NFL Sunday Ticket

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

You can get the NFL Sunday Ticket app on your Firestick from the Amazon Appstore. For new users that don’t know how to do it, we have given step-by-step instructions below. The installation process goes as follows:

• First, go to the search menu by selecting the Search (hand lens logo) option above the Fire TV home screen.
  • Search for NFL Sunday Ticket in the search menu. You can either type it in using the on-screen keyboard or use the Voice Search feature.
  • Choose NFL Sunday Ticket from the instant search results on the menu.
  • After that, click the NFL Sunday Ticket app logo under Apps & Games on the following results page.
  • Click Get on the NFL Sunday Ticket app download page. It should start downloading soon.
  • Once the NFL Sunday Ticket app is successfully installed on your Firestick, click Open to launch it. You can also launch it from Your Apps & Channels section of the Fire TV home screen.

I guess it was too good to be true. From this link:

You can sign up for NFL Sunday Ticket from nflst.directv.com/amazonfiretv. You will be asked to enter your street address, unit, and ZIP Code to check whether you are eligible or not for the offer.
For non-subscribers, the offer only applies to those areas where DirecTV is unable to offer its services, or the satellite signals are too weak to be in working conditions.​

Oh well, I'll just return the Firestick when it gets here. See if my buddy that lives in an apt will order it for me and watch it on my roku.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So, it shows I'm not eligible. I'm interested in getting access to games but not having to watch them live. I'm more than happy to watch on my laptop, later in the evening.

Yeah I did the Gamepass last year and already paid for it this year, gives you recording after game is over. They're usually pretty quick about it. On Roku, the rewinding and fast forwarding is kind of flaky and jumps too far, but it works. On computer the controls are alot more precise.

Part of the Gamepass, they let you pick your team and they put all the videos from the Cards website in one spot for you. So when you open the app you see the thumbnails of Cards videos. That's great until game day. The problem with that, last year I forgot what game it was, I turn the thing on and the first thing I see before I can mash the back button is a thumbnail of Zane about to kick a FG. So I'm thinking okay what happened? Did he make it or miss? You know the game came down to this field goal if thats the first video on the page. Turns out he made it.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I guess it was too good to be true. From this link:

Oh well, I'll just return the Firestick when it gets here. See if my buddy that lives in an apt will order it for me and watch it on my roku.
Yup. It’s not an option for most people. That what I’ve been saying.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
I can envision Amazon raising prime membership $10-20 yearly and offering Sunday Ticket free. The small increase would lose a few million but gain another 20 million subscribers on top of the already 200 million.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can envision Amazon raising prime membership $10-20 yearly and offering Sunday Ticket free. The small increase would lose a few million but gain another 20 million subscribers on top of the already 200 million.
Then it’s not free. 20 bucks a month is 240.00 about the same price that Ditectv charges for basic Sunday ticket and everyone ******* about that it’s too expensive now.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After all my hating on Directv, I caved in and decided to just buy the freakin Sunday ticket. So I go to the website to sign up. I noticed that I had a couple of alerts. One of the alerts is that for being a loyal customer they're giving me the ticket for free.. I went on the chat and they verified its true!

Hahahaha, I'm a total maroon.

Last edited:

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
After all my hating on Directv, I caved in and decided to just buy the freakin Sunday ticket. So I go to the website to sign up. I noticed that I had a couple of alerts. One of the alerts is that for being a loyal customer they're giving me the ticket for free.. I went on the chat and they verified its true!

Better to be a total maroon than to be a total moron. I think that home depot can match that color for you with no problem

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We knew this already :)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm happy too they agreed to refund the extra 110 or whatever I paid when they told me I needed to upgrade from my original deal to MAX to make it work.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you go to college (or know someone that does) they do have some student Sunday Ticket deals (that you don't need directv for). I think its like $130 for the year. I stream the app on my xbox and/or phone.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Sling TV Free Sunday Ticket for Fox Games Loophole...

I stumbled onto this a couple weeks ago in Sling.

I was looking at my DVR Scheduled Recordings and noticed the Cardinals/Rams game was scheduled to record at the live game time. I'm in Florida and that's out of market. I checked the Guide and it wasn't scheduled there, so I thought nothing of it. Checked the next day though and the game did record.

Checked a week later for Cardinals/49ers, same thing. Out of my area and not on the Guide, but showing as a scheduled recording in by DVR.

So I realized what happened. I had set the DVR to record all NFL games awhile back. Sling is recording every Fox game, whether in my market or not, whether my Guide offers it or not. (Sling only has Fox, but no CBS).

Fast forward to today and yes every Fox game is scheduled to record in my DVR settings.

So it looks like somebody at Sling programming botched this and nobody has figured it out yet. I'm curious if anybody else with Sling is getting the same results?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was looking at my DVR Scheduled Recordings and noticed the Cardinals/Rams game was scheduled to record at the live game time. I'm in Florida and that's out of market. I checked the Guide and it wasn't scheduled there, so I thought nothing of it. Checked the next day though and the game did record.

Checked a week later for Cardinals/49ers, same thing. Out of my area and not on the Guide, but showing as a scheduled recording in by DVR.

So I realized what happened. I had set the DVR to record all NFL games awhile back. Sling is recording every Fox game, whether in my market or not, whether my Guide offers it or not. (Sling only has Fox, but no CBS).

Fast forward to today and yes every Fox game is scheduled to record in my DVR settings.

So it looks like somebody at Sling programming botched this and nobody has figured it out yet. I'm curious if anybody else with Sling is getting the same results?
I have Sling for the PAC12 Network for the ASU games. IT does the same thing - I want to only schedule ASU games, but it records ALL football games on that channel. It's annoying. I can't find a work around to only record ASU games while on PAC12 Network.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Can you watch the Cards game live? Or only after it has been recorded?
I have Sling but don't really DVR much. I prefer to watch live if possible.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Can you watch the Cards game live? Or only after it has been recorded?
I have Sling but don't really DVR much. I prefer to watch live if possible.
I can't watch it live per se because it doesn't appear in my guide and if I go to my live Fox channel, it will just show my local Fox game.

However if you record all NFL games, all Fox games record live. So you only have to wait a few seconds for the recording to start before you watch. So in essence I did watch cards/49ers live last week, just a few seconds delayed.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Canada is DAZN.

I have an American friend who uses ExpressVPN to create a virtual Toronto address to sign up. It's about $175.00 US per year or about $20.00 a month.
NFL
Soccer
Boxing and a host of other sports from around the world.

They archive all NFL games.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score

Commercial accounts, that's why. I can't see any way that streaming would be a workable solution for us commercial account holders.

DirecTV boxes have RS232 communication and internal webservers for automation and control systems. Commercial/bar environments often have audio/video distribution systems. For example, we have 16 TV's and 8 DTV Tuners routed through a matrix that is controlled via ipads with top down views of the bar. Each TV on the ipad shows what is currently playing and what source it is looking at and each source shows what is playing on it. Routing games to a specific television per customer request is dead simple (a two button press operation). You don't even have to be able to see the television in question to put the proper game on it.

I can't imagine dragging around 16 different firestick remotes to 16 different televisions to try to set games up. Not to mention the network bandwidth consumed by trying to stream 16 HD streams simultaneously.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Commercial accounts, that's why. I can't see any way that streaming would be a workable solution for us commercial account holders.

DirecTV boxes have RS232 communication and internal webservers for automation and control systems. Commercial/bar environments often have audio/video distribution systems.
Great explanation for why commercial accounts may stick with DirecTV for now. But have no doubt, when a streaming service begins carrying the games, before long there will be similar hardware for distributing feeds from streamed sources.

...dave

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose