Nfl wildcard round weekend-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pre Game Thread. 1/10/22 - 1/16/22

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You mean besides Vegas and quite a few pundits? Granted, I was rooting for Georgia the entire way, but it isn't like they were 20 point underdogs. They were the favorites.
Oh tru on vegas lol but almost every radio show tv sports i heard were sayin bama and u know been since 1980 on dawgs last title with hershal walker! Goooooo dawgs

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh tru on vegas lol but almost every radio show tv sports i heard were sayin bama and u know been since 1980 on dawgs last title with hershal walker! Goooooo dawgs
I think a lot of the pundits knew that Georgia was the best team in the country, but they were playing against the best coach college football has ever seen. It is like betting against Brady/Belichick, sure you might win sometimes, but the odds aren't in your favor.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think a lot of the pundits knew that Georgia was the best team in the country, but they were playing against the best coach college football has ever seen. It is like betting against Brady/Belichick, sure you might win sometimes, but the odds aren't in your favor.
Eh, it did help Bama’s best two WRs went out with injuries, lol.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Not sure I agree with everything he said, but he does have some interesting ideas.

TL: DW, (too long, didn't watch) he thinks the Cards score 31 points against the Rams. If they do that, I think they win.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course it made a difference. Young had his worst game of the year, in the biggest game of the year too.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Of course it made a difference. Young had his worst game of the year, in the biggest game of the year too.

Young was dropping some dimes that were flat out dropped. He didn’t play well but he didn’t get a lot of help either... Although it’s funny hearing some Bama fans complaining like their backup WR’s are 2* scrubs.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Young was dropping some dimes that were flat out dropped. He didn’t play well but he didn’t get a lot of help either... Although it’s funny hearing some Bama fans complaining like their backup WR’s are 2* scrubs.
I mean you’re not simply replacing 1,000+ yard & 15 TD+ production in the middle of the biggest game of the year with young cats who barely seen the field regardless of their star status coming out of high school, especially against one of the best defenses of all time, lol.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Get ready to be annoyed with me hyping Jameson Williams as the pick if his draft stock slips. Injury and all.
If Williams doesnt transfer there they probably dont make it to the playoffs. One of the weaker Bama teams I can remember. Dropped 2 would be touchdowns.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I appreciate his knowledge and insight.

He seems to think that Kyler's INTS (which totally dictated the outcome of that game) aren't plays that you can bank on happening again if you are the Rams.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just saw the stat below on ESPN.

"In their past five games, the Cardinals have allowed opponents to complete 62.3% of passes that traveled at least 15 yards in the air, for six touchdowns and without an interception"

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The diff between the two Rams games:

In our W, Donald was double teamed/chipped most of the game (Maxx Williams, anyone?) and had 4 total tackles, no sacks, no TFL
In our L, Donald was (not) double teamed as much, and had 5 total tackles, with 3 sacks (3!)

For some reason, I thought Rodney Hudson did not play in our last Rams game, but looks like he was active. Must have been the shift in our O line personnel. We also had a healthy dose of RB screens to Chase to keep their DL honest in the first game.

I wonder what combo of O line plus TE help will stymie some of the rush from the Rams. This will be the most critical piece if we have a chance on Monday.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cardinals cut Joe Walker

The Cardinals cut linebacker Joe Walker on Tuesday, according to the NFL’s transactions report.

Walker signed to the team’s active roster from the practice squad Dec. 21. He played nine games after being elevated from the practice squad before signing to the 53-player roster.

He played the last three games after earning his promotion.

In 12 games, Walker made 11 tackles. He saw action on 56 defensive snaps and 244 on special teams.

He re-joined the Cardinals on Oct. 13 after previously playing 30 games and making 11 starts with Arizona in 2018-19.

The Cardinals also waived linebacker Tahir Whitehead and defensive end Matt Dickerson from the practice squad.

Why now? Seems like he was getting a lot of playing time on special teams

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Alford i heard is toast,

Alford being out hurts the defense more than most are giving credit for. He was playing really well right up until he went out.

But Murphy, Wilson and Hamilton might be just barely good enough to hold the fort on Monday, although if Peterson is still out, I guess that makes the dime back Breeland. He deserves a few weeks in the system before we burn him at the stake (metaphorically speaking of course), but he didn't seem to be super effective vs. SEA.

I never thought i'd type the following sentence:

Man, I hope Kevin Peterson is available to play significant minutes in the upcoming playoff game.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The diff between the two Rams games:

In our W, Donald was double teamed/chipped most of the game (Maxx Williams, anyone?) and had 4 total tackles, no sacks, no TFL
In our L, Donald was (not) double teamed as much, and had 5 total tackles, with 3 sacks (3!)

For some reason, I thought Rodney Hudson did not play in our last Rams game, but looks like he was active. Must have been the shift in our O line personnel. We also had a healthy dose of RB screens to Chase to keep their DL honest in the first game.

I wonder what combo of O line plus TE help will stymie some of the rush from the Rams. This will be the most critical piece if we have a chance on Monday.
I also thought Hudson had missed that game while on Covid protocol?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Cardinals cut Joe Walker

The Cardinals cut linebacker Joe Walker on Tuesday, according to the NFL’s transactions report.

Walker signed to the team’s active roster from the practice squad Dec. 21. He played nine games after being elevated from the practice squad before signing to the 53-player roster.

He played the last three games after earning his promotion.

In 12 games, Walker made 11 tackles. He saw action on 56 defensive snaps and 244 on special teams.

He re-joined the Cardinals on Oct. 13 after previously playing 30 games and making 11 starts with Arizona in 2018-19.

The Cardinals also waived linebacker Tahir Whitehead and defensive end Matt Dickerson from the practice squad.

Why now? Seems like he was getting a lot of playing time on special teams
Collins movin’ on up!

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rams just signed former all pro safety Eric Weddle. We’ll crap. I was really hoping them losing Jordan Fuller was going to be a disadvantage for them.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cards - 34
Rams - 21
I’m feeling about the wildcard game the same as I did after the Indy loss…strangely good. This team has again not lived up to its potential, but I believe they’ll again have enough (as with the Dallas game) to win over a team that’s also dealing with some confi
I don't care what anyone says..... the scoreline was closer that it appeared but Kyler and the bunch got mauled. Donald led off the game with a sack and they ended with a sack. Our top WR tore his MCL and our 2 min drill looked like 5 pre-schoolers at recess.

They punched us in the mouth and we couldn't take it. Scoreboard rarely tells the full story.
The Cards did amass more first downs (22-18) and yards (447 to
Rams just signed former all pro safety Eric Weddle. We’ll crap. I was really hoping them losing Jordan Fuller was going to be a disadvantage for them.
Eric Weddle? Seriously? Hasn't he been out of the league for 2-3 years?