Not Investment Advice

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This is a very key point that not many are paying close enough attention to IMO. The fed wants to crush inflation by crushing demand. The stock, bond, and property markets are big drivers of inflation in a consumer based economy. Hence, IMO, the fed is basically saying the markets need to pull back...maybe significantly...until they pause and/or cut rates. This will effectively crush demand and inflation.

Don't fight the fed.
It's a mindset. People don't cash in on their gains. However, they feel richer looking at their gains, so they spend. Totally in agreement.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
However, they feel richer looking at their gains, so they spend
This...and they stop spending when the market goes the other way. Therefore helping to create a recession in the process.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I put a limit order ($85) in to add to my DIS position. Sentiment is really low on them and they are their lowest point in 5 years, lower than Covid. I understand the media landscape is challenging right now but I wouldn't bet against them long term and think in 5-10 years we'll look back at today's prices favorably. I think there's a good chance it goes lower in the short term but, I'll probably just buy more then.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I put a limit order ($85) in to add to my DIS position. Sentiment is really low on them and they are their lowest point in 5 years, lower than Covid. I understand the media landscape is challenging right now but I wouldn't bet against them long term and think in 5-10 years we'll look back at today's prices favorably. I think there's a good chance it goes lower in the short term but, I'll probably just buy more then.
I bought at 110 and am holding it for now, but I'm not convinced enough to want to double down. Of all the media names out there, they seem among the most certain to survive, but it could be years before they find a compelling path.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I think things are going to get a lot worse for them due to their mismanagement. They're already in huge debt since they tried to buy their way out of creative bankruptcy and still have to make big spends like buying out the Hulu partners. Long term in 5-10 years I could see them being bought and becoming subsidiary of Apple.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think things are going to get a lot worse for them due to their mismanagement. They're already in huge debt since they tried to buy their way out of creative bankruptcy and still have to make big spends like buying out the Hulu partners. Long term in 5-10 years I could see them being bought and becoming subsidiary of Apple.

I could also see them spinning off some assets. They are an industry leader in sports, animation, and theme parks. I think they'll figure it out and see it as a value play. Everybody was piling in during the pandemic when Disney + was booming and Marvel/Star Wars was all the rage. The stock hit 200! Now they're dog crap. Neither assessment was correct in my opinion.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I could also see them spinning off some assets. They are an industry leader in sports, animation, and theme parks. I think they'll figure it out and see it as a value play. Everybody was piling in during the pandemic when Disney + was booming and Marvel/Star Wars was all the rage. The stock hit 200! Now they're dog crap. Neither assessment was correct in my opinion.

Remember when PARA was 100?

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Remember when PARA was 100?

Yeay that was early 2021 and that got caught up on a WSB meme stock pump IIRC.

LOL!
You must be registered for see images attach

Should've given you a trigger warning before posting that.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Man you guys are way smarter at this than I am. My brain hurts reading all of this :) Are there any good books I could consume on the basics?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Yeay that was early 2021 and that got caught up on a WSB meme stock pump IIRC.

Should've given you a trigger warning before posting that.

That's okay, I did manage a profit when all was said and done. Not nearly what it could have been, but what can you do.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I expect them to sell off assets too. Forgot to mention that. During the pandemic everyone was piling on chasing fools gold IMO. D+ was being banked on and it's shown itself not to be the next big thing and the MCU/SW I view similarly. Anyone watching the fandom could see where those were going thanks to the way Disney has managed their big franchises. I just think they dug themselves a huge hole and things are going to get rough while they correct the ship.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we're all gonna be shocked at the amount of conglomeration thats going to occur like this over the coming decades..

A decades long tale. Merger and acquisition to fuel growth once you've tapped out organic growth. At some point the conglomerate buckles under its size and inefficiencies and starts selling and spinning off business segments to "right size" and focus on core competencies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson