NFL Sunday Ticket

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That time of year again...

My bill already shows the renewal queued up at 6 months of $48.99.

Intending on calling and trying to work that price down and figured I would make a thread so we can discuss what deals we get?
They gave me the 8 month payment plan before last season started, however, i was never charged anything. Blessing considering the team we had last yr. No one should've had to pay to watch that crap lol.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I called the other day and got $35 off for 12 months. Definitely not the best deal I've gotten but really didn't want to call anymore.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anybody explain the difference between the Sunday Ticket to go and the Max? Is it just the Redzone stuff or is there something else? Seems like it's about 25 bucks a month cheaper for to go online. I already checked and I am eligible. I'm just trying to decide which package makes the most sense.

I can do it by Roku or Amazon Prime but you still have to pay for the Directv subscription

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When you have to finance your football TV package for an ever-increasing number of months, it's time to pull the plug! Reminds me of when the Raiders moved back to Oakland in the '90s and invented the now-prevalent practice of selling Personal Seat Licenses for the privilege of "owning" season tickets. BofA took out a full-page ad in the Oakland Tribune offering to finance the PSLs. By the end of the first season, the joint was half-empty and you could buy tickets on the cheap in the parking lot, and wind up sitting right next to some poor chump who paid $10k for a PSL.

F the NFL and its greed, they've jumped the shark.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
We've been meaning to cancel Directv for a while, so I think now's the time to do it. Doubt they'll offer us anything good enough to stay. Plus, we can get pretty much everything we want for cheaper elsewhere, so why bother?

The only thing I want to mention is that any other option is going to be more complicated. The great thing about Cox/DTV is you just turn on your tv and you're all set. Any other option requires a bit of a learning curve. I cancelled DTV over a year ago and I'm still struggling to teach my wife how to work the tv. I'm sure some of it is her being deliberately obtuse, but I'll admit it's not as easy as hitting the power button and channel # anymore.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called last week and I asked for a better deal than $49 a mont for 6 months and very readily knocked of 25%. So $206 for the year.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sadly i have cox no direct tv

Lol thank god for nfl reddit streams really come in handy to watch gms for fantasy football

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we're falling prey to a transition period where you have to buy a few "splinter" content-providers and jump thru a few technical hoops to watch the various stuff you want to watch.

Meanwhile, we lost CBS for a couple of weeks here in Greater NYC (due to a DTV/CBS contract dispute) and also have to buy fire sticks, Prime memberships or other stuff in order to watch what we want to watch.

I'm guessing that after the recent media mergers (like AT&T and DirecTV) are digested, some honcho will figure out that simplifying the process - to allow viewers to push one channel button and watch the program - is simpler and more profitable.

Until then, we viewers will continue to live in Stupidville.

Diverdan

Reaction score
ok, that time of year again.
I have had Direct TV’s NFL Sunday Ticket since 1998. I cancelled several weeks ago when they auto renewed at full price. I was hoping there would be some discounts as the opening week got near. Has anyone had success in getting a lower price?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A week before football season starts cbs and fox have ended their feud with directv. At least in the Albuquerque area. Amazing.:p

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Direct TV sucks!

With their model if they didn't have the NFL they'd be out of business

first year one price
next year double and you're locked in

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got a sweet, sweet deal last year, not so much this year. Just the 25% off. Better than a slap in the face, but not by a lot. :)

Same here and the process was incredibly frustrating and annoying. Hate speaking with "Wendy" who has an incredibly thick Indian accent.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally got Sunday Ticket to go but had to jump through hoops to do so. Years ago they had a special where if you bought a special anniversary Madden game you got Sunday ticket free for a season. i did that and got the season free using my email. 2 years ago while living in Sacramento we had to get Directv. I tried to add Sunday ticket and had a nightmare because "your email is already used for an account." I got so fed up I gave up and just watched on Reddit links all year with mixed results.

So two nights ago I tried to sign up again and surprise, your email already exists with an account. So I tried activate said account, I changed my password 3 times and yet when I'd try to login again, wouldn't work. Called them 20 minutes later the person said they did not understand why it would not let me activate the old account but thought it was because I was just getting Sunday ticket not directv. He finally told me my best advice is use another email like your work email. didn't want to use work so I created a 2nd gmail account. He then gave me a 25% discount for the trouble so instead of 4 monthly payments I only had to pay 3. Still too expensive but I want to see what we look like and this year is particularly bad for televised games in the bay area. Near as I can tell only our 2 games with the 49ers will be on tv so the other 14 would require links if not for Sunday ticket.

To be fair, I had a similar issue when setting up my Xfinity tv app on my smart tv. It could not handle that my service had been disconnected and reconnected a year later it had the same that email already exists issue. they were eventually able to resolve it, Directv has now twice failed to do so but at least the guy made a good suggestion about using another email.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep no dice on the Sunday ticket except for $293

And they chopped my bill down to $67.99 and gave me the regional sports package for free. With my 3 TVs though still ends up being $100.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Just finished my call.

Retentions was able to offer $25 off per month. She did offer to transfer me to the VIP line, which apparently I qualify for.

Received $40 off programming per month, an additional $5 off per month for agreeing to auto pay.

They also gave Sunday Ticket Max for free

Took about 40 minutes on the phone, but done for now.

I just switched to century link for internet and think there is a discount there as well - will do that separate as I didn't want them to bundle a discount I could get anyway

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
I called yesterday and played hell with the first guy I talked to, thick India accent and couldn't get any kind of break.Was kind of pissed, called back an hour later and a woman with an India accent (not as bad) helped me. I mentioned I'd been a Ticket subscriber for at least 25 years. I asked if they had a loyalty program and she said yes. She talked to a supervisor and I got the Ticket for 1/2 price. Better than nothing but a hassle.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
What are people saying at the automated prompt to end up in India?

Both of my lines were domestic and I've never talked abroad with them

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose