NFL Player you Remember 1st Admiring as a Kid

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The 77 Cardinals. All of them. After that I just fell in love with football, so literally anyone on tv who made plays, I became a fan of that player. Even the eagles who were on every week. The hate for them didn't start until adulthood.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yelberton Abraham Tittle. Tough, gritty old man with the Giants. Was a really good one with the 49ers also. I have his autobiography “I Pass”.
Bart Starr was an early hero as well.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Larry Centers, Aeneas Williams, and Eric Swann.
lol... I remember that one season Larry was our entire offense.
Centers up the middle
screen pass to Larry Centers
Centers off tackle
Flair pass to centers
shotgun, QB drops back, theres pressure, he scrambles, nobody open!! outlet pass to Larry centers, he breaks a tackle...stiff arm... and hes down after a seven yard gain...

Larry Centers was awesome

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
Jeff Hostetler.........first football memory was the Norwood wide right Super Bowl. Was a Giant fan till 92 when my first football game was Giants/Cardinals. Didn't understand why the away team had more fans than the home team. If I'm from Arizona, then I should support the Arizona team. My curse started on that December afternoon. First Cardinal was Larry Centers.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My earliest favorite Cardinals were QB Charlie Johnson & WR Bobby Joe Conrad. My favorite non-Cardinals were Gale Sayers & Dick Butkus. In his prime before all the injuries, Sayers was the best RB I’ve ever seen. And it was must see TV to watch Butkus punish RB’s.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Jeff Hostetler.........first football memory was the Norwood wide right Super Bowl. Was a Giant fan till 92 when my first football game was Giants/Cardinals. Didn't understand why the away team had more fans than the home team. If I'm from Arizona, then I should support the Arizona team. My curse started on that December afternoon. First Cardinal was Larry Centers.
Man, my fandom began similarly.

I was initially a "Cowboys fan". They were really good. I would go to the games during Buddy's years, and my first year, I basically looked for girls around my age to hit on (it actually worked). Then the infamous Christmas game where Larry Centers vaulted over Brown of the Cowboys happened. The Cardinals got crushed, and I realized that I was pulling for DALLAS, TEXAS' team, not Arizona's team. I moved to Arizona in 1991 so by that time I was starting to like living in Arizona, so I started to identify with Arizona.

That offseason I watched the NFL draft for the first time and I was HOOKED.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose