NFL upholds Tom Brady's four-game 'Deflategate' suspension

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cheater
Even destroyed his phone
**************************man
Innocent people don't destroy there phones. Lawyers said they'd sit down with his attorney and only go over texts between him and the ball boy...nothing else would be relevant or released. He was told that and then destroyed it.
Astric all his games in my opinion
Some fool will support Brady here...coming in 3,2,1...

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should have doubled the suspension.

I bet there was tampering evidence with LaGarrett Blount on there as well.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Where is the evidence he destroyed his phone? How do they know he did 10,000 text messages?

The NFL couldn't get the cops to get him to hand over his phone, so what would be the point of destroying it?

Also, why would he 'direct' someone to destroy his phone? Is he not strong enough as a NFL QB to throw it against the ground a time or two?

Now, maybe there is more to it. But given the fact the NFL has grossly screwed up this whole 'investigation'... some would call witch hunt, I think once again because somehow Brady changed phones...i.e. got a new one, they consider the old one 'destroyed', and that somehow is 'evidence' against him.

Some people get new phones, and they do so when they feel they want a new one. Unless they show some evidence like a video or audio recording of him talking about the 'destruction' of the phone...then I'm going to go with the default and that Goodell is overreaching again.

The guy still hasn't hired a competent investigator in anything. All the guys he's hired are either liars in front of congress, incompetent, or have some sort of affiliation with the NFL and thus not independent.

...all this for a minor offense that didn't change anything. Hell Rodgers likes overinflated balls. It's the same thing. I don't see anyone going after Rodgers.

At this point I need to see actual evidence from the NFL, since the NFL has time and time again cried wolf, and then in reality didn't have any evidence, just speculation.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Man, this is some high-octane Brady-trutherism.

Where is the evidence he destroyed his phone? How do they know he did 10,000 text messages?

It's on every cell phone bill you've ever used.

The NFL couldn't get the cops to get him to hand over his phone, so what would be the point of destroying it?

Because in an actual legal proceeding, the cell phone can be subpoenaed.

Also, why would he 'direct' someone to destroy his phone? Is he not strong enough as a NFL QB to throw it against the ground a time or two?
If you want something electronic destroyed and erased, you have a professional do it. A smashed phone can have its data recovered pretty easily.

Now, maybe there is more to it. But given the fact the NFL has grossly screwed up this whole 'investigation'... some would call witch hunt, I think once again because somehow Brady changed phones...i.e. got a new one, they consider the old one 'destroyed', and that somehow is 'evidence' against him.

Some people get new phones, and they do so when they feel they want a new one. Unless they show some evidence like a video or audio recording of him talking about the 'destruction' of the phone...then I'm going to go with the default and that Goodell is overreaching again.

The guy still hasn't hired a competent investigator in anything. All the guys he's hired are either liars in front of congress, incompetent, or have some sort of affiliation with the NFL and thus not independent.

...all this for a minor offense that didn't change anything. Hell Rodgers likes overinflated balls. It's the same thing. I don't see anyone going after Rodgers.

At this point I need to see actual evidence from the NFL, since the NFL has time and time again cried wolf, and then in reality didn't have any evidence, just speculation.

Ballgazi!

I assume that this means that we'll be hearing about Daryl Washington's suspension soon, right?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheater
Even destroyed his phone
Innocent people don't destroy there phones. Lawyers said they'd sit down with his attorney and only go over texts between him and the ball boy...nothing else would be relevant or released. He was told that and then destroyed it.

meh, is it that big of a cheat to let a lb of air out? :shrug:

he got his suspension. the price is paid. no skin off of my back.

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
Cheater
Even destroyed his phone

Even the second half of colts game..afc champ and Super Bowl where the balls were regulated and Brady still proved he is the best ever..

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man, this is some high-octane Brady-trutherism.

Really k9?

Trutherism? In a land devoid of truth, using catch phrases like this isn't really smart. It reeks of mental sloth.

You know full well I'm a Cardinal Fan, gee it's even in my HANDLE.

I don't give a flying f if he's guilty or not.. what I DO CARE ABOUT is kangaroo justice, which is rampant today in the USSA.

It's on every cell phone bill you've ever used.

Really? I never received a cell phone bill in the mail. Perhaps there is something online, but I've never bothered to even look for it. Then again, I get and always have gotten unlimited texts so it's never mattered.

Also, how would the NFL have access to these records? Did he hand them over? So I guess he WAS helping them, unless they were illegally accessing his records.

Because in an actual legal proceeding, the cell phone can be subpoenaed.

If you want something electronic destroyed and erased, you have a professional do it. A smashed phone can have its data recovered pretty easily.

Ballgazi!

Actual legal proceeding? Is that what the NFL is conducting? Please enlighten me to the NFL's ability to subpoena anything legally?

The reason I said that is because OF COURSE I know they can get the records off a destroyed phone. In fact, if they had legal recourse, which they do not, they could get the texts directly from the carrier.

So why would he 'destroy' the phone? Oh that's right... HE DIDN'T...It's the NFL who is using that meme.

Also, since I posted my original, guess what we found out....

Shefter reported that Brady ALWAYS gets a new phone every 4 months.

So yes, once again the NFL has overreached like morons and will be called out on it.

I assume that this means that we'll be hearing about Daryl Washington's suspension soon, right?

Who knows.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not just about a little bit of air being let out of a FB. It's the scheming to make it happen, the lying about doing it, the attempt to cover up the "crime". Same team that cheated, "Spygate".

Yes Brady is a great QB but that doesn't wash away the fact that he is a cheater. Yes the Pats destroyed the Colts in the 2nd half when the balls were properly inflated, maybe it's more about not fumbling the ball then Tom liking a softer ball.

There are those who say if your not cheating then your not trying. I fully disagree with this thought process.

Is it okay what Lance Armstrong did? I'm assuming most will say no. Some will say that Armstrong's cheating was far worse then Brady's. I don't disagree but what kind of cheating is okay? Where do we draw the line. For me it's simple, cheating is cheating and it's wrong.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not just about a little bit of air being let out of a FB. It's the scheming to make it happen, the lying about doing it, the attempt to cover up the "crime". Same team that cheated, "Spygate".

Yes Brady is a great QB but that doesn't wash away the fact that he is a cheater. Yes the Pats destroyed the Colts in the 2nd half when the balls were properly inflated, maybe it's more about not fumbling the ball then Tom liking a softer ball.

There are those who say if your not cheating then your not trying. I fully disagree with this thought process.

Is it okay what Lance Armstrong did? I'm assuming most will say no. Some will say that Armstrong's cheating was far worse then Brady's. I don't disagree but what kind of cheating is okay? Where do we draw the line. For me it's simple, cheating is cheating and it's wrong.

If it came out that Warner used to deflate his balls, would you stop being a fan of his and what he did here? I wouldnt :shrug:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it came out that Warner used to deflate his balls, would you stop being a fan of his and what he did here? I wouldnt :shrug:

I would be very disappointed and yes it would lower my opinion of him.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The key point to remember is we don't have the evidence one way or the other to say he is guilty or innocent.

What we have is the NFL coming up with lame guess after lame guess.

In this case, they are covering up their horrible unprofessional Wells report by claiming, wrongly, that Brady 'destroyed' his phone by upgrading/getting a new one on his regular schedule, and that somehow backs up the spurious findings of the lame report.

Because upgrading your phone is clearly destroying your phone in the NFL's eyes.

Maybe he's guilty, maybe he's innocent, but they haven't proven anything, or even come close.

As for the question about Warner... I'd want to see proof. If it was provable, then yes I would feel worse about Warner, but I'd also want to have some context as compared to other NFL QB's.

The fact remains anyone that is mad or disappointed in Brady, but isn't in Rodgers, has quite a double standard on their hands. Actually it's worse, because Rodgers has admitted altering footballs, which means there's more evidence against Rodgers then there is against Brady.

Critical thinking is not a disease. But more of it, would help cure America from the disease that is killing it.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In this case, they are covering up their horrible unprofessional Wells report by claiming, wrongly, that Brady 'destroyed' his phone by upgrading/getting a new one on his regular schedule, and that somehow backs up the spurious findings of the lame report.

Because upgrading your phone is clearly destroying your phone in the NFL's eyes.

I don't think that the NFL is saying that Brady destroyed his phone. Brady told them he destroyed his phone and does it on a regular basis when he changes phones. He was unable to explain though why the phone he had before that wasn't destroyed like the one they were looking for.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I still think Brady's bluffing to sue the league or take this farther, I think he's trying to just get it dismissed.

If he does take this to the next level, records will most likely come about contradicting his innocence. Could he be prosecuted for lying under oath if proven true? I'm pretty sure this would keep him from taking this further, plus it would seem to make him an absolute jackwad. Just my 2 cents

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think that the NFL is saying that Brady destroyed his phone. Brady told them he destroyed his phone and does it on a regular basis when he changes phones. He was unable to explain though why the phone he had before that wasn't destroyed like the one they were looking for.

See that's the key thing. Where did this term originate from?

On the bottom of ESPN and I'll quote
"Brady told Goodell it's common for him to destroy cell when he begins using a new one".

ESPN and PFT has been plastering this wording, along with quoting the NFL.

They said this destruction was a key point in upholding the suspension.

The key thing is, who is inserting 'destruction'. NFL? ESPN? Or Brady?

It seems odd to be that Brady would use the term 'destruction'. Perhaps he has. But I would guess it's somewhere at the NFL or the media that inserted that particular term.

I haven't heard anything about why the previous one before that wasn't destroyed. But again, where is that word coming from? Did he hand in his previous phone? Still lots to uncover.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
meh, is it that big of a cheat to let a lb of air out? :shrug:

he got his suspension. the price is paid. no skin off of my back.

IMO, this is similar to the USC punishment from the NCAA...It wasn't so much the infraction, as it was the way they thumbed their nose at everyone and gave them the finger, instead of just being contrite and owning up to it.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Maybe he's guilty, maybe he's innocent, but they haven't proven anything, or even come close.

I'd say those texts off the deflator & other guys phones are pretty clear what took place. I like Brady but the guy was clearly lying before the SB on his knowledge.

All those coincidences & he had nothing to do with it? Come on

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I still think Brady's bluffing to sue the league or take this farther, I think he's trying to just get it dismissed.

If he does take this to the next level, records will most likely come about contradicting his innocence. Could he be prosecuted for lying under oath if proven true? I'm pretty sure this would keep him from taking this further, plus it would seem to make him an absolute jackwad. Just my 2 cents

That's been his intent this entire time. He doesn't want the suspension to be reduced, he wants it erased. His camp proposed a simple fine akin to what the Chargers got a few years ago for tampering with balls pretty much knowing the league was going to say no.

The federal courts have more sympathy than the league, and as I've believed from the beginning, this was going to the judicial system.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me the key is and always has been that the guy who had the balls had BOTH teams balls.

The NFL isn't just saying you tampered with the balls the Pats used, they're saying the guy who we think helped you do this, had the game balls for the other team, in his possession.

We have no idea if he did anything to them or not but the fact that he had them made it a more serious offense to me.

Buckybird

Reaction score
That's been his intent this entire time. He doesn't want the suspension to be reduced, he wants it erased. His camp proposed a simple fine akin to what the Chargers got a few years ago for tampering with balls pretty much knowing the league was going to say no.

The federal courts have more sympathy than the league, and as I've believed from the beginning, this was going to the judicial system.

But couldn't he get a major trouble TJ if proven he's a liar in those courts? I just have a hard time believing his gain is worth the risk.

Buckybird

Reaction score
To me the key is and always has been that the guy who had the balls had BOTH teams balls.

The NFL isn't just saying you tampered with the balls the Pats used, they're saying the guy who we think helped you do this, had the game balls for the other team, in his possession.

We have no idea if he did anything to them or not but the fact that he had them made it a more serious offense to me.
I still think those 2 Pat employees had balls already prepared & labeled thus the video showed 2 mins or so in the bathroom.

TJ

Reaction score
But couldn't he get a major trouble TJ if proven he's a liar in those courts? I just have a hard time believing his gain is worth the risk.

The league has to prove it first, and the use of language such as "general knowledge" and "probably" is insufficient. Any lawyer whose motive is to prove reasonable doubt is going to pounce on that and have a field day. Brady and his camp are dumb, they wouldn't put themselves in a situation if they felt that they'd be putting Brady in a peculiar situation. Plus, the 5th amendment gives Brady protection in that instance.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I would be very disappointed and yes it would lower my opinion of him.

So what is your opinion of Lance Armstrong. Did your opinion of him change when it was proven he took performance enhancing drugs and then lied about it for years?

TJ

Reaction score
Statement from Brady's agent:

Statement from Tom Brady's agent, Don Yee:
"The Commissioner’s decision is deeply disappointing, but not surprising because the appeal process was thoroughly lacking in procedural fairness.
Most importantly, neither Tom nor the Patriots did anything wrong. And the NFL has no evidence that anything inappropriate occurred.
The appeal process was a sham, resulting in the Commissioner rubber-stamping his own decision. For example, the Wells investigative team was given over 100 days to conduct its investigation. Just days prior to the appeal hearing, we were notified that we would only have four hours to present a defense; therefore, we didn’t have enough time to examine important witnesses. Likewise, it was represented to the public that the Wells team was ‘independent’; however, when we requested documents from Wells, our request was rejected on the basis of privilege. We therefore had no idea as to what Wells found from other witnesses, nor did we know what those other witnesses said.
These are just two examples of how the Commissioner failed to ensure a fair process.
Additionally, the science in the Wells Report was junk. It has been thoroughly discredited by independent third parties.
Finally, as to the issue of cooperation, we presented the Commissioner with an unprecedented amount of electronic data, all of which is incontrovertible. I do not think that any private citizen would have agreed to provide anyone with the amount of information that Tom was willing to reveal to the Commissioner. Tom was completely transparent. All of the electronic information was ignored; we don’t know why. The extent to which Tom opened up his private life to the Commissioner will become clear in the coming days.
The Commissioner’s decision and discipline has no precedent in all of NFL history. His decision alters the competitive balance of the upcoming season. The decision is wrong and has no basis, and it diminishes the integrity of the game.”

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard