Niners at Cardinals gameday thread 12-26-2020

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
I don't believe anyone is arguing that he won't get 7 mil per year. The debate is how many teams are looking to pay him 15 mil per year? IMO, it is a limited market. 4 for 40 vs 4 for 60.

the 5th year option decline is looming large now. We almost have to tag him at this point

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Yep total BS. We’ve been screaming the same thing. I just don’t get it :bang:
I will never understand refs. last week 3 times offsides were blown dead not giving us the free play. Today the DL clearly jumps into the neutral zone, Cole moves and they call it on Cole? Are they saying because the guy who moved isn't over Cole, he's not allowed to react?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2 big drops by Arnold, a drop by Kirk in the endzone, and a drop by Hicks on the INT that would have given us the ball earlier than the fumble.

Terrible half for the offense

Kirk wasn't a drop. That pass was high.

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
Whatever money was slated to go to Peterson needs to be redirected to Reddick

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler 27 attempts for 118 yards :barf:

To be fair Arnold has probably dropped 50 yards in passes by himself.

The surprise to me is the Niners are getting pressure with so many injuries. That one drive Kyler escapes 2 sacks on first down runs for a first. on the next play he gets sacked with Kirk breaking free for a TD but not enough time to get it off.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
And Coach Cool has not improved it at all, we play the dumbest football of any team in the NFL. Need a coach to hold guys accountable and get them playing hard.
Yeah but he's a genius, the players don't execute, he's still learning, KM isn't doing it right, it's still better then 2018....what other excuses am I missing? Lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tampa needs to win against a bad team, put up 47. NO needs to win against a bad team, put up 53. Cardinals need to win against a bad team, have 6 at the half.
Yup. Really disappointing.

I expected to get down early because this team doesn’t handle success well, but I thought we’d be able to turn on the Jets after that.

Buckybird

Reaction score
The Niners gave up 41=points last week to the powerhouse Cowboys
Uninspired football on both sides of the ball.

The offense & defense must not understand today is do or die. No fire or enthusiasm from the whole team outside of Reddick

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Too many dropped passes. Arnold with 3 drive killing drops, as well as a deep one. Kirk and Hop both miss TDs. I know people will talk crap about coaching or defense or whatever but this game wouldn't be close if they could catch.
Nuk has lined up exclusively on the left side of the field all game. SF doesn’t shadow WRs because they play zone primarily so Verrett, the best corner on SF, has been on Nuk all game. That’s on KK. I agree the drops aren’t his fault, but what he can control, he’s not fixing. 4 seconds left and he doesn’t call a Hail Mary. He tried to get 5 yards a timeout to try another Hail Mary when everyone in the nfl knows a typical play takes around 4-5 seconds.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tampa needs to win against a bad team, put up 47. NO needs to win against a bad team, put up 53. Cardinals need to win against a bad team, have 6 at the half.
Yup. Really disappointing.

I expected to get down early because this team doesn’t handle success well, but I thought we’d be able to turn on the Jets after that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't believe anyone is arguing that he won't get 7 mil per year. The debate is how many teams are looking to pay him 15 mil per year? IMO, it is a limited market. 4 for 40 vs 4 for 60.

Exactly. He's a very specific scheme fit and all his sacks are vs backups or RTs.

He doesn't have a single sack over a top tier tackle. Which is what you pay OLB1 money for.

I don't see his market over 10 per.

Buckybird

Reaction score
The Niners gave up 41=points last week to the powerhouse Cowboys
Uninspired football on both sides of the ball.

The offense & defense must not understand today is do or die. No fire or enthusiasm from the whole team outside of Reddick

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kirk wasn't a drop. That pass was high.

It was high but NFL WR gets 2 hands on a ball and doesn't get hit until after the ball is incomplete, it's a drop. MJD called it one at the half as did Lofton(who played WR) so I'm calling that a drop. Not an easy catch but one NFL WR's make every game.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Biggest game of the year and the team is playing like crap against a bad 49ers team. :rolleyes:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever money was slated to go to Peterson needs to be redirected to Reddick

yip. PP is old, getting older and is average at best. Reddick is a young edge rusher and home grown talent. You keep that guy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was high but NFL WR gets 2 hands on a ball and doesn't get hit until after the ball is incomplete, it's a drop. MJD called it one at the half as did Lofton(who played WR) so I'm calling that a drop. Not an easy catch but one NFL WR's make every game.

exactly.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If my computer worked any slower my posts would show up tomorrow. So much buffering before things show up.

Buckybird

Reaction score
More like 80.
To be fair Arnold has probably dropped 50 yards in passes by himself.

The surprise to me is the Niners are getting pressure with so many injuries. That one drive Kyler escapes 2 sacks on first down runs for a first. on the next play he gets sacked with Kirk breaking free for a TD but not enough time to get it off.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Those teams are loaded with weapons.

We have Hopkins, who we use in the most un-imaginative ways, and that's it. Nobody else on offense is a real threat. Kirk, Arnold, Fitz, Drake are all well below average. It's a real problem.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson