Off the Radar Draftees who you think will be huge stars

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jamie collins solid effective versus run,pass rusher ,fast,best broad jumper of all prospects this year draft ,this show how he could be explosive 6'4'' 250lb...

Last edited:

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
Jake Knott LB Iowa State

Little off the radar with a midseason shoulder injury.

Won about every honor you could in the Big 12.

A lot of people think he is the better player between him and team mate AJ Klein.

Is an extremely smart player. Always in position to make plays. Made a lot of big plays at Iowa State.

Tough guy. When he tore up his shoulder and had to have surgery he scheduled it after the next game and played with one arm taped to his body.

Good size at a position of need, 6'3" 252.

Just participated at Iowa State's pro day and performed well even though he is still recovering from the injury.

Four year starter and a team leader.

I think this is a kid who has a chance to be a real good NFL player and will be a late round draft choice or even an UDFA.

As an aside several participants at Iowa State's pro day impressed.

DL Jake McDonough 6'4" 305 put up 37 on the bench press and said several scouts were telling him he would be a good fit as a 3-4 defensive end.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Steadman Bailey and David Quessenberry.

Sent from my RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk II

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
University of Texas, WR M. Goodwin...insane speed and the kid can catch well enough unlike other sprinters who want to play in the NFL :)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
University of Texas, WR M. Goodwin...insane speed and the kid can catch well enough unlike other sprinters who want to play in the NFL :)

That's because Goodwin wasn't a sprinter. He was a long jumper. :D

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
That's because Goodwin wasn't a sprinter. He was a long jumper. :D

You sound like me DJ. I would always yell at the announcer when they said he had sprinter speed because dude did long jump in the Olympics but by the end of the season I said to myself "man, he should have RAN track" :D
He does do something really cool which most really fast athletes fail to accomplish and then can never find success at the WR position...Goodwin can actually track a ball in the air and catch it over his shoulder, COOL :)

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I wouldn't compare Swearinger to Wilson; while he has put some nasty hits, ones that have led to a suspension, he is a much better cover player than Wilson.

If you watched South Carolina last year, the only more impressive player on their squad was Clowney. Swearinger is nearly the total package of what teams are looking for in a safety, though I wouldn't say he's a freak of nature type. He's just a good, solid, tough football player.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't compare Swearinger to Wilson; while he has put some nasty hits, ones that have led to a suspension, he is a much better cover player than Wilson.

If you watched South Carolina last year, the only more impressive player on their squad was Clowney. Swearinger is nearly the total package of what teams are looking for in a safety, though I wouldn't say he's a freak of nature type. He's just a good, solid, tough football player.
Krang - How high would you rate Swearinger? As high as #38?

In my mock, there was a run on most if not all the OL's (we grabbed Warmack at #7) and the elite pass rushers have already been taken. It might come down to either a DE we don't really need, a lesser-rated sleeper OL, one of the QB's (T Wilson or Manuel - with Matt Scott probably but not definitely available a round later) or a safety (Swearinger).

I'm kind of torn between snapping up a QB or drafting Swearinger if he really is that good. What would you do?

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

In my mock, there was a run on most if not all the OL's (we grabbed Warmack at #7) and the elite pass rushers have already been taken. It might come down to either a DE we don't really need, a lesser-rated sleeper OL, one of the QB's (T Wilson or Manuel - with Matt Scott probably but not definitely available a round later) or a safety (Swearinger).

I'm kind of torn between snapping up a QB or drafting Swearinger if he really is that good. What would you do?

So people are percieving Scott as this year's coming of Russell Wilson? Not really that close, imo. He'd need a yr. or two watching/learning. So he's NOT close to a 2nd or even high 3rd Rd. prospect, imho. If he's there in the 4th, then maybe you pull that trigger.

EJ Manuel is a 3rd rounder at best also. He has real read issues from what I can see of him.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

3-4th round.

I don't think he's the type of athlete that I want at #38, but once you get to the third day I think he's a good enough football player that he should warrant a look there.

I don't think we'll even consider using three high picks on OL like some think and I could see us not drafting OLB until later as well. I think we use a pick 1-3 on one OL, and possibly a later round developmental, swing backup.