Niners at Cardinals gameday thread 10-31-19

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Niners are 7-0

They put up 51 on the Panthers Sunday

Can our D hold them from putting up so many points?

Can our O generate enough points?

Oline will be tested today

Hopefully Drake has learned some plays because we'll need him

Go Cardinals!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Can the Cards just cover the 10 pt spread?

I'll be honest, if Murray can make Sherman look like a fool on 1 or 2 plays, I'll be happy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s gonna be ugly

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they couldn't be playing on a more apt day because this Halloween is gonna be scary for our boys.

get out without injuries and regroup to beat Arians and Co. next week.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it is what it is. As I thought we should have done last week I think we got to play action on early downs and stretch the field early in the game. I’d also play two te’s Most of the game with one setting up in the middle for quick dump passes.

We cannot let this defense simply have target practice on Kyler. He has to get the ball out of his hands in 2.25 seconds. Play action early going deep. Maybe we can hit a big play or two. If we are to win this game it will be a low scoring game. We win 16-10 or lose 34-13

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazy things happen on Halloween. Go Cardinals!

No one goes undefeated except for the 72 Dolphins. The Niners will lose a game they are expected to win at some point this year. This might be the game. Thursday night, travel, Halloween, ..... it wouldn't be that crazy if that inevitable loss the 49ers will have comes tonight.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one goes undefeated except for the 72 Dolphins. The Niners will lose a game they are expected to win at some point this year. This might be the game. Thursday night, travel, Halloween, ..... it wouldn't be that crazy if that inevitable loss the 49ers will have comes tonight.

I had some slim hopes dashed in New Orleans but why not. It happens. Maybe tonight.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
‘72 Dolphins perfect season happened in a 14 game season? Amirite?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

We couldn’t handle the Saints d-line and o-line... Both of which for the 9ers, are significantly better and more physical.
Drake at RB who likely understands a mere fraction of the offense. Joe Walker starting in place of Reddick (which doesn’t mean anything other than highlighting how much of a bust Reddick is)...
And the icing on this crap cake is the game is to be nationally televised, which has always been a death-knell for the Cards.

I can easily see this game getting out of control by the middle of the 2nd quarter.
Prediction:

9ers: 38
Cards: 10

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There's no doubt that SF has a dominant running game, that generally tips the time of possession heavily in their favor. But, other than the Cincy game, their easy wins have come because they have forced 3-4 turnovers.

Game 1 - @ Tampa Bay 31-17. Tampa actually outgained them 295-256 & held SF to 98 on the ground. TOP was 30-30. The turning point was that Tampa had 4 turnovers.

Game 2 - @ Cincy 41-17. Complete domination in this one. Cincy had only 1 turnover, but outgained 571-316. SF had 259 on the ground. TOP was SF 32-28.

Game 3 - vs Pitt 24-20. Game was only close because SF had 5 turnovers of their own. But, this was Big Ben's 1st full game OUT & Rudolph couldn't take advantage of the SF miscues. SF ran for 168 & outgained Pitt 436-239 and controlled the clock 36-24. With a healthy Big Ben, Pittsburgh wins this game. But Pittsburgh did have 2 turnovers, both of which resulted in SF points.

Game 4 - vs Cleveland 31-3. Niners rushed for 275 and dominated TOP 38-22. But, again, Cleveland's 4 turnovers were the reason for the lopsided score.

Game 5 - @LAR 20-7. Niners only rushed for 98, but their D stifled the Rams offense completely. No Todd Gurley in this one & Rams failed to score after having a 1st & goal on the SF 1. Rams only had 1 turnover, and this game was close.

Game 6 - @ Wash 9-0. Played in a monsoon, so hard to assess anything.

Game 7 - vs Carolina 51-13. Niners no doubt played with a chip on their shoulders in this one. Rushed for 232 yards, but only had 388 in total yardage. Even though SF ran for 232, they only had a 33-27 advantage in TOP. SF's pass rush forced 7 sacks & hurried Allen into 3 turnovers. The TO's are what turned this game ugly.

My point is that if we protect the ball, this won't be as ugly as it appears to be on paper. Murray will evade much of their pressure, but not all of it. He just has to throw it away at times & use his legs at other times. He can't get picked. It certainly doesn't appear that we'll have much success running the ball, but we have to take what we can on the ground. Our D has to keep SF under 150 on the ground & pressure Garropolo into a mistake or two. KK will need to plug his brain in & surprise the Niner D to set up scoring opportunities. I'm not stupid enough to predict a win, but if we can avoid turnovers, we can stay in this game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it is what it is. As I thought we should have done last week I think we got to play action on early downs and stretch the field early in the game. I’d also play two te’s Most of the game with one setting up in the middle for quick dump passes.

We cannot let this defense simply have target practice on Kyler. He has to get the ball out of his hands in 2.25 seconds. Play action early going deep. Maybe we can hit a big play or two. If we are to win this game it will be a low scoring game. We win 16-10 or lose 34-13

play action only works if the other team thinks you might run it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's no doubt that SF has a dominant running game, that generally tips the time of possession heavily in their favor. But, other than the Cincy game, their easy wins have come because they have forced 3-4 turnovers.

Game 1 - @ Tampa Bay 31-17. Tampa actually outgained them 295-256 & held SF to 98 on the ground. TOP was 30-30. The turning point was that Tampa had 4 turnovers.

Game 2 - @ Cincy 41-17. Complete domination in this one. Cincy had only 1 turnover, but outgained 571-316. SF had 259 on the ground. TOP was SF 32-28.

Game 3 - vs Pitt 24-20. Game was only close because SF had 5 turnovers of their own. But, this was Big Ben's 1st full game OUT & Rudolph couldn't take advantage of the SF miscues. SF ran for 168 & outgained Pitt 436-239 and controlled the clock 36-24. With a healthy Big Ben, Pittsburgh wins this game. But Pittsburgh did have 2 turnovers, both of which resulted in SF points.

Game 4 - vs Cleveland 31-3. Niners rushed for 275 and dominated TOP 38-22. But, again, Cleveland's 4 turnovers were the reason for the lopsided score.

Game 5 - @LAR 20-7. Niners only rushed for 98, but their D stifled the Rams offense completely. No Todd Gurley in this one & Rams failed to score after having a 1st & goal on the SF 1. Rams only had 1 turnover, and this game was close.

Game 6 - @ Wash 9-0. Played in a monsoon, so hard to assess anything.

Game 7 - vs Carolina 51-13. Niners no doubt played with a chip on their shoulders in this one. Rushed for 232 yards, but only had 388 in total yardage. Even though SF ran for 232, they only had a 33-27 advantage in TOP. SF's pass rush forced 7 sacks & hurried Allen into 3 turnovers. The TO's are what turned this game ugly.

My point is that if we protect the ball, this won't be as ugly as it appears to be on paper. Murray will evade much of their pressure, but not all of it. He just has to throw it away at times & use his legs at other times. He can't get picked. It certainly doesn't appear that we'll have much success running the ball, but we have to take what we can on the ground. Our D has to keep SF under 150 on the ground & pressure Garropolo into a mistake or two. KK will need to plug his brain in & surprise the Niner D to set up scoring opportunities. I'm not stupid enough to predict a win, but if we can avoid turnovers, we can stay in this game.

their point differential is insane. wins by 14, 28, 13, 38, 9, 24? I think we're gonna add to those scary ass numbers.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
their point differential is insane. wins by 14, 28, 13, 38, 9, 24? I think we're gonna add to those scary ass numbers.

Very true, but the really lopsided differentials had more to do with turnovers. We've done a very good job of protecting the ball. If we turn it over, we'll get killed. If we don't, we can hang. Also, with the exception of the Cincy game, the really lopsided wins were home games.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We couldn’t handle the Saints d-line and o-line... Both of which for the 9ers, are significantly better and more physical.
Drake at RB who likely understands a mere fraction of the offense. Joe Walker starting in place of Reddick (which doesn’t mean anything other than highlighting how much of a bust Reddick is)...
And the icing on this crap cake is the game is to be nationally televised, which has always been a death-knell for the Cards.

I can easily see this game getting out of control by the middle of the 2nd quarter.
Prediction:

9ers: 38
Cards: 10
I think the Saints’ OLine is a lot better than the 49ers’. I agree with the rest of this though.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Cardinals have won eight straight games against the Niners if that counts for anything.

The only thing that stat counts for is that Shanahan will not take his foot off the gas pedal. They'll beat us by 50 if they can. We can't turn the ball over.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose