'niners: From Darlings to Dung...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Some interesting new information from that ESPN.com article:

6. Blamed the defeat on lousy communication all the way around, up to and including a postgame rant by coach Mike Singletary that was so unfocused he had to redeliver it to the team after its plane landed back in San Francisco.

[snip]

Perhaps the signature moment of the 49ers' Week 1 implosion came well afterward, when Singletary surprised the team by calling a second postgame meeting once its plane had returned to the Bay Area. The coach later explained to reporters that some of his players had made it clear they didn't understand much of what Singletary was getting at during his locker-room rant, when the coach reportedly went off on Smith, Crabtree and the offensive line, among others.

"I wanted to make sure everybody was on the same page and didn't leave here having conversations in the parking lot, having conversations in the bathroom, and not fully understanding what I was saying," Singletary said.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
OT - I wouldn't mind seeing that Charissa Thompson in my lockerroom, if you know what I mean.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I am making it a point of burying any schadenfreude I might be feeling

one win against the Saints, and not only is all this forgotten but it becomes the rallying point of the season

OP
OP
Redheart

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
I am making it a point of burying any schadenfreude I might be feeling

one win against the Saints, and not only is all this forgotten but it becomes the rallying point of the season

I already got to sit through all the 'niners love-fest; I am just enjoying the media crossing the road.

If the 'niners dump the Saints, look out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn