Not even a DC rumor yet

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think they already have a guy lined up. May be waiting to have the presser as to not take away from the HC announcement. If it waits til Monday Ill be upset. They better have had a plan going into this thing. I would bet they will announce a DC by no later than Thursday morning.
Not sure if the Cards have a PR problem, but if you were to read The Times, Asbury Park Press, Star Ledger, USA Today or Daily News, it would be like Kingsbury didn't exist.

Plenty of ink on Gase, Kitchens, Fangio, Arians and others but no coverage of the KK hire.

True, we hired Kingsbury a day earlier, but he didn't get much attention in the East Coast dailies then.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Not sure if the Cards have a PR problem, but if you were to read The Times, Asbury Park Press, Star Ledger, USA Today or Daily News, it would be like Kingsbury didn't exist.

Plenty of ink on Gase, Kitchens, Fangio, Arians and others but no coverage of the KK hire.

True, we hired Kingsbury a day earlier, but he didn't get much attention in the East Coast dailies then.
Just the way we want it, IMO.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I don’t like Greg Williams. I think Pagano for DC and Childress as OC would be outstanding. Level headed no ego guys with experience who seem to be the type of guys who would serve 2K well. In addition to that their presence would expand the coaching pool to fill out the staff.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I don’t like Greg Williams. I think Pagano for DC and Childress as OC would be outstanding. Level headed no ego guys with experience who seem to be the type of guys who would serve 2K well. In addition to that their presence would expand the coaching pool to fill out the staff.
Reviewing Keim's presser comments, it sounds like the Cards plan to run a "take no prisoners" blitz-happy 4-3,defense.

Does that sound like Pagano or Nolan?

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand the thinking and feeling, but it just matters to me how you win, and in that process, I like to be able to look myself in the mirror. Gregg Williams is a douchebag, and I cringe at basically everything he does. I wouldn’t call him one of the best options out there, but even if other fans do think that – even if he was the best defensive coordinator in the world – I don’t see how you want to let him in your building. Especially with a young first-time head coach without NFL experience, and who thus need guidance and support which Gregg Williams certainly wouldn’t provide with his very old-school, no-nonsense approach.

What cardinal players and coaches do have absolutely zero impact on what I see in the mirror. It is a sport that I spectate for fun. If the defensive coach of the team impacts your own self worth in the mirror and makes you lose sleep at night I would say you are far too invested.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What cardinal players and coaches do have absolutely zero impact on what I see in the mirror. It is a sport that I spectate for fun. If the defensive coach of the team impacts your own self worth in the mirror and makes you lose sleep at night I would say you are far too invested.

That’s fair, and I can’t say that I am definitely not too invested. It’s just the way I am, I guess.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s fair, and I can’t say that I am definitely not too invested. It’s just the way I am, I guess.

As a season ticket holder, getting spanked at games I would leave angry, unhappy and miserable overall. Even on away games if we lost it ruined my day. One day we beat the lions and I was in traffic leaving the stadium. Some drunk fan was yelling something and I yelled scoreboard out of my car. He proceeded to climb out the window of his vehicle, stumble to mine and challenge me to get out. Inside my vehicle was three grown ass over 6' men in a tiny Honda accord. I refused to get out and beat the crap out of the guy for no reason, went home and reflected on it and ever since then, I removed myself from being that person. I still get major highs off of wins, losses still suck but I now simply view it as a casual spectator of a sport I enjoy but realize it is nothing more than a game and the wins or losses actually impact nothing about my life except for enjoyment of what I watch occasionally. Who we sign as a coach or as a player means nothing to me, I would not stop watching over political views of a player or conduct of a coach. They are people too, I probably would dislike 50% of the org if I walked in and got to know every person there and who they actually are.

It is best to just be a casual spectator and enjoy the sport in my opinion.

they don't know who we are, care who we are or what we are up to, they are just a modern day gladiator spectacle and we have our chosen team. I am a through and through cardinal fan and you are welcome to have your thoughts and feelings, just explaining my POV.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As a season ticket holder, getting spanked at games I would leave angry, unhappy and miserable overall. Even on away games if we lost it ruined my day. One day we beat the lions and I was in traffic leaving the stadium. Some drunk fan was yelling something and I yelled scoreboard out of my car. He proceeded to climb out the window of his vehicle, stumble to mine and challenge me to get out. Inside my vehicle was three grown ass over 6' men in a tiny Honda accord. I refused to get out and beat the crap out of the guy for no reason, went home and reflected on it and ever since then, I removed myself from being that person. I still get major highs off of wins, losses still suck but I now simply view it as a casual spectator of a sport I enjoy but realize it is nothing more than a game and the wins or losses actually impact nothing about my life except for enjoyment of what I watch occasionally. Who we sign as a coach or as a player means nothing to me, I would not stop watching over political views of a player or conduct of a coach. They are people too, I probably would dislike 50% of the org if I walked in and got to know every person there and who they actually are.

It is best to just be a casual spectator and enjoy the sport in my opinion.

they don't know who we are, care who we are or what we are up to, they are just a modern day gladiator spectacle and we have our chosen team. I am a through and through cardinal fan and you are welcome to have your thoughts and feelings, just explaining my POV.

I too was once like you were .... I was WAY OVER the top. I too came to the conclusion 'it's just a game' and 'they have never and will never give me any money for being the 'biggest' fan' and 'why did I let something I have absolutely NO control over ruin or make my day'

I too am now a casual fan. Win or lose I don't care - I'm going to have a great Sunday. Shoot I finally got to the point where I say 'it's just laundry' people are rooting for....the players could switch uniforms at half time and the guy you rooted against is now the guy you're rooting for ....so in reality your just rooting for the 'laundry' they're wearing....so I finally said, 'why am I driving 4 hours to and 4 hours back from the Cardinals games when I can drive 2 hours to the Chargers or Rams' I FINALLY just came to the conclusion that I like Professional Football and the teams themselves ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT.

I find people fighting in the stands or cussing at one another over 'their team' to be one of the dumbest things human beings do....because in the end the team could ABSOLUTELY CARE LESS about you.

Your post should be posted for all to see before they enter the message board every time. Well said!

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I certainly respect your view, BRR, and in some of it I agree with you. For instance, in the paragraph I quoted, but I just want to add that, for me, it’s about being a fan of the team. The employers come and go, but the team remains. Here in Denmark I am a huge fan of a soccer team from Copenhagen. I have been a fan for almost my entire life, and I consider it a vital part of my identity. Some will probably see it as being too invested or even a bit fanatic, but again, I guess it’s just the way I am. I think that, in some ways – and to the extent that it is possible being from a foreign country – I am that way with the Cardinals too.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I certainly respect your view, BRR, and in some of it I agree with you. For instance, in the paragraph I quoted, but I just want to add that, for me, it’s about being a fan of the team. The employers come and go, but the team remains. Here in Denmark I am a huge fan of a soccer team from Copenhagen. I have been a fan for almost my entire life, and I consider it a vital part of my identity. Some will probably see it as being too invested or even a bit fanatic, but again, I guess it’s just the way I am. I think that, in some ways – and to the extent that it is possible being from a foreign country – I am that way with the Cardinals too.
I am similar, but that is why I wouldn't look at myself any differently if the DC was Williams or when we had Adrian Peterson running the ball or if vick became our quarterback.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I too was once like you were .... I was WAY OVER the top. I too came to the conclusion 'it's just a game' and 'they have never and will never give me any money for being the 'biggest' fan' and 'why did I let something I have absolutely NO control over ruin or make my day'

I too am now a casual fan. Win or lose I don't care - I'm going to have a great Sunday. Shoot I finally got to the point where I say 'it's just laundry' people are rooting for....the players could switch uniforms at half time and the guy you rooted against is now the guy you're rooting for ....so in reality your just rooting for the 'laundry' they're wearing....so I finally said, 'why am I driving 4 hours to and 4 hours back from the Cardinals games when I can drive 2 hours to the Chargers or Rams' I FINALLY just came to the conclusion that I like Professional Football and the teams themselves ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT.

I find people fighting in the stands or cussing at one another over 'their team' to be one of the dumbest things human beings do....because in the end the team could ABSOLUTELY CARE LESS about you.

Your post should be posted for all to see before they enter the message board every time. Well said!

This, solid +1. I also believe age plays a part in the change. I went from fan crazy to entertainment spectator.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard