Niklas with timely grab

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I was glad to see the kid have some success finally. He has only played tight end for 2 years and is known for his blocking, so to see the awesome grab (and good pass/read by Stanton) was very exciting.

I was hoping to see us pick him in the third, but there was a run on many of the top choices for a second round pick (Attaochu, Tuitt, Van Noy and Hageman) all chosen before us. I think we will be happy, give him a chance to develop. He is young, has a good player (Carlson) to learn from, and is just coming back from the broken hand. I feel confident the best is yet to come from him.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I thought all three TE played well against the Giants. Niklas was moving people and Housler had some very good blocks in the run game.

Hughes not so much. He had a 1st down run but his blocking was suspect and gave up the blocked punt. Hughes did recover a fumble but he didn't cause it.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've actually been disappointed in every one of our TE's frankly. Expected more.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
More what? We've got three first round Wide Receivers (and John Brown) getting the balls. Aside from the one flubby block against Freeney, what else could they have done to please you. Haven't dropped balls, haven't missed blocks....

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
More what? We've got three first round Wide Receivers (and John Brown) getting the balls. Aside from the one flubby block against Freeney, what else could they have done to please you. Haven't dropped balls, haven't missed blocks....

Oh yes they have.

Both Carlson and Housler got taken to school by the Chargers more than a few times in the season opener.

That being said, I think the tight ends are doing a good job in regards to their overall talent.

Carlson has been a nice surprise, IMHO.

I guess there was more to Niklas' catch that I saw. 1 catch = 4 pages on a forum ? :D j/k

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This isn't Madden where a collection of measurable equals immediate impact and you determine who is better by simple ratings.

You judge draft picks typically by year 2 or 3. Judging them by week 2 or 3 is very short sighted.

Wait...this isn't Madden?