Reaction score
So I went through a replay of the game and found the following

First number is beat badly immediately, second is beat later, led to pressure

Veldheer 5,4
Wetzel 4,1
Boone 4,1
Boehm 2,5
Shipley 1,1

So basically other than Shipley pretty poor performances from everyone.

If you realize that 7 or 8 of our pass plays were screens which require very little blocking these numbers look even worse.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So I went through a replay of the game and found the following

First number is beat badly immediately, second is beat later, led to pressure

Veldheer 5,4
Wetzel 4,1
Boone 4,1
Boehm 2,5
Shipley 1,1

So basically other than Shipley pretty poor performances from everyone.

If you realize that 7 or 8 of our pass plays were screens which require very little blocking these numbers look even worse.

The O-line is our biggest weakness. They will cause Carson to go on IR if they continue to play so poorly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think it was a horrible decision to move Veldheer to RT. DJ was decent last year at RT and Veldheer was ok at LT. Now they both are stinking it up.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Next week we face Aaron Donald and a rejuvenated Robert Quinn under Wade Phillips. God help us!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I was all for moving veldheer to RT but he is awful over there.
John Simon has bounced around the league and made him look like a bum.

Made me wish Fred Wakefield was out there.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Veldher looked out of his depth. Reminiscent of Levi "The Human Turnstile" Brown. If he keeps playing like this he should be benched. Wetzel at LT, who himself is replacement level at best, was at least somewhat tolerable. If Veldher doesn't improve, Wetzel would be my choice at RT when Humph returns. Also we need Iupati back, even on one leg, to generate at least some push. Boone is the wildcard since he's been only here for a week or so, but Shipley and Boehm are clearly not starters on your average NFL OL. Maybe Boone can replace Boehm since he is physically much more gifted and has more experience to boot.

Most importantly BA has to tone down his slow-developing pass plays and get a quick passing game going. Most offensive coaches are able to adapt, so I don't see why one of the brighter offensive minds in the league couldn't. If BA doesn't adapt, we are looking at Ken Whisenhunt part deuce...

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Boehm and Ship got blown up. They were arguing and getting it from the coaches. Veldheer is on an island next to two back-ups.
I think this says a lot about the Oline and the amount or really the lack of the amount of time they had playing together in pre season as a unit. They barely saw the field and no matter how much you practice they needed time under real game conditions and it didn't happen and I blame Arians for that.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After so many picks and signings spent on the line, we must have a coaching problem. I don't think our coaches are focused on helping players improve. They just threaten their jobs and cuss them out and hope that will make them magically pick up stunts or pass off blocks better. It doesn't.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Boehm is ok. You can work with what he is bringing to the table. Boone was bad despite what Keim thought. Veldheer looks like he is done. Wetzel is giving everything he has which might never be enough, but is all you can ask for. Shipley is ok as well. As of right now, 2018 OLine looks like Humphries, Iupati, Shipley. Boehm and Wetzel.

If I am the Cardinals I take a hard look at Mason Cole and Billy Price in the draft. Both are pivot guys who could be 10 year guys. I don't believe either are locks for the top 20 which makes them even more viable options. Hopefully Dorian Johnson makes some strides to become the player the scouting reports said he was.

In reality, the future of this line is really tied into DJ Humphries and Dorian Johnson. If neither can stay healthy or good, this team is turning over the entire line in two years. If we want to sign a FA, Weston Richburg is a good option at C. I am not sure if the Giants will pay him, and if not, he would shore up C.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn