

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever camp on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon? Am thinking about going up there in the fall.

OP
OP
Hollywood

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Going in 2 weeks. I cannot wait! I'm gonna blog about my prep because I need something to pass the time!

http://crisper57.wordpress.com
where are you going?
Anyone ever camp on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon? Am thinking about going up there in the fall.
I havent camped on either. I am thinking that my next trip will be to the south rim. I have heard that there are some great places there. The north rim might be to much of a drive for us at the present.

OP
OP
Hollywood

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Oh...and I just got back from our trip south of Tucson. Great spots and just enough rain to make it fun.
You must be registered for see images attach
You can see our camp in the background. My wife loved the sound of the water at night.
The road by camp
I didnt realize until the last day that this was just a little upstream of our camp. It is right next to another good campsite.