Nkemdiche Cut

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
This is exactly why you do not draft a guy with motor issues as a red flag. No matter how much potential they have if they don't have the work ethic it will never come out.
Plus he rarely produced in college.

It’s pretty rare a guy who started full time in college & didn’t play well produces at a high level in college

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
To be fair he was high risk high reward to begin with, but probably shouldnt have been a first rounder.

Keims drafts have been horrendous. I will say though his free agency has generally been good however. How else would they be able to field a decent team year in and year out? Ive even liked the Oline signings theyve just never been healthy.

Not defending his job, his drafts have been abomination at this point.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Keim is a terrible drafter. After this sober reminder I have to admit I’m reminded to view even this years draft, which I’ve been excited about, with healthy skepticism.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I understand why we took him. The only players at the time that were going to start were going to have to be real superstars. With what was an amazing coaching staff in place, the hope was that guys like Nkemdiche and Reddick could be stars. It didn't happen. But, I have no excuses left for Keim.

I personally like the guy, DUI issue and all, but this team is in a scary position.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He was the best interior dlineman last year...I could see him being remarried in Tampa this year

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I understand why we took him. The only players at the time that were going to start were going to have to be real superstars. With what was an amazing coaching staff in place, the hope was that guys like Nkemdiche and Reddick could be stars. It didn't happen. But, I have no excuses left for Keim.

I personally like the guy, DUI issue and all, but this team is in a scary position.

+1

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If not Tampa Bay...there's always the Raiders, Cowboys and maybe Cincinnati (although with Marv gone that might have changed).

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I know some people liked Chris Jones...I was fine with RN, but then again, I dont know him personally so I cant judge like 33% of the equation.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What’s the evidence supporting this opinion? Keim is the guy who loves physical tools and potential ahead of production. Arians rarely cared for rookies at all.

Remember how Michael B leveraged his skills as a former prosecutor to figure out whether Diche was straight? :rolleyes:

I noticed that not too long after this pick is when you started hearing Keim talk a lot about wanting guys that were passionate about football.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have always thought he never made football his priority. Some guys have other interests. His was music, his sax, and some weed. It happens. If he saved his $$$ he can enjoys his lifestyle. Cards should have known this when they drafted him.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I have always thought he never made football his priority. Some guys have other interests. His was music, his sax, and some weed. It happens. If he saved his $$$ he can enjoys his lifestyle. Cards should have known this when they drafted him.

He'll hitch on to another team that wants to take a chance on this bum.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
He was the best interior dlineman last year
:biglaugh:

For what a handful of plays throughout the year on a godawful run stopping unit?

Again the guy has been overhyped & underperforming since his sophomore season at Ole Miss

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I wanted to look up my post 2016 draft evaluation. If anyone’s interested, here it is. Actually it’s here whether anyone’s interested or not. That’s just one of those silly things people say.

“There's no question the Cards were in the best position in this draft to take a risk. That said I don't like this one. Did you notice in his interview how when asked I'd he'd distanced himself from problem people he said he learned how to spot problems he should avoid? That's an avoidance, not an answer. Dockett's problem was attitude and motivation. He was never surrounded by a detrimental posse. TM had huge advantages. He had a great and trusted friend playing with the Cards who took him under his wing. In college he lost untold ego points and glory he couldn't recapture when he was suspended. I find it especially ironic the Cards stressed how they'd added a character rating to their eval board. I wonder what Nkemdiche was rated in that column? By the way, I don't know anyone who had this guy rated highly any longer.

Okay talent wise he has great potential. He can be very disruptive. He's at a position where he should be able to join the rotation this year. He can rush the passer. He did show improved run defense this year. If they can keep him straight, he could be an outstanding player. I heard several teams took him off their board. The Cards took a risk, but they must have decided to take him if he fell to the way before the round started.

My concerned is that they've come to believe their legend and think they can mold anyone. They already have developmental players in abundance. If there had been no good options on the board I'd like this better. They could have added virtually a sure thing with Jones and they went all in. Let's hope they got it right.”

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Should be in cards worthless draft busts ring of waste

Ugh sooo much hope only to be utterly disappointed:(

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What’s the evidence supporting this opinion? Keim is the guy who loves physical tools and potential ahead of production. Arians rarely cared for rookies at all.

Remember how Michael B leveraged his skills as a former prosecutor to figure out whether Diche was straight? :rolleyes:
No evidence. Just one man's opinion and feeling on it. But, all legitimate points.. I do remember the Mike B intervention though. Either way.. I still think the reaching at that pick, like Hassan Riddick, was more of nod to it being on the shoulders of Arians. Maybe it was.. maybe it wasn't.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Every team in the NFL can be in a scary position year after year with a freak injury or two... But, I get your point.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another first round bust for Keim. How can one GM whiff on every single first round pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Should be in cards worthless draft busts ring of waste

Ugh sooo much hope only to be utterly disappointed:(
Funny thing is people laugh at me when I say Graves was better at drafting than Keim. Graves drafted hall of fame players. Keim hasn't drafted one player in the first round who ever made an impact, at least not positively.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Funny thing is people laugh at me when I say Graves was better at drafting than Keim. Graves drafted hall of fame players. Keim hasn't drafted one player in the first round who ever made an impact, at least not positively.

They stop laughing once they see it in every single Keim-criticism thread.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard